Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-02-2022, 08:51 AM  
Supporter

***** All things Fitness *****

2022 getting and staying fit thread!
penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 08:08 AM   #721
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubya View Post
No time to read all posts in this thread so I`ll ask now. Anybody into the cold shower mornings and 3 day fasts? I texted my PMD and his response was, "150 minutes a week of moderate intensity excersizes trounces that torture and will reduce early deaths, heart attacks and strokes and even cancer".

Your thoughts?
If trying to build.or maintain muscle mass fasting is a waste of time. Your muscles need a near constant supply of protein to grow.

Cold therapy reduces muscle growth as well. You need blood flow and inflammation to grow muscle.

Cold tub is a great mental boost for many. Just wait 24 hours after lifting if also trying to grow.
penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 08:17 AM   #722
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Had to take 2 weeks off from upper body workouts my wrist was strained. Used wrist wraps tonight felt like I easily added 20 pounds to my lifts.

Also down 5 pounds this month
Just imagine how much better they would work if you wrapped them correctly.
Old Today, 08:23 AM   #723
Diablo Negro

Quote:
No time to read all posts in this thread so I`ll ask now. Anybody into the cold shower mornings and 3 day fasts? I texted my PMD and his response was, "150 minutes a week of moderate intensity excersizes trounces that torture and will reduce early deaths, heart attacks and strokes and even cancer".

Your thoughts?
Lift heavy shit and eat protein. The 2 main keys to longevity.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:49 AM   #724
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
Just imagine how much better they would work if you wrapped them correctly.
Pretty hard to **** up

https://doctorarthritis.org/products...3ZfimrO5vcKuIE
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:01 AM   #725
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:

Your thoughts?
Finding an activity that you like that you can do a few times a week is way better for you physically and mentally than doing that other shit. And it's easier to sustain.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:15 AM   #726
Supporter

Quote:
Unfortunately it is. The images on that site don't have them wrapped correctly.

Old Today, 10:24 AM   #727
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Lift heavy shit and eat protein. The 2 main keys to longevity.
I am just about to turn over 2000 miles on my Sole F63 treadmill and it has truly changed my life.

After each morning session I feel terrific and wish I had started doing it earlier in my life.

For me at 74 Cardio is the key. My Doctor has told me "whatever you are doing, keep it up!"
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:25 AM   #728
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Wrist straps throwing shade...

Quote:
These lifting wrist straps have been designed to prevent tendonitis & other wrist injuries due to poor lifting form.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:34 AM   #729
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
I am just about to turn over 2000 miles on my Sole F63 treadmill and it has truly changed my life.

After each morning session I feel terrific and wish I had started doing it earlier in my life.

For me at 74 Cardio is the key. My Doctor has told me "whatever you are doing, keep it up!"
The main reason resistance training is highly recommended is you can start losing muscle mass as young as 40 in small quantities and that percentage of mass lost generally increases as you get into your 50s and 60s and beyond.

Of course, that's at 10k feet and there are reasons why it may or may not matter as much person to person.

I didn't have much to begin with at 40, so I'm gaining while the gaining is decent and then I'm sure will basically be trying to maintain in another decade.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:06 PM   #730
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
The main reason resistance training is highly recommended is you can start losing muscle mass as young as 40 in small quantities and that percentage of mass lost generally increases as you get into your 50s and 60s and beyond.

Of course, that's at 10k feet and there are reasons why it may or may not matter as much person to person.

I didn't have much to begin with at 40, so I'm gaining while the gaining is decent and then I'm sure will basically be trying to maintain in another decade.
That's an excellent point and very true.

After my first 4 heart stints 17 years ago I hired a personal trainer for 6 months and developed a routine I still follow to a certain degree today.
I do upper body one day with 12 lb weights after my cardio and then legs the next day.
At my age though I have learned I don't recover as fast I used to so taking the third day off has proven beneficial.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:22 PM   #731
Diablo Negro

Quote:

I'm 100% for cardio as well. I both lift and run.

But from most of what I have been reading up on the last several years and some podcast on fitness I like to listen to like Andrew Huberman (who has a ton of great guests on his show), maintaining muscle mass is the most important thing you can do to extend your life.

Combine it with cardio and you will get even more benefit. I think VO2 max might even have been the next key ingredient to longevity.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:30 PM   #732
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
I'm 100% for cardio as well. I both lift and run.

But from most of what I have been reading up on the last several years and some podcast on fitness I like to listen to like Andrew Huberman (who has a ton of great guests on his show), maintaining muscle mass is the most important thing you can do to extend your life.

Combine it with cardio and you will get even more benefit. I think VO2 max might even have been the next key ingredient to longevity.
I’d be surprised if this specifically was the key.

Women live much longer than men on average and they have a lot less muscle mass than we do. I know there are other variables that play a role in life expectancy but still..
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:35 PM   #733
Supporter

The reason for lifting is not to extend lifespan. It's to maintain health and mobility.

They are not the same.
Old Today, 01:37 PM   #734
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

Quote:

Same.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:42 PM   #735
Needs more middle fingers

Sports are the best cardio. Change my mind.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.