Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-02-2022, 08:51 AM  
Supporter

***** All things Fitness *****

2022 getting and staying fit thread!
penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 12:51 PM   #691
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I'm not trying to lose weight as any goal. When I was into bodybuilding the only way I could gain weight is to not eat clean. Drink tons of whey protein. Doesn't really make you feel great.

If I end up losing like 15 to 20 lbs by running it will suck cuz then Ill have to lift again and eat more unhealthy.
Again, if that's your experience then you are doing it wrong.
penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:52 PM   #692
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxSocks View Post
P90X Yoga was terri-shit, however their "Stretch X" video was the bee's knees.

Wish i still had my copy.
I'm sure I still have it around... I can send you a Google Drive link if you want to download it.

I was still using that one just a few years ago and hit on most of them these days from memory (when I actually stretch).
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:12 PM   #693
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I'm sure I still have it around... I can send you a Google Drive link if you want to download it.

I was still using that one just a few years ago and hit on most of them these days from memory (when I actually stretch).
Oh that'd be fantastic. I'd like that for sure.

While i probably wont do the program anymore, at the very least i want Stretch X and Ab Ripper X.

I was probably in the best shape of my life back when i was doing P90X. (I was also in my mid-20's, so i mean....LOL, not fair to current old me).

I think im probably aesthetically better LOOKING today, but that's because ive added some weight and i age like a fine wine. Im just getting sexier the older i get. (Sorry, ladies).

But I did P90X for 6 months straight and goddaamn, my strength to body weight ratio was fantastic. I was doing 1-arm pullups by the end of it, which i can't to today.

For a purely body weight routine, i swear by P90X, it's legit.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:19 PM   #694
Diablo Negro

Quote:
P90X Yoga was terri-shit, however their "Stretch X" video was the bee's knees.

Wish i still had my copy.
That shit was ****ing torture. And Ab Ripper X may as well have been called groin ripper. My groin always got sore as ****.

I bet you can find it on YouTube. (the videos not my groin)
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:29 PM   #695
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:

While i probably wont do the program anymore, at the very least i want Stretch X and Ab Ripper X.

I was probably in the best shape of my life back when i was doing P90X. (I was also in my mid-20's, so i mean....LOL, not fair to current old me).

I think im probably aesthetically better LOOKING today, but that's because ive added some weight and i age like a fine wine. Im just getting sexier the older i get. (Sorry, ladies).

But I did P90X for 6 months straight and goddaamn, my strength to body weight ratio was fantastic. I was doing 1-arm pullups by the end of it, which i can't to today.

It didn't do shit for me except probably cardio (plyo was legit), but there's a lot that goes into saying that.

I didn't have the fundamentals down, such as progressive overload. I ate like shit and didn't get enough sleep. I wasn't nearly consistent enough long enough to see real results.

Buut... I also think it just ****ing hammers muscles that don't need nearly that volume, like doing three hundred curls in one workout when you're probably fine doing like a 5th of the volume. There's also a lot of cheat shit in there (while he tells you don't cheat on form), like "just stand on a chair do 20 pull ups!", that was just pointless for me (far better to progress with bar hangs, negatives, etc, IMO). Six days/week us also extreme if you're a n00b.

I've thought about going back and doing it again now that I have a clue of what I'm doing, even if it's not a full 6 days/weeek.... I do think it's a very comprehensive program, if nothing else, and would be interesting to revisit to see if I could keep up now and overload, and see results in a fairly short time.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:30 PM   #696

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
That shit was ****ing torture. And Ab Ripper X may as well have been called groin ripper. My groin always got sore as ****.

I bet you can find it on YouTube. (the videos not my groin)
"Ab Ripper X, You hate it, but you LOVE IT."...hahaha

I did that shit so much i had practically every Tony Horton moment memorized.

....now that i really think about it, that was good shit. Getting the nostalgies right now....

"Most ab routines would be over right now, but not ours!"
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:33 PM   #697
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
"Ab Ripper X, You hate it, but you LOVE IT."...hahaha

I did that shit so much i had practically every Tony Horton moment memorized.

....now that i really think about it, that was good shit. Getting the nostalgies right now....

"Most ab routines would be over right now, but not ours!"
Oh god, I can hear that.
Old Today, 01:39 PM   #698

Quote:
It didn't do shit for me except probably cardio (plyo was legit), but there's a lot that goes into saying that.

I didn't have the fundamentals down, such as progressive overload. I ate like shit and didn't get enough sleep. I wasn't nearly consistent enough long enough to see real results.

Buut... I also think it just ****ing hammers muscles that don't need nearly that volume, like doing three hundred curls in one workout when you're probably fine doing like a 5th of the volume. There's also a lot of cheat shit in there (while he tells you don't cheat on form), like "just stand on a chair do 20 pull ups!", that was just pointless for me (far better to progress with bar hangs, negatives, etc, IMO). Six days/week us also extreme if you're a n00b.

I've thought about going back and doing it again now that I have a clue of what I'm doing, even if it's not a full 6 days/weeek.... I do think it's a very comprehensive program, if nothing else, and would be interesting to revisit to see if I could keep up now and overload, and see results in a fairly short time.
The amount of push ups and pull ups and all the different variations...that shit helped me a lot. Also helped that when i went to work, i'd be hanging off of everything like a goddamn monkey.

Everytime i'd walk into the shop i'd bang out some pullups on the 4-post lift. I had a pull up bar hanging over the doorway to my office. Made a rule that if i walked by it, i had to jump up and bang a few out.

And yeah, Plyometrics was a ****ing BITCH. God...hated Plyo day...

But yeah that shit had you working out 5 days a week + Stretch day, so 6 days total. Guess i just had more time when i was younger.

Kinda funny you mention coming back to it....a couple of years ago i had found my old P90X DVD's (they were ripped copies) and i popped in Chest & Back.

At this point, i had already transitioned into doing traditional lifts. I was using the bench press frequently, doing barbell squats, deadlifts etc.

So i was thinking, "Pffff, ive been hitting the bench press hard....Im well past this P90X shit....this will be easy"

HA. Nah. Nope. That shit STILL kicked my ass. Aint gonna lie, made me feel kinda bad tbh hahaha.

Last edited by ToxSocks; Today at 01:48 PM..
Old Today, 01:39 PM   #699

Quote:
Oh god, I can hear that.
Pam the Blam!
Old Today, 01:40 PM   #700
Starter

I've struggled to get back into running after a meniscus surgery a bit over a year ago. Surgery fixed the constant knee pain where I lacked much power and had to go up stairs like an old man. However, there's new pain when I run at the top of my knee. I have zero flexibility, especially my hamstrings, which I think might be a large part of the problem.
I've started stretching this past week starting with some beginner videos off youtube. We'll see how it goes. Maybe one of these days I'll even be able to reach my toes.

That being said, is the P90x stretch video good for beginners or would it be near impossible?
myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.
Old Today, 01:40 PM   #701
Veteran

Quote:
Thanks, will check it out. I noticed that, too, years ago... my balance improved quite a bit with the yoga routine.
Another nice way to get some balance exercises is while brushing your teeth. The folks at the Mayo Clinic recommend doing heel-toe raises (https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/d...ing-your-teeth )

Instead of heel-toe raises, I just try to balance on one leg for as long as I can, either with the other leg lifted or the other leg in "tree position" (bent with the foot placed on the standing leg).
DanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old Today, 01:49 PM   #702
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by myselff77 View Post

That being said, is the P90x stretch video good for beginners or would it be near impossible?
From what I remember, I want to guess at least ~75% of it would be beginner friendly... I remember a spine stretch that's a little awkward to get into and a frog stretch for your groin that's a bit much.... but a lot of it is pretty basic.
Old Today, 02:01 PM   #703

Quote:

Nah, it's straight forward and there isn't a lot of gymnast shenanigans in there.

IIRC, there were a couple of floor stretches that were awkward, but just skip those if you aren't feeling it. It's a 45 min stretch routine, so you'll get plenty of work in even if you skip ones that you aren't feeling.

When it comes to stretching i think most people don't push their bodies deep enough into the stretch to get a real quality stretch.

I did Yoga for two years in HS (weird, i know, but it was a thing) and my yoga instructor taught me a valuable lesson: That the body can actually stretch further than the limit you seem to think exists.

It's kinda like lifting heavy, right? You'll see a lot of people at the gym who seem to lift UNTIL it becomes challenging, rather than pushing to failure. They don't challenge the body, but rather they stop as soon as they feel the muscle start to get challenged.

Stretching is kinda the same way.

I remember being in class, doing some...whatever Yoga pose, thinking, "Oh yeah, im at the limit. I can't go further. This hurts..."

And then my instructor would come by, grab me and contort me more...i'd be like, "Ok, didn't know my arm and leg can do that...."
Old Today, 02:56 PM   #704
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:

Quote:

I saw some Youtube videos of watching people do x-stretch, but didn't see the original video. If you want it from the source....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tND...ew?usp=sharing

And Ab Ripper X
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fMX...ew?usp=sharing

(probably goes without saying, but download it because I'm always brushing up on the Drive data cap and will probably delete it in a day or two)
Old Today, 02:59 PM   #705

Quote:
I saw some Youtube videos of watching people do x-stretch, but didn't see the original video. If you want it from the source....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tND...ew?usp=sharing

And Ab Ripper X
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fMX...ew?usp=sharing

(probably goes without saying, but download it because I'm always brushing up on the Drive data cap and will probably delete it in a day or two)
Gottem, thanks.

And hey, what's that weird tentacle porn shit you have in there? And i see you found the video of the chick that got busted doing sex acts with a trout. Niiiiiice.