Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Today, 07:37 AM  
It was not a fair catch

GFI keeps tripping

My GFI on my utility room is lit up and when I press reset, it trips again.

I have unplugged everything I think is plugged into it. Still trips. Rest of house is ok.

Bad GFI? Or real issue?
8 years old.

Can I replace it myself or call an electrician?

Had to plug sump and modem into other rooms. No biggie.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:51 AM   #31
Fight, build, win!

Those GFI outlets do have a shelf life. My guess is it reached the end of life.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:09 AM   #32
Here We Go Again

Flip the circuit breaker for that area, swap in a new GFI and see if you still have the problem when you turn the circuit back on.

If you do, call an electrician.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old Today, 11:53 AM   #33
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtCobain View Post
Burn the house down.
Call Frazod to burn the house down for you. FYP
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:54 AM   #34
It was not a fair catch

OK, all good now.

Weird, but, I turned on a light in the kitchen and it did not turn on. Totally different circuit and place in the house. A different outdoor plug , on the back of the house, did not have power.

Got out my plug tester and nothing on the new porch-other side of the house, had power.

Unplug everything there-small fridge, tv, speaker. Hit the GFI again, and it does not trip.
No circuits ever tripped.

Had to be water in a connection in the screened in porch. So I will be getting a better waterproof cover for that plug in the porch. Everything is drying out.

But, it is like we have a GFI that can trip if something else does not. It has tripped other times in the house, but usually when the electricity has a surge or a quick off/on.

Thanks for your help. At least I do not have to call an electrician.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:06 PM   #35
MVP

Last week I had a power cord running out to my driveway to trickle charge a boat battery overnight. I went out the next morning and the battery was charged. Disconnected the charger from the battery and then disconnected the charger from the extension cord. Walked back to the garage and began coiling the extension cord in place. The cord got hung up a bit on some river rock I have near a planter bed and I tugged it a little and suddenly it looked like my river rocks were on fire. I quickly disconnected the cord from the wall in my garage and found that the wires inside the plug touched when I tugged on it melting the female head. Ive always respected electricity but I just got a hair raising reminder to pay closer attention to things.
jdubya threw an interception on a screen pass.jdubya threw an interception on a screen pass.jdubya threw an interception on a screen pass.jdubya threw an interception on a screen pass.jdubya threw an interception on a screen pass.jdubya threw an interception on a screen pass.jdubya threw an interception on a screen pass.jdubya threw an interception on a screen pass.jdubya threw an interception on a screen pass.jdubya threw an interception on a screen pass.jdubya threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 12:46 PM   #36
King Shit of **** Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
OK, all good now.

Weird, but, I turned on a light in the kitchen and it did not turn on. Totally different circuit and place in the house. A different outdoor plug , on the back of the house, did not have power.

Got out my plug tester and nothing on the new porch-other side of the house, had power.

Unplug everything there-small fridge, tv, speaker. Hit the GFI again, and it does not trip.
No circuits ever tripped.

Had to be water in a connection in the screened in porch. So I will be getting a better waterproof cover for that plug in the porch. Everything is drying out.

But, it is like we have a GFI that can trip if something else does not. It has tripped other times in the house, but usually when the electricity has a surge or a quick off/on.

Thanks for your help. At least I do not have to call an electrician.
I think someone explained to me that all of my GFIs are connected to each other, even across circuits. I suck at electricity because of a bad childhood experience and mostly try to avoid it.
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.