Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-24-2024, 03:04 PM  

49ers LT Trent Williams is holding out

3 years left on his deal, scheduled to make $20M in 2024.

wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:10 AM   #106
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
Fun exercise - Which QBs in the following list would you rank ABOVE Brock Purdy?

Patrick Mahomes
Joe Burrow
Josh Allen
Lamar Jackson
C.J. Stroud
Jalen Hurts
Dak Prescott
Justin Herbert
Jordan Love
Matthew Stafford
Jared Goff
Kirk Cousins
Mahomes, Allen, Stroud, Herbert, Love (he will show it this year) and Stafford.

I’d take Purdy over these.

Joe Burrow
Lamar Jackson
Jalen Hurts
Dak Prescott
Jared Goff
Kirk Cousins

Lamar sucks ass with loaded teams like Purdy, Hurts has a loaded team like Purdy and isn’t as good or consistent, Dak has had good teams, especially offense, and sucked ass in the playoffs, Goff is close but the NFCCG comeback clinched Purdy for me and Cousins is near the end with a ****ed leg. He also chokes when the lights are brightest.

Not listed but Tua shits himself when it matters despite having as talented of an offense, Lawrence has a talented offense and falls apart time and again,

Some of you guys will probably push back on Burrow, but what’s the difference? He had loaded teams just like Purdy and yet never threw a 4th quarter TD in any of his 6 playoff games. He was carried by Lou and that defense a few years ago and hasn’t done anything since. Plus he’s a brokedick that will likely have wrist problems on his throwing arm.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:14 AM   #107
You gotta kill a few people

You’ve gone too far.

If I want to win a game, I’m definitely taking Burrow, Lamar, Dak and Goff over Purdy. Cousins is a tougher choice.

Only edge Purdy’s got on those guys is youth and a smaller contract and that’s irrelevant in this conversation.

His playoff record is also less attractive to me. He game managed the hell out of those postseason wins.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:15 AM   #108
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I already said it - Derek Carr.

Now I'm not convinced that they're the favorite out of the NFC with Purdy; the Eagles will have something to say about that. The Packers and Lions might. The NFC has some pretty evenly situated teams near the top.

But let's say they're the clear favorite in the NFC West (they are). And I think you could swap out Carr for Purdy and they'd STILL be the favorites out of the West.

I mean shit fellas, Geno Smith was a deserving Pro Bowler in 2022. He was awfully good. Now he regressed a little last season so the 2022 version probably isn't who he is. But if he's 2022 Geno this season, he's no worse than Purdy is. In his 35 games as a starter in Seattle - essentially two seasons - Geno's averaged 4,100 yards over 17 games and 26 TDs to go with 10 INTs with a 7.4 Y/A and a 97.3 passer rating. If we're going to scout stat lines, that's on par with Purdy but with a FAR lesser cast of characters than Purdy works with. He has maybe equally good WRs but his TE, OL and HC are all well below what Purdy has.

I'm not at all convinced that Purdy is clearly better than Chocolate ****ing Pain.

But ultimately it's not about the stat lines - its just about the traits. Purdy has a good floor because he's smart, but smart decides your floor and it's traits that make your ceiling. And Purdy's raw traits are, at best, average.
Derek Carr is too scared. Say what you will but Purdy never got terrified. He may have been flustered but not flat out terrified. But again Carr threw short of the sticks on 4th down.

Does anyone really think Jimmy G would have lead the 49ers back in the NFCCG last year? I just don’t see it. That’s the difference for me.

Also I’d selfishly love to see Baker Mayfield in that offense. He’d kill it
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:17 AM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Derek Carr is too scared. Say what you will but Purdy never got terrified. He may have been flustered but not flat out terrified. But again Carr threw short of the sticks on 4th down.

Does anyone really think Jimmy G would have lead the 49ers back in the NFCCG last year? I just don’t see it. That’s the difference for me.

"Derek Carr is too scared" is a perfect explanation for why I'd so much rather have Brock Purdy. I realize arm talent matters, but Purdy seems to rise to the moment and make plays when the team needs it, and he does it a lot.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:37 AM   #110
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
You’ve gone too far.

If I want to win a game, I’m definitely taking Burrow, Lamar, Dak and Goff over Purdy. Cousins is a tougher choice.

Only edge Purdy’s got on those guys is youth and a smaller contract and that’s irrelevant in this conversation.

His playoff record is also less attractive to me. He game managed the hell out of those postseason wins.
Every one of those guys shits themselves in spectacular fashion when it matters. Purdy hasn’t
Old Today, 09:37 AM   #111
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
"Derek Carr is too scared" is a perfect explanation for why I'd so much rather have Brock Purdy. I realize arm talent matters, but Purdy seems to rise to the moment and make plays when the team needs it, and he does it a lot.
Quote:
Every one of those guys shits themselves in spectacular fashion when it matters. Purdy hasn’t
He's played his entire career with the sliders on Rookie level.

He doesn't know that the game is hard so he's never developed the scar tissue.

A guy like Carr has been through some shit. Lawrence, Dak, Goff, Cousins - all these guys you say are "scared" simply have the burden of knowledge.

And someday Purdy will as well. Then you'll see him start to question himself and second guess.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:41 PM   #112

Quote:
I’m notoriously more forgiving about postseason performance. They’re such small sample sizes that I hate building an argument off of them.. but I understand why people do.

For Purdy, I just don’t think he was out there making any signature plays in these playoff wins. I hate to point to stats, but take a gander at his real quick. On average, dude’s going to attempt like 35 passes, give you 240 yards, 1 TD and 0 INTs. It’s like an Alex Smith stat line except instead of Donnie Avery, Junior Hemingway and Spencer Ware, he’s working with Deebo, Aiyuk and CMC.

His most signature plays actually, I think, came using his legs against the Lions. He did step up in that regard, but also, his biggest play ended up being the crazy deflection to Aiyuk. If the DB had simply caught that pass that Purdy threw right to him, we’re probably not having this conversation right now.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:43 PM   #113

Also, if you’re a results oriented guy, Goff’s been to two NFCCGs with two different teams. I don’t think it’s fair to say he shit himself when it matters.

I mean, he kinda did but I don’t think it’s fair to say it lol
Old Today, 03:09 PM   #114
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:

Jimmy G. was done in SF in 2019. His playoff performances before he even got to the SB were atrocious. He was so bad Shanahan reduced his passing snaps to about 10 per game? Yeah, he played 3 playoff games that year, for a whopping 427 yards or 142 yds/gm, 2 TDs/3 INTs. Shanahan had to move on from Jimmy after that.

Baker would've won that SB.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:19 PM   #115
MVP

Quote:
He kind of did crap his pants in the 2nd half against the Chiefs.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.