Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-10-2024, 08:23 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Hollywood Brown injury update

Story from the 2019 Tyreek injury: https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/...nt-dislocation

Last edited by Dante84; 08-13-2024 at 02:12 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:53 PM   #301
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger View Post
Ran a great route to open up space for the Worthy TD. So the narrative that "he doesn't know the playbook" is way over the top imo.
What I said has nothing to do with "not knowing the playbook" it has to do with field awareness and the proper way to run a route.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:01 PM   #302
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxSocks View Post
He ran a simple drag route and Mahomes looked off the S to get him to bite down and open up Worthy. The announcers even explained it during the game.
Well firstly it was Wentz who threw the ball and secondly he had three guys around him so let's give the guy some credit on how he sold the route fgs
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old Today, 01:02 PM   #303
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
What I said has nothing to do with "not knowing the playbook" it has to do with field awareness and the proper way to run a route.
And he showed that for the Worthy TD
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old Today, 01:52 PM   #304
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
Kind of disagree. If he can go week one let him go. It's not a hammy that's going to re pull. It's a dislocation. If its good it should be as good as its probably going to get. Running down the field isn't going to make it just pop out again.
It'll be a range of motion issue, IMO.

In all probability, they'll have it isolated for a couple weeks and kept stationary. That sort of thing always creates a bit of a 'locked up' effect within the joint. And yeah, they'll work the shit out of that to get it freed back up but there's still a pretty good chance that he'll deal with stiffness, etc... that just keeps that arm from working like he expects it to.

If your hands are just a little slower coming up than you anticipate, that's gonna lead to drops and interceptions, etc...

If he's not at full go, don't send him out there.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:08 PM   #305
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
It'll be a range of motion issue, IMO.

In all probability, they'll have it isolated for a couple weeks and kept stationary. That sort of thing always creates a bit of a 'locked up' effect within the joint. And yeah, they'll work the shit out of that to get it freed back up but there's still a pretty good chance that he'll deal with stiffness, etc... that just keeps that arm from working like he expects it to.

If your hands are just a little slower coming up than you anticipate, that's gonna lead to drops and interceptions, etc...

If he's not at full go, don't send him out there.
Right I get that, but if he's good like he is good to go. You don't give it another week just because. It's not an injury that's going to just re occur like a hammy or something that lingers. If its healed and he's done his rehab there's no point in saying **** it give him till October 1 or whatever.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.
Old Today, 03:09 PM   #306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
Right I get that, but if he's good like he is good to go. You don't give it another week just because. It's not an injury that's going to just re occur like a hammy or something that lingers. If its healed and he's done his rehab there's no point in saying **** it give him till October 1 or whatever.
Oh sure.

I just don't see that as terribly likely. Even on the short side of that kind of injury, you're looking at 2-3 weeks until healed and another 2-3 until you get full range of motion back, IMO.

I just don't think it's terribly likely at all. Remember that for a dislocation to happen, SOMETHING has to fail. Either a bone has to break or ligaments have to stretch something awful.

The idea that it just popped out and you can pop it back in and take some Advil for the discomfort defies basic human biology.

Shit doesn't pop out of joint without something being taxed beyond a breaking point. I suspect he has a shitload of really stretched out stuff going on in his chest/neck/shoulder area to have allowed the amount of laxity necessary for that kind of dislocation.

So it's gonna be immobilized for long enough for all that stuff to calm down. And really, no amount of medical care can speed that along - ligaments heal on their own timeline. If you're going to avoid risk of re-injury, they have to be ALL the way healed and the fastest way to do that is keeping it stationary. Which will likely freeze something up.

The idea that there's no additional risk of re-injury with a dislocation ignores the associated sprains/strains that were necessary to pop that sucker out of there. Yeah, there's a risk of re-injury if he's not back to 100%. And WRs get landed on a lot so you've gotta make sure that's completely sound.

I just think we're being way way WAY too optimistic with the idea of a 3-4 week timeline. 4 seems wildly optimistic to me, to be honest.

But we shall see...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:12 PM   #307
Suupraa Geniuuusss

My gut says Brown's injury isn't as bad as Tyreek's was, so Brown could be back in 4-5 weeks, not six. Not that it matters, but I'm kind of making a bet with myself on how it turns out.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:22 PM   #308

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
My gut says Brown's injury isn't as bad as Tyreek's was, so Brown could be back in 4-5 weeks, not six. Not that it matters, but I'm kind of making a bet with myself on how it turns out.
I just think it's going to be really specific to the individual and no particular timeline is all that relevant.

I can't imagine there not being some ligament damage in there and there's just no real knowing how fast any individual will heal from those.

As for 'severity' - even that's really difficult to know from the description of the injury. For example, the gnarliest dislocation I've had (I've had two) was actually far better than it could've been BECAUSE my leg broke in the process. The broken fibula actually flipped open the joint and allowed the foot to slip out the front without completely wrecking the ligaments in the process or busting off the ends of the bones that held everything in place.

Had the fibula not broken, that would've stayed 'tight' and judging by the amount of damage it did anyway, it would've just shredded everything down there and caused all kinds of little sesamoid fractures that are a monumental pain in the ass.

So even hearing something like "dislocation with broken leg" doesn't mean it's worse than "dislocation and High ankle sprain" because the latter could very easily do FAR more long-term damage.

We just can't know, fellas. It's a crapshoot.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:29 PM   #309
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I just think it's going to be really specific to the individual and no particular timeline is all that relevant.

I can't imagine there not being some ligament damage in there and there's just no real knowing how fast any individual will heal from those.

As for 'severity' - even that's really difficult to know from the description of the injury. For example, the gnarliest dislocation I've had (I've had two) was actually far better than it could've been BECAUSE my leg broke in the process. The broken fibula actually flipped open the joint and allowed the foot to slip out the front without completely wrecking the ligaments in the process or busting off the ends of the bones that held everything in place.

Had the fibula not broken, that would've stayed 'tight' and judging by the amount of damage it did anyway, it would've just shredded everything down there and caused all kinds of little sesamoid fractures that are a monumental pain in the ass.

So even hearing something like "dislocation with broken leg" doesn't mean it's worse than "dislocation and High ankle sprain" because the latter could very easily do FAR more long-term damage.

We just can't know, fellas. It's a crapshoot.

Yeah, I get it. Like I said, it's just a gut feeling. I know Brown is pretty tough, and it just didn't seem like as violent as Tyreek's incident. We'll see how it plays out.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:31 PM   #310
MVP

I think it's pretty likely at this point he misses Week 1 and 2, but I'm looking at it as a positive. Ravens and Bengals to start. Neither are gonna see what this offense can fully do in the first 2 weeks w/o Brown in there and likely we see at least one of these teams in January. I have full confidence in the Chiefs ability to win on the road at either place so I'm not worried as much about the h2h matchup now and thinking more about the matchup potentially down the road and I'm thinking that gives us a schematic advantage going into the playoff rematch (assuming it happens).
TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:51 PM   #311
Special Teams ACE!!!

Looking at last year's offense in the playoffs and what we've seen in preseason, it's pretty obvious to me who the #1 receiver is. It's Rice. I'd be concerned if we lost him for an amount of time (which we presumably will in 2025) but as of right now we're in the clear.

Yes, I know Hollywood is great, and we just don't quite know how REALLY explosive we can be with him out there, but until then? We're in pretty darn good shape. Worthy looks awesome, our TEs are cooking, Pacheco has steadily become a better and better receiver out of the backfield, and after that you've got whatever rando Watson/Hardman guy to chip in a few catches.

My concern level is pretty low.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote