Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-12-2014, 04:26 PM  
Time For Your Wake Up Call !!!

Broncos news megathread

Discussion: All things Broncos.

Last edited by ROYC75; 01-11-2017 at 02:02 PM.. Reason: Change Title, Please?
ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old Today, 02:32 PM   #74641
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
There's absolutely nothing remotely crazy about breaking down plays on Twitter you ****ing buffoon.

The truth is that you can't say how he's wrong, so you're just going with "unhinged".
Well, given that the goal is to advance the ball, it is a bit off base to criticize completions. I could put together a bunch of clips of Mahomes throwing side-arm and talk about how jacked up the throwing mechanics are, but that would be pretty silly considering that he usually accomplishes his goal of advancing the ball.

More generally, anyone who watched that game, and compared it with Wilson's performance last year, should notice that Nix tends to climb the pocket, rather than bailing out like Wilson did. That's a good thing. And I think the criticism in those tweets that Nix a few times climbed into pressure overlooks the general point that his technique and instincts are better than Wilson or other recent Denver QBs.

But as you know, my point was generally that it's a bit crazy to nitpick the performance to that extent.
manchambo has disabled reputation
Old Today, 02:37 PM   #74642
In Search of a Life

Justin Simmons to Falcons. 1 year 8 million
chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.chiefs1111 would the whole thing.
Old Today, 02:37 PM   #74643
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchambo View Post
Well, given that the goal is to advance the ball, it is a bit off base to criticize completions. I could put together a bunch of clips of Mahomes throwing side-arm and talk about how jacked up the throwing mechanics are, but that would be pretty silly considering that he usually accomplishes his goal of advancing the ball.

More generally, anyone who watched that game, and compared it with Wilson's performance last year, should notice that Nix tends to climb the pocket, rather than bailing out like Wilson did. That's a good thing. And I think the criticism in those tweets that Nix a few times climbed into pressure overlooks the general point that his technique and instincts are better than Wilson or other recent Denver QBs.

But as you know, my point was generally that it's a bit crazy to nitpick the performance to that extent.
This all boils down to "he said mean things about my rookie QB and that hurt my feels".
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:39 PM   #74644
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Order View Post
Off the top of my head:

A. No Simmons. He was your second best defensive player. We saw what your defense was without Simmons last year. It was the worst in football. The Dolphins scored 70 pts on Denver.

B. You're starting a rookie at the most important position in football. Russell actually wasnt bad last year. Nix ain't going 26/8.

Downgrade at safety. Downgrade at QB. Downgrade at WR.

You're going to lose more than 9 games.
I didn't realize that you were such a Jeudy fan. If you aren't aware that Patrick is at least as good, you soon will be.

Simmons is a loss. But have you noticed that he still has not been signed. [I have to edit this because he just signed with Atlanta but the point stands--he sat unclaimed for a very long time, which suggests that no one in the NFL believed he was a critical piece.]

As for QB, I really don't know how you live with yourself saying that, in comparison to what you said last year. He was not good. His stats were middling and he played worse than the stats. He gave up way too many sacks that were his fault, and he lost his nerve and bailed out of the pocket incredibly often. At least one of the QBs on the roster can give what he gave last year.

Denver took one of the worst dead money hits in history to get rid of Wilson. I haven't heard commentators saying that was crazy. But you're here saying "yeah he was pretty good."

Last edited by manchambo; Today at 02:46 PM..
Old Today, 02:42 PM   #74645
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Why? It's kind of unhinged to post videos of a bunch of completions from a preseason game, and a throw that drew a PI, with separate, in depth criticisms of each completion.

That doesn't mean Nix is a great quarterback. He had a pretty good game for his first pro game and tweeting critical videos of each individual throw, including completions, smacks of an agenda.
You being back here smaks of an agenda. Post counts don't lie.
TEX has disabled reputation
Old Today, 02:43 PM   #74646
Veteran

Quote:
This all boils down to "he said mean things about my rookie QB and that hurt my feels".
No. I haven't said and don't think anything other than that Nix had a pretty decent game. And by and large I rely more on things like completion percentage and scoring drives than minute criticism of technique. That's what I rely on because the goal for any QB is to score points.

I don't see how you could look at the stats from that game and say something other than pretty good. Not great but not bad.
Old Today, 02:45 PM   #74647
In Search of a Life

Quote:
No. I haven't said and don't think anything other than that Nix had a pretty decent game. And by and large I rely more on things like completion percentage and scoring drives than minute criticism of technique. That's what I rely on because the goal for any QB is to score points.

I don't see how you could look at the stats from that game and say something other than pretty good. Not great but not bad.
Because stats mean absolutely nothing without context, especially with a small sample size of a preseason game. He provided some context, and that hurt your feels.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:46 PM   #74648
Choco Favre

Quote:
I didn't realize that you were such a Jeudy fan. If you aren't aware that Patrick is at least as good, you soon will be.

Simmons is a loss. But have you noticed that he still has not been signed. Literally no one in the NFL believes he is a key piece to any defense, as you seem to believe.

As for QB, I really don't know how you live with yourself saying that, in comparison to what you said last year. He was not good. His stats were middling and he played worse than the stats. He gave up way too many sacks that were his fault, and he lost his nerve and bailed out of the pocket incredibly often. At least one of the QBs on the roster can give what he gave last year.

Denver took one of the worst dead money hits in history to get rid of Wilson. I haven't heard commentators saying that was crazy. But you're here saying "yeah he was pretty good."
Just the drop at QB is going to make you guys much worse. This year's Nix and last year's Russell probably won't be comparable.

I'll bump this post in a couple of months.
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:52 PM   #74649
Bolton gonna knock you out

Quote:
Not really. I would prefer for you to answer the question: what changed from last year to lead you to the conclusion that Denver will be substantially worse than last year?
Rookie quarterback to start with. Paired with no weapons, and a bottom 5 roster. You weeent as good as your record last season. You had those fluke wins in the middle of the season. Bet that kind of ****ery doesn’t happen twice in 2 years.
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:58 PM   #74650
Veteran

Quote:
Because stats mean absolutely nothing without context, especially with a small sample size of a preseason game. He provided some context, and that hurt your feels.
He scored on 4/5 drives, with the non-scoring drive due to a receiver fumbling. I'm not talking about his QBR, but the actual results. He threw the ball, receivers caught it, and they got first downs and scored points. That's the entire goal.

He was pretty good. I don't know if you watched the game, but is your conclusion that he actually was bad because some guy I've never heard of tweeted breakdowns of his play in which he claims Nix could have thrown completions in some better fashion?

I can't find any professional analysis that says he wasn't at least "pretty good." For example, if you want to look at some more tweets:
https://sports.yahoo.com/twitter-rea...210030441.html
Old Today, 03:00 PM   #74651
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Not really. I would prefer for you to answer the question: what changed from last year to lead you to the conclusion that Denver will be substantially worse than last year?
Russ actually played well statistically. Justin Simmons gone. Jerry Jeudy gone. Lloyd Cushenberry gone. Lost Jewell and Sanders got injured.

I think they win 6 games btw
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:01 PM   #74652
In Search of a Life

Quote:
He scored on 4/5 drives, with the non-scoring drive due to a receiver fumbling. I'm not talking about his QBR, but the actual results. He threw the ball, receivers caught it, and they got first downs and scored points. That's the entire goal.

He was pretty good. I don't know if you watched the game, but is your conclusion that he actually was bad because some guy I've never heard of tweeted breakdowns of his play in which he claims Nix could have thrown completions in some better fashion?

I can't find any professional analysis that says he wasn't at least "pretty good." For example, if you want to look at some more tweets:
https://sports.yahoo.com/twitter-rea...210030441.html

We're celebrating mostly FG drives in the preseason now?

He had one boring TD and should've had a pick. It was an average game, and absolutely overrated due to box score scouting.
Old Today, 03:04 PM   #74653
Bolton gonna knock you out

Quote:

A PRESEASON game with as vanilla defense, against some guys who won’t be in the league in 4 weeks. Keep getting your hopes up. Will just make the meltdown that much more entertaining.
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:05 PM   #74654
The man you could post like.

Tim Patrick.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:09 PM
Coochie liquor
This message has been deleted by Coochie liquor.
Old Today, 03:35 PM   #74655
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch View Post
Tim Patrick.
Tim Brokedickrick
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.