Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 11:38 AM  
Snacks Are Under My Apron

School Shopping Extravaganza and Bitch Session

So, another year of Back to School bullshit is upon us. This thread is for any steals, deals and bullshit you need to bitch about.

I have a 16yr that’s going into his Junior year. He worked his ass off this summer with the oil well service outfit. Little shits sitting on a small fortune for a kid. He’s a miser and won’t buy shit. So, 5 pairs of Ariat Jeans, $650 pair of Tecova boots, $175 Nike Vapor football cleats and we’re just getting started I think. I am balking on the $200 Sitka backpack he wants, he can buy that shit. Any of you sick of the Back to School season and just wish they’d get their ass back to school?

Wish school was year round with exceptions for fishing and hunting days, ****…
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:32 AM   #76
Forever Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
What is up with the OP? Another brag? Who spends that kind of money on their kid?

Well, ok, you're rich. Congratulations.

When I was a kid, I got Kmart clothes and my mom worked at the Payless warehouse so I got Pro Wings for shoes. Not that I'm proud but I feel that I probably learned a lot more growing up poor than these kids that have rich parents buying them everything.

Given how much credit card debt the average American carries I’m certainly not determining someone’s wealth based on their spending habits.
mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:39 AM   #77
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
I think the M-TH school days are stupid. Our son's school was looking at going to a 4 day school week and I went to the school board meeting and asked the board what they think that means for families that have both parents who work Monday through Friday jobs. Kids don't need a 3 day weekend. It's not like they are working some ****ing 60 hour a week job they need a long weekend to recover from.
Several schools here went to 4 days. After an adjustment period it's become quite popular in those districts. I don't think the decisions to drop a day had anything to do with the kids needing another day off though.

I'm not sure I'd want the hordes of heathens free roaming the streets an extra day if I lived somewhere like Chicago or St. Louis though. **** that.
ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old Today, 09:43 AM   #78
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
I have not ever really looked into it. Either you have to extend the school day or extend the school year to get in the required state hours.

I will agree that the 4 day sucks for parents that both work. Not sure how some do it.

To me, it saves money on buses and utilities, but not really teacher labor costs. Which are the highest costs of a school.
I question how much it saves on utilities. The HVAC systems are still going to run on Fridays and water is cheap. You might save a little money if you shut all the lights off. I don't know how much money you save on busses as the busses are either bought outright or leased and that costs doesn't change. You do save a little money on fuel.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:45 AM   #79
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghak99 View Post
Several schools here went to 4 days. After an adjustment period it's become quite popular in those districts. I don't think the decisions to drop a day had anything to do with the kids needing another day off though.

I'm not sure I'd want the hordes of heathens free roaming the streets an extra day if I lived somewhere like Chicago or St. Louis though. **** that.
Then what is the advantage? More time off for teachers? FFS, they already get 3 months in the summer off if they choose.

As stupid as a lot of kids are getting, they need to have their asses in school as much as possible.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:40 AM   #80
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
I question how much it saves on utilities. The HVAC systems are still going to run on Fridays and water is cheap. You might save a little money if you shut all the lights off. I don't know how much money you save on busses as the busses are either bought outright or leased and that costs doesn't change. You do save a little money on fuel.
about 10 years ago, we had to make up a day (large public school) it cost about 1 million to run busses, pay drivers, custodians and EA's.

I am not agreeing or disagreeing with anything.

I do get mad when schools think they save money by shutting off AC/heat overnight. Last school-would run a chiller from 7:40-2:30.
It would take SO LONG to cool off the building the next day, and just when it gets comfortable, off goes the AC. I dont see how it saves money, when it is running full blast all of the other times.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:43 AM   #81
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
about 10 years ago, we had to make up a day (large public school) it cost about 1 million to run busses, pay drivers, custodians and EA's.
There is absolutely no way that data is accurate. I'm sure that is what the school reported out, but unless you are running 2,000 busses and paying 5,000 custodians and teachers there is no way that math is mathing.
Old Today, 10:56 AM   #82
MVP

Quote:
Then what is the advantage? More time off for teachers? FFS, they already get 3 months in the summer off if they choose.

As stupid as a lot of kids are getting, they need to have their asses in school as much as possible.
It was 100% a financial decision. I don't know the actual numbers, but I remember their winter costs savings were a really big deal. They are also small schools, so maybe that plays a part.

The larger, and much better funded, district they all neighbor has no interest in going to 4 days. They did have a board meeting to make sure it wasn't something they should consider and the cost of running busses in the winter was the only point that jumped out at everyone.
ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old Today, 11:14 AM   #83
It was not a fair catch

Quote:

I barely functioned the first month of summer recovery this year.
But my list of crap to do that I put off until summer is going pretty well.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:22 AM   #84

Quote:
I think the M-TH school days are stupid. Our son's school was looking at going to a 4 day school week and I went to the school board meeting and asked the board what they think that means for families that have both parents who work Monday through Friday jobs. Kids don't need a 3 day weekend. It's not like they are working some ****ing 60 hour a week job they need a long weekend to recover from.
His school is mostly rural. I think they save a shit load by only running busses 4 days instead of 5
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:29 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
What is up with the OP? Another brag? Who spends that kind of money on their kid?

Well, ok, you're rich. Congratulations.

When I was a kid, I got Kmart clothes and my mom worked at the Payless warehouse so I got Pro Wings for shoes. Not that I'm proud but I feel that I probably learned a lot more growing up poor than these kids that have rich parents buying them everything.
Not really, it’s more about the cost of shit now. Plus the fact that now instead of just getting shit to go, it’s the age to start dressing to look nice for girls. Maybe that’s the shit that’s changed. Last year it was $25 Nike shirts and shorts. This year it’s $60-80 button downs and other shit. Just growing up and changing his style.
Old Today, 12:25 PM   #86
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebag View Post
Not really, it’s more about the cost of shit now. Plus the fact that now instead of just getting shit to go, it’s the age to start dressing to look nice for girls. Maybe that’s the shit that’s changed. Last year it was $25 Nike shirts and shorts. This year it’s $60-80 button downs and other shit. Just growing up and changing his style.
I get it and and if you have the money I understand you wanting your 16 year old to be drowning in pussy, but what I think most here are saying is that if you are choosing to buy your kid the more expensive items when you don't necessarily have to, then you really shouldn't be bitching about it.

I do OK for myself financially so I understand wanting your kid to have nice things so don't take this post as me saying you're stupid for buying your son whatever you choose. Just don't expect some of the others on here who maybe don't have that type of financial stability to understand it.