Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-13-2024, 04:37 PM  
sorta mod-ish

Deadpool & Wolverine

Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 09:49 PM   #151
sorta mod-ish

Haha

Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:53 AM   #152
Buddy Christ is a Chiefs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
They did put it in the theatrical release. It was the last scene in the end credits
I always sit through the credits and don't remember this in the theaters. I also just watched my copy of the movie that I have and it isn't there. I sat through 10 minutes of credits just to confirm there is no scene with Deadpool killing a Hitler baby. I am thinking you saw this is some sort of directors cut or something.

Edit...
And there it is... it was cut from the theatrical release as it didn't sit well with the test audience. They put it in the Blu-ray release. I knew I didn't remember it being there.

https://screenrant.com/deadpool-2-po...Adolf%20Hitler.

Last edited by BigRichard; Today at 05:54 AM..
BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old Today, 08:34 AM   #153
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Man - critics that are panning this movie....uh...what were you expecting?

This was EXACTLY what I'd have expected from this movie. And no, it's not easy access to understand everything that's going on. There is a clear barrier to entry that spans decades and gets really meta.

There are a dozen references that go back to the mid/late 90s and fights on set (Reynolds and Snipes didn't get along in Trinity, for instance). But it's a Deadpool movie! That's the point!

I loved it. My wife, who isn't a comic book kid and didn't even know who Gambit is, liked the movie (because she's seen the Deadpool movies and the newer X-Men movies). But c'mon - this was exactly the sort of goofy, grinning at the camera, self-aware gore-fest shit you'd expect from the Ryan Reynolds Deadpool universe.

And Hugh Jackman friggen killed it. Cassandra Nova seemed like she was in the wrong movie but Jackman hit a perfect balance of serious and cheesy.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:30 AM   #154
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

This was EXACTLY what I'd have expected from this movie. And no, it's not easy access to understand everything that's going on. There is a clear barrier to entry that spans decades and gets really meta.

There are a dozen references that go back to the mid/late 90s and fights on set (Reynolds and Snipes didn't get along in Trinity, for instance). But it's a Deadpool movie! That's the point!

I loved it. My wife, who isn't a comic book kid and didn't even know who Gambit is, liked the movie (because she's seen the Deadpool movies and the newer X-Men movies). But c'mon - this was exactly the sort of goofy, grinning at the camera, self-aware gore-fest shit you'd expect from the Ryan Reynolds Deadpool universe.

And Hugh Jackman friggen killed it. Cassandra Nova seemed like she was in the wrong movie but Jackman hit a perfect balance of serious and cheesy.
Yeah i don't get it either. It was everything it was ever meant to be. My wife said she laughed more in the first two movies. Which....thinking back on it, ok...sure, fine. Maybe they were a little funnier.

But where this movie fell short on humor (in comparison to the first two, because it was certainly not short on humor) it made up for in gorish violence and fan service.

I grew up a Gambit fan boy when it came to the X-Men universe. So of course i was freakin' excited about that. And they freakin' nailed the character too.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:39 AM   #155
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxSocks View Post
Yeah i don't get it either. It was everything it was ever meant to be. My wife said she laughed more in the first two movies. Which....thinking back on it, ok...sure, fine. Maybe they were a little funnier.

But where this movie fell short on humor (in comparison to the first two, because it was certainly not short on humor) it made up for in gorish violence and fan service.

I grew up a Gambit fan boy when it came to the X-Men universe. So of course i was freakin' excited about that. And they freakin' nailed the character too.
I friggen loved Gambit growing up.

I had to explain to my wife that Gambit can essentially charge anything and the deck of cards is essentially a magazine that he carries because he can aim them well and they're compact.

I do think that Channing Tatum is a little too bulky for the character, though (and yeah, I know the story behind him in the role; I just don't think he's right for it).

I thought they could've done more with the character. Gambit can do some cool shit; the comics really explore the space with that character really well. Whereas the movie just had him whipping playing cards.

I thought it was better than Deadpool 2, though I may have to watch that one again. I've only seen it once and remember thinking it fell well short of the first one. I was a little disappointed by it - not by this.

This was exactly what I was wanting from this movie. It did was Deadpool always does and belabors the point a bit -- every joke/bit is a couple beats too long. But again, what the hell did you expect?
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:45 AM   #156
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
To be fair, it's got a 79% critic score on Rotten Tomatoes, so it's not like that's the prevailing opinion even from critics.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:47 PM   #157
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRichard View Post
I always sit through the credits and don't remember this in the theaters. I also just watched my copy of the movie that I have and it isn't there. I sat through 10 minutes of credits just to confirm there is no scene with Deadpool killing a Hitler baby. I am thinking you saw this is some sort of directors cut or something.

Edit...
And there it is... it was cut from the theatrical release as it didn't sit well with the test audience. They put it in the Blu-ray release. I knew I didn't remember it being there.

https://screenrant.com/deadpool-2-po...Adolf%20Hitler.
It was there during the premiere, him in the paternity ward debating if he should kill baby Hitler then finally picking up Baby Hitler then goes off-screen
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.