Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 10:13 PM  
Inmem 2.0

Roster Depth

How do you think this year's roster depth compares to the last several years?
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:48 AM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll View Post
It’s gonna be like 2018 again — PM15 just letting it ****ing fly.
This defense is much better than 2018. Shouldn't hopefully need 35+ to win every game.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:57 AM   #47
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Also why is Steele not a rb2? Seems pretty good to me?
I think what folks want is a pass-catching back at RB3 more than they want some massive improvement at RB2.

Because yeah, Steele can be an RB2 as a short-term Pacheco replacement. He's obviously not as good, but that's the nature of backups. He's a physical runner that will pick up what's blocked and punish dudes for not coming correct into the hole. Pacheco-Light. That's fine.

People want a replacement McKinnon and we don't have one. Honestly, I don't see one in FA at all. That said, the team hasn't really been trying to get their hands on one either. The draft was loaded with guys like that (is every year) and they didn't so much as look to bring one in as a UDFA.

They just don't seem to really give a shit. Though honestly, Steele's hands have looked pretty decent. The biggest issue is pass pro. Damien Harris seemed to be the best option out there but claims to have retired. And if we didn't bring one in for camp, we clearly aren't that concerned.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:10 AM   #48
In Search of a Life

I’d love to have a cmc or Kamara or a speed guy or whatever at rb but anymore….just give me a guy with good vision and balance.

I don’t care about flash. Give me 4-5 yards a pop with the occasional burst.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:38 AM   #49
Veteran

Backups seem to be the same year to year... bad angles, arm tackles, limited DL pressure, OL poor blocking, CBs never look back and look lost, etc. I suppose this is just the price of success.
crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 10:41 AM   #50
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
We make up for a relatively mundane hit rate in the 1st round by pretty pretty damn outstanding in the middle and late rounds. So that's something.

But boy, you'd like to see those 1sts be a little more impactful. McDuffie and GK cure a lot of ills. And Worthy can as well. About a 50% hit rate is...fine.

But it does seem strange that a team that does so well in the middle/back of the draft seems to be pretty ordinary (not bad, just ordinary) with its earliest picks.

It makes me wonder if they don't focus more on need with that first pick than they do everywhere else. And if that doesn't give them a bit of a handicap making those picks.
I don't think its strange at all. Part of it is simply where we are drafting paired with what our team needs are. When you are drafting late, like last in the first round and your needs are DE, you are going to assume some risk in drafting one at that spot. There is just no way around it.

But this 50% hit rate stuff is bull shit.

Since 2017 when we traded up to draft Mahomes, we have only had 5 picks. We hit on McDuffie and Karlaftis, and feel great about Worthey. FDU is a giant question mark, but again, we took a shot at filling our greatest need at a Primier position. Would you feel better if we had drafted a guard, linebacker, or WR? Maybe, but we would have an epic hole at DE. FDU gets this season to show us wether or not he was a bad pick.

The CEH pick is the one that was just straight up awful. That is the pick, that still hurts us today, especially due to the position he plays. Giant ****ing waste of a pick and I still can't believe we brought him back. Honestly if we just took any of the dudes who went in round 2 we would be miles ahead. Its easy to say, can you imagine Tee Higgins, Pittman on this roster, but really anyone in round two would have been a massive improvement.

I think our years with no first round pick, 2018, 2019, and 2021 really messes with peoples perception of the Chiefs 1st round success. The second round is a crap shoot, just because Hardman was our top draft pick doesn't mean he should be a can't miss prospect.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 10:48 AM   #51
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Quote:
Also why is Steele not a rb2? Seems pretty good to me?
I love him on the roster, but I just think if you end up in a situation where he is the starting running back you are in trouble. We absolutely need a change of pace back, but especially so if POP were to be unavailable.

And wanting to bring in Donavan Smith to provide insurance is not a freak out...
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 10:55 AM   #52
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
When your qb is making what ours does along with what else we pay, missing on a first round pick is pretty tough.

This regime is good enough to make up for it so it won’t be a huge deal to be honest as they’ll hit on someone else

Shrug. Don’t know what to tell ya, man. Veach is going to have some first round misses.

If that’s “pretty tough” for you you’re going to have to deal with it.

No hitter in baseball bats 1.000 and neither does any GM in sports
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:57 AM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Hm.

You're not wrong.

Chiefs were 2nd in the league in sacks both years. I would've lost a bar bet on that one.

Just didn't feel like they had a real nasty pass rush apart from blitzing guys and then the occasional games where Jones would simply take over.

Fair point. Though I do wonder how much the secondary (and coverage sacks) assisted with that. We shall see.
I'd be interested to see how many of those sacks came from rushing four only. You could make the case that is was much easier to blitz last year because you could leave Sneed out there on an island with the best WR.
crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 01:37 PM   #54
Andy Reid Supporter

Darrell Taylor would have been a good trade. Only a 6th and he has production.

Would have done that for sure
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.