Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 10:13 PM  
Inmem 2.0

Roster Depth

How do you think this year's roster depth compares to the last several years?
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:57 AM   #31
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief View Post
Spot on, even if FAU busts, it doesn't change how amazing Veach has been. People need to try and remember how things used to be, where pretty much anyone picked beyond the 3rd round was basically camp fodder for this organization.
Oh sure.

But it's like saying "Man, Mahomes really needs to get more loft on his deep passes" early in his career.

Because Mahomes left some meat on the bones with the deep ball early in his career. It wasn't an indictment - merely a curiosity. And he's gotten better with those throws as he's gotten more experience (though his weapons have fallen off a fair bit in the interim prior to this year).

You just wanna figure out the why of it in the hopes you can get that weakness covered off a bit.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:02 AM   #32
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Yeah so about Sneed. People here would be bitching about the guy not doing anything in camp again bc his knee is a problem. Chiefs may have gotten out at the right time. These things don’t get better with age.

What does L'Jarius Sneed do, actually? Update on Tennessee Titans CB who doesn't practice

https://www.aol.com/does-ljarius-sne...183512331.html
Teams concerned over the knee might explain not getting a 2nd rounder but settling for a 3rd.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:06 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Yeah so about Sneed. People here would be bitching about the guy not doing anything in camp again bc his knee is a problem. Chiefs may have gotten out at the right time. These things don’t get better with age.

What does L'Jarius Sneed do, actually? Update on Tennessee Titans CB who doesn't practice

https://www.aol.com/does-ljarius-sne...183512331.html
Yeah.

It may be one of those things like we used to do at QB.

"Well just get a franchise quarterback!!!" as though there's a supermarket where you can just pick them up . Sometimes reality simply doesn't make the option we want available to us.

I think we would've all loved to have '23 Sneed back for another 3 years. But the reality is that he almost certainly peaked last year and that version of him is going to be intermittent at best going forward.

What we wanted, we just couldn't have. The knee will intervene.

Sucks - because that dude is a success story through and through. And a FANTASTIC player and teammate when healthy. I just don't know what you can reasonably expect from him going forward.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:08 AM   #34
MVP

The pass rush should help the secondary a lot. This team had high sack totals in 2022 and 2023. Plus, I don't think the secondary is a big concern. It's not like 2018 or 2019 level, where it was mostly substandard players. The main group of CBs has been together several years now. Last year the secondary was as good as you're getting in today's NFL. You can't expect that to last long. So it won't be 2023 level but shouldn't be bad either.

The DT, and OL depth is a bigger worry if anyone gets hurt.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:11 AM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Yeah - Niang is one of my first and easiest cuts.

That dude just never developed a bit and never seemed to give much of a shit about it.

Some dudes get drafted and think they've 'arrived' - Niang appears to be one of those guys. He simply hasn't ever treated this like a job, IMO.

He acts as though making the NFL was the task in front of him. And when you have a guy like Travis Kelce who openly and loudly says "Making the NFL is easier than STAYING in the NFL" I just don't know how you have that attitude. There are maybe 5 guys in the NFL with a safer roster spot than that dude and he shows up acting like he still needs to earn his spot now in his 12th season in the league.

How do you work alongside a guy like that and not rise to his level? By being a bum that doesn't belong in the league, that's how.

This one is an easy call. Niang isn't on my roster even if we DON'T keep Driskell. He's just gone.
How was Niang supposed to develop after he skipped his rookie season? That wasn't going to end well.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Old Today, 09:11 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper View Post
The pass rush should help the secondary a lot. This team had high sack totals in 2022 and 2023. Plus, I don't think the secondary is a big concern. It's not like 2018 or 2019 level, where it was mostly substandard players. The main group of CBs has been together several years now. Last year the secondary was as good as you're getting in today's NFL. You can't expect that to last long. So it won't be 2023 level but shouldn't be bad either.

The DT, and OL depth is a bigger worry if anyone gets hurt.
Hm.

You're not wrong.

Chiefs were 2nd in the league in sacks both years. I would've lost a bar bet on that one.

Just didn't feel like they had a real nasty pass rush apart from blitzing guys and then the occasional games where Jones would simply take over.

Fair point. Though I do wonder how much the secondary (and coverage sacks) assisted with that. We shall see.
Old Today, 09:14 AM   #37

Quote:
How was Niang supposed to develop after he skipped his rookie season? That wasn't going to end well.
I mean, Kelce effectively skipped his rookie season as well. It delayed his development but didn't stop it.

And by most accounts, Niang was always expected to effectively take the season off anyway due to the hip injury.

He's had 3 seasons since to get better and just hasn't.
Old Today, 09:21 AM   #38
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

When Niang skipped the first year and then came back in 2021 fat as ****, it wasn’t looking good.

He just doesn’t got it. I’d say he’s been 10 mins early to team meal more often than he’s been early to the team meetings.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:21 AM   #39
MVP

Quote:
I mean, Kelce effectively skipped his rookie season as well. It delayed his development but didn't stop it.

And by most accounts, Niang was always expected to effectively take the season off anyway due to the hip injury.

He's had 3 seasons since to get better and just hasn't.
Was it the hip, COVID, or both?

For Kelce, it was injury that caused him to miss his rookie season. Also, Kelce is an outlier. Missing the rookie season and not playing an actual game for a year doesn't sound like a great way to adapt to the NFL.

I'm over Niang. He was a 3rd round pick that hasn't improved. That's not unusual in the NFL. Just got off on the wrong foot.
Old Today, 09:23 AM   #40
Consuming CP souls

It's fine. No different than ANY NFL team
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:26 AM   #41

Quote:
Was it the hip, COVID, or both?

For Kelce, it was injury that caused him to miss his rookie season. Also, Kelce is an outlier. Missing the rookie season and not playing an actual game for a year doesn't sound like a great way to adapt to the NFL.

I'm over Niang. He was a 3rd round pick that hasn't improved. That's not unusual in the NFL. Just got off on the wrong foot.
Rumor was a little from Column A, a little from Column B. The hip was going to make it extremely unlikely that he was able to contribute before mid-season anyway and so the Chiefs were happy to have him use the COVID exemption to retain his rights for the extra year since the contract effectively tolled for those that used the COVID pass.

Had he not done so, he probably opens the season on IR anyway and they consider activating him over the last few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
When Niang skipped the first year and then came back in 2021 fat as ****, it wasn’t looking good.

He just doesn’t got it. I’d say he’s been 10 mins early to team meal more often than he’s been early to the team meetings.
Just like Speaks.

When you have a shot and you come in out of shape, I just don't have much use for you. Veterans typically learn how to 'play their way into shape' but these young guys don't.

When Niang had a clear path to the RT job and came in having clearly spent the off-seeason eating instead of rehabbing, that was a real bad look. Speaks did the same thing the year we got a new DC and he had a chance to finally play a position that fit his skill-set. Instead he took the spring/summer off and came into camp looking like a dude who didn't treat his job like a job.

A guy on a rookie deal showing up to camp out of shape is almost invariably a really bad sign.
Old Today, 09:28 AM   #42
I don’t care for Auburn

It’s gonna be like 2018 again — PM15 just letting it ****ing fly.
RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 09:33 AM   #43
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
I don't really think there is a ton of reasons to be concerned.

On the offensive line, I think you get Donavan Smith back and you suddenly feel pretty good about things. Does it help you at guard? No, but I think we have enough depth. The problem is there is no depth at the LT position.

Corner, I'm not going to freak out. We have depth, we just don't have two studs. Its an adjustment in expectations more than anything.

Running Back, this is the area of concern for me. Would love to bring is someone and we need to just be done with CEH. Steele needs to be RB3.
There it is. The freak out and bring Donovan smith back.

You guys are hilarious.
Palangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old Today, 09:41 AM   #44
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Hm.

You're not wrong.

Chiefs were 2nd in the league in sacks both years. I would've lost a bar bet on that one.

Just didn't feel like they had a real nasty pass rush apart from blitzing guys and then the occasional games where Jones would simply take over.

Fair point. Though I do wonder how much the secondary (and coverage sacks) assisted with that. We shall see.
A lot of that came from blitzing

Which with this secondary could be more of an issue
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:42 AM   #45
In Search of a Life

Also why is Steele not a rb2? Seems pretty good to me?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.