Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Today, 09:26 AM  
Banded

Need to Rant - Having Trouble With Chiefs App

I went to the game last night last night with my daughter. This is the first time in 5 years that I've attended a preseason game. I usually just sell the tickets for cheap or give them to a friend. I wanted my daughter to get the Arrowhead experience since she has never been to a Chiefs game.

The traffic was backed up for a couple miles or so on I-70 and south on I-435. I did not expect that considering it was just a preseason game and the Chiefs were not planning to play starters. While in line I was trying to get my tickets to come up but I had major troubles with the Chiefs app. When I finally got up to the lot gate, the person said many people have been having issues. She just let me through and said I might have better luck when I get near the stadium.

When we got to the stadium gates, I was still having issues. They actually brought a guy over who was carrying a device or tablet of some sort. I gave him my name and seats location and he just ok, you're good. He also said I should contact the Chiefs between now and the first game to try to get this issue resolved.

Now, I know what some of you might say and yes, normally I would have put them in my Google wallet ahead of time and this would not have been an issue. I just had a really busy day yesterday and I forgot to do that. I assumed the issues were caused by thousands of people trying to access the cell towers at the same time (I have experienced this kind of thing in the past and would eventually get it to work if I just kept trying). I even connected to Arrowhead wi-fi to see if that would make a difference but no luck.

I tried getting my Chiefs app to work this morning and it is still having the same issue. The issue started with it making me reset my password and then it asking me to link my Chiefs app with my Ticketmaster account. This all started yesterday, btw. Now keep in mind that I had already done this in the past so I didn't make sense that it needed me to do that again. Every time I tried to do that, it would just pull up a screen with the menus on the border but everything else was just blank.

I called the Chiefs this morning and gave the rundown of my issues. The first thing the rep asked is are you on an Android device. Yep. He said Ticketmaster has an error in their system that is causing this issue. They hope to get it fixed soon and hopefully before the first game in 2 weeks. He said I should be able to access my Chiefs account through my web browser on my phone. Just checked and yep, it works.

This is the kind of BS that I hate about going all digital. One little thing can screw up thousands of people's experience. When it works, it is fine but when something gets screwed up, we're all fooked.

For anyone else with an Android phone who is attending the Ravens game, I would suggest that you check now to make sure you can access your tickets. And I would go ahead and put them in your wallet now so that you have no issues the day of the game. Hopefully, they will get this resolved but you never know.

One last thing of note, my phone is a Galaxy S24 Ultra. Just bought it a few months ago. My wife's phone is a slightly older Galaxy. She was at home last night but she was able to access our tickets on her phone after I called her and told her of the problem. So that shows that it is only some Android phones.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:26 AM   #2
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
I went to the game last night last night with my daughter. This is the first time in 5 years that I've attended a preseason game. I usually just sell the tickets for cheap or give them to a friend. I wanted my daughter to get the Arrowhead experience since she has never been to a Chiefs game.

The traffic was backed up for a couple miles or so on I-70 and south on I-435. I did not expect that considering it was just a preseason game and the Chiefs were not planning to play starters. While in line I was trying to get my tickets to come up but I had major troubles with the Chiefs app. When I finally got up to the lot gate, the person said many people have been having issues. She just let me through and said I might have better luck when I get near the stadium.

When we got to the stadium gates, I was still having issues. They actually brought a guy over who was carrying a device or tablet of some sort. I gave him my name and seats location and he just ok, you're good. He also said I should contact the Chiefs between now and the first game to try to get this issue resolved.

Now, I know what some of you might say and yes, normally I would have put them in my Google wallet ahead of time and this would not have been an issue. I just had a really busy day yesterday and I forgot to do that. I assumed the issues were caused by thousands of people trying to access the cell towers at the same time (I have experienced this kind of thing in the past and would eventually get it to work if I just kept trying). I even connected to Arrowhead wi-fi to see if that would make a difference but no luck.

I tried getting my Chiefs app to work this morning and it is still having the same issue. The issue started with it making me reset my password and then it asking me to link my Chiefs app with my Ticketmaster account. This all started yesterday, btw. Now keep in mind that I had already done this in the past so I didn't make sense that it needed me to do that again. Every time I tried to do that, it would just pull up a screen with the menus on the border but everything else was just blank.

I called the Chiefs this morning and gave the rundown of my issues. The first thing the rep asked is are you on an Android device. Yep. He said Ticketmaster has an error in their system that is causing this issue. They hope to get it fixed soon and hopefully before the first game in 2 weeks. He said I should be able to access my Chiefs account through my web browser on my phone. Just checked and yep, it works.

This is the kind of BS that I hate about going all digital. One little thing can screw up thousands of people's experience. When it works, it is fine but when something gets screwed up, we're all fooked.

For anyone else with an Android phone who is attending the Ravens game, I would suggest that you check now to make sure you can access your tickets. And I would go ahead and put them in your wallet now so that you have no issues the day of the game. Hopefully, they will get this resolved but you never know.

One last thing of note, my phone is a Galaxy S24 Ultra. Just bought it a few months ago. My wife's phone is a slightly older Galaxy. She was at home last night but she was able to access our tickets on her phone after I called her and told her of the problem. So that shows that it is only some Android phones.
Thank you
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:32 PM   #3
Veteran

I bought tickets from StubHub for the week 2 Bengal game and it says I'll get my tickets on the actual day of the game (and not before). I don't even know how this all digital works - should I download this chiefs app? I also bought parking. None of this was cheap bros.

We gonna crush a Modelo in tailgating fashion or what lzen?
Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.