Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-18-2024, 03:28 PM  
Veteran

Curtis Jacobs

Anyone think this guy will make the team?

I want a jersey with my last name.
UteChief has disabled reputation
Old Today, 11:53 AM   #31
Starter

Agreed nobody is batting 1000. But I think the time is come to admit this was two consecutive very bad draft mistakes in a row. Lots of good draft choices as well obviously. But you shouldn’t put your head in the sand and refuse to recognize mistakes when they are made.
gordonelloyd ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.gordonelloyd ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.
Old Today, 12:00 PM   #32
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd View Post
Agreed nobody is batting 1000. But I think the time is come to admit this was two consecutive very bad draft mistakes in a row. Lots of good draft choices as well obviously. But you shouldn’t put your head in the sand and refuse to recognize mistakes when they are made.
First off, I'm not writing FAU off before his second year even begins.

Second, there's a difference between acknowledging and recognizing mistakes and being so clueless that you don't understand the Chiefs are fantastic at drafting even if FAU turns out to be a bust too.

News flash: every team drafts busts every year
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:10 PM   #33
In Search of a Life

They took a swing on a DE. Shit happens, could be worst.

Keep swinging. You're gonna miss some.

Hopefully he has a good season and we're all up in arms for nothing.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:10 PM   #34
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I really would like to see him make the team but the problem is that he doesn't seem to have anybody willing to stand on the table for him.

For instance, Toub seems to LOVE Remigio and Cochrane. Spags seems to really like Cochrane and Cam Jones. Reid seems to have a soft spot for {sigh} Skyy Moore.

These fringe roster players need to have someone that's going to loudly back them on that cutdown day and to this point I just haven't seen anyone that's really done so for Jacobs.

I don't think he's some guy that's going to go somewhere else and make us rue the day we let him go - he's probably going to be lucky to be Drue Tranquill someday. He's never going to be a star player in the league. But I think he belongs and I'd hate to lose him because we have a crush on some OTHER limited LB that I don't think is likely to even develop into part-time starter like Jacobs could.
Veach did say he was surprised Jacobs (along with Driskel and Lovett) wasn't drafted so it does seem like Veach rates him. I hope we keep him because his athleticism is similar to Willie Gay.
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old Today, 02:14 PM   #35
Andy Reid Supporter

FAU looks like a miss but he’s still TBD

But that draft looks pretty decent to me. Rice is an A+ pick, Wanya is a good pick for the late 3rd rd, Conner was a very good DB as a rookie (esp in the playoffs) and I think Nic Jones could be a decent corner for us.

It’s obviously the weakest draft from 2021 to this year but some people act like it’s 2018 bad
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:31 PM   #36
In Search of a Life

It's a year in. Give it this year and we'll have a good idea.

FAU looks not good at this point, but he's a young guy still.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:35 PM   #37
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger View Post
Veach did say he was surprised Jacobs (along with Driskel and Lovett) wasn't drafted so it does seem like Veach rates him. I hope we keep him because his athleticism is similar to Willie Gay.
Oh I wouldn't put him close to Gay.

Gay was much more explosive; pretty much across the board. While carrying quite a bit more mass as well.

In terms of pure athleticism he's probably not even quite to Tranquill's level.

Ultimately I think we overcomplicate some of this stuff - he wasn't drafted for precisely that reason. Oh watch as many Youtube videos as you want, but the bottom line is that he's fairly fungible from a traits standpoint. There are a dozen guys that test really similar to him every year these days.

He's a pure Will (IMO) who's traits don't jump off the page. Those aren't real hard to get your hands on, most of them are 3rd day picks (if that) and typically end up having 3-5 year careers as a ST standout if that.

I'm not gonna overplay his ability here. I just like him more than someone like Cam Jones who doesn't even reach THAT level of athleticism, IMO. But I'd say Jacobs is a lot closer to Jones than he is someone like Willie Gay.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.