Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-04-2024, 01:54 PM  
On Hiatus

Retirement Thread

After the positive responses and congratulations on my Retirement thread, the idea came to me that there should be a thread that helps everyone prepare for the eventuality of retirement.

There were many great ideas, comments and great suggestions that came out of the conversation. What I would like to do is put this here as a repository for information for anyone who is:
  • Ready to retire
  • Close to retirement
  • Beginning to plan for retirement

One of the things I came to find out is that no matter how much I had thought I was prepared for retirement, there were still things I had not pondered or prepared for.

So this thread is for all your questions, comments, advice to help others that are close to retirement.

I mean....this board is about a year and a half away from being around for a quarter of a century, and many of us who have been around are there already.

So, please feel free to contribute!
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 08:40 AM   #181
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
I'm not retired, but I am teaching an Operations Management class at night at one of the local universities. As I slowly inch my way towards retiring, I find the idea of teaching a couple of classes after retiring more appealing. I get to talk about subjects I'm a so called "expert" in and share some of my experiences. It doesn't really seem like work.
100% Rep...

When the "work" is your passion and done on your schedule, life is good and it's not really work.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:20 AM   #182
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
To get this thread back on talking about retirement.....

Any one of you guys that are retired starting to find that you are just as busy as you were while working, but that what you are doing are things you enjoy?

Since I retired I have gotten several offers to do part time consulting, and even had a couple of offers to come out of retirement to get some smaller companies headed in the right direction in regards to my expertise.

Most of my time is taken with my part time Picker job, buying and reselling things I find at garage sales, estate sales, and even things people leave at the street side on trash day. That and my volunteer opportunities have me busy almost every....but I still find my mornings looking at ChiefsPlanet.

What say you fellow retirees?
As a n00b in retirement, I've not found my footing yet. I thought when I retired I could take the time to expand Arrowhead Kingdom internationally but my memory issues isn't going to allow that to happen.

I'll probably end up volunteering for a charity.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:25 AM   #183
Prestige Worldwide

Nick Foles?
Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:27 AM   #184
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
10000000% I still teach scuba and lead trips (for scuba), but it's hardly work, it's amazingly fun.
That is kind of the way that I feel...in doing my consulting jobs I can outline what needs to be done...work with the VP's and Senior Managers and show them how to reinvent their teams.

It's what I have loved doing all my life...just without all the company politics that came with working a regular job.
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:28 AM   #185
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
I'm not retired, but I am teaching an Operations Management class at night at one of the local universities. As I slowly inch my way towards retiring, I find the idea of teaching a couple of classes after retiring more appealing. I get to talk about subjects I'm a so called "expert" in and share some of my experiences. It doesn't really seem like work.
Exactly.....when you do things on your time and without all the headaches of corporate drudgery, it is so much better.
Old Today, 11:29 AM   #186
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
As a n00b in retirement, I've not found my footing yet. I thought when I retired I could take the time to expand Arrowhead Kingdom internationally but my memory issues isn't going to allow that to happen.

I'll probably end up volunteering for a charity.
The difference is....you have created something that will be your legacy even after you are gone...your work is through and now you should just let the next generation handle this for you.

Working for charities is so rewarding....
Old Today, 12:10 PM   #187
THE RED MENACE

Semi-retired now. I have been getting my son what he needs to be on top of the jiu-jitsu world which is a full time job all by itself. He's finally getting old enough to start doing a lot of this on his own so that's going to free up time. I sold my business which gives me income for awhile so I haven't been stressing. I'm going to get my Real Estate License this year and buy property, build and sell to create two incomes. I have a lot to learn in the near future. I need to have something rolling and want to get this business started for my son so he can walk right into Real Estate when he turns 18. That's the plan anyway. I'm pretty excited about it all.
BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.