Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 06:57 AM  
Supporter

7/26/24 Daily Training Camp Thread

Back to work today.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM   #136
MVP

Imagine being smack dab in the middle of the greatest run this franchise - possibly any franchise - has ever had and being "nervous" about rookie LT after his first training camp practice in pads. Some people in here will turn over every rock and look in every crevice to find something to fret about.
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM   #137
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks View Post
Imagine being smack dab in the middle of the greatest run this franchise - possibly any franchise - has ever had and being "nervous" about rookie LT after his first training camp practice in pads. Some people in here will turn over every rock and look in every crevice to find something to fret about.

And Reid and Mahomes were content with the LT play today. But what do they know?
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old Yesterday, 09:08 PM   #138
[b]Supporter[/b]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks View Post
I agree. I also know there’s been a common thread on this forum over the offseason that LT is the team’s main weakness. It’s what folks have been concerned about for a while and for good reason - we’ve got unknowns out there. Pair that concern with the piles of shit rotating through LG in Thuney’s absence and there’s a perfectly reasonable anxiety for some fans.
Delano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:11 PM   #139
Special Teams ACE!!!

So for people who want the vet in there Week 1:

When do the stopgap tackles stop? At what point do you take the diapers off and let your own players develop into starters?

It's gotta happen at some point. And yes, I know... the 3peat, the 3peat... yadda yadda yadda

If there is a slight upgrade at the left tackle spot over what we currently have but it involves spending money and delaying the development of the young guys, I'm against bringing in the stopgap. Yes, that includes this year. It's one thing to push your chips in the middle for a season to retain talent or add new talent. It's quite another to do it for Donovan freaking Smith and his bad back.

Mahomes has played just as many seasons/games with a crashpost at LT than he has with a competent and good LT (Fisher). He'll be fine. Again, it's not like the upgrade is Jordan Black to Willie Roaf. It's minute. And that's IF there's an upgrade at all.

In the meantime, how about we just let the young guys do their thing during this preseason and quit grimacing and moaning every time we see a clip of what looks like a bad rep? Yeah? I think we'll all be a lot happier.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:15 PM   #140
[b]Supporter[/b]

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
So for people who want the vet in there Week 1:

When do the stopgap tackles stop? At what point do you take the diapers off and let your own players develop into starters?
When Andy Reid says so.
Delano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old Yesterday, 09:17 PM   #141
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delano View Post
When Andy Reid says so.
Well, it's early in training camp, but thus far he seems to be saying the stopgap vets stop now.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 09:18 PM   #142
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delano View Post
I agree. I also know there’s been a common thread on this forum over the offseason that LT is the team’s main weakness. It’s what folks have been concerned about for a while and for good reason - we’ve got unknowns out there. Pair that concern with the piles of shit rotating through LG in Thuney’s absence and there’s a perfectly reasonable anxiety for some fans.
wbf
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 09:23 PM   #143
In Search of a Life

I guess I just feel confident that one of Kingsley or Morris will give us something at the very least not that far off from what Smith did in pass pro, and like some have mentioned, you might get more in run blocking.

Also not concerned out Thuney, because the timeline adds up, and they don't appear to be.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 10:01 PM   #144
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar View Post
Imagine bitching about optimism about an organization that's succeeded in damn near every facet the past six years, and is poised for a 3peat.

How miserable does that person have to be?
Not sure Ive ever done that. I just allow my fandom to take a back seat while evaluating.

I think it is quite the opposite....if you just take almost nothing away from training camp good or bad you are probably on the right track.

Last edited by BWillie; Yesterday at 10:37 PM..
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 10:15 PM   #145
Starter

We probably do need to give Morris and Kingsley more time at camp to see if we can trust them at LT. And if we bring in a stop gap now it will take away from the reps. We need to test them. But clearly this is a situation that needs to be monitored.

The fact that Andy and Mahomes aren’t sounding worried doesn’t really mean anything. They’re not going to say that publicly until after the move is made, if it is made.

We can wait a long time to bring in Smith if he’s needed as he knows the system. And I agree, Morris and Kingsley don’t have to do much at all to obviate the need to bring him in. It’s a very low bar they have to meet.

Bakhtiari would probably need to be brought in earlier because he doesn’t know our system. He certainly has more upside than Smith but probably is a greater injury concern and it’s very unclear whether we could afford him. I imagine they have had some preliminary discussions about what he might cost. But we won’t know about that.

So let’s chill and wait, but we need to monitor and be ready to act.
gordonelloyd ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.gordonelloyd ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.
Old Yesterday, 11:53 PM   #146
Veteran

Sucks that Kingsley isn’t moving well. Idk why Andy loves these giant tackles. We seemed so good with lighter tackles back w fisher. Those guys can continue moving and blocking while mahomes dances around. But I won’t question Andy. I’m sure there’s a reason
xztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old Yesterday, 11:56 PM   #147
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
I guess I just feel confident that one of Kingsley or Morris will give us something at the very least not that far off from what Smith did in pass pro, and like some have mentioned, you might get more in run blocking.

Also not concerned out Thuney, because the timeline adds up, and they don't appear to be.
Kingsley will be a dramatic improvement in run game immediately

I’m not sure how he projects long term as a pass protector. A lot of people said he was a massive steal so I’ll remain optimistic.
xztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about