Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Today, 08:30 AM  

Jordan Love holding out

wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:49 PM   #76
The man you could post like.

Trevor Lawrence just got 55 per and none of his 3 seasons starting compare to Jordan Love in 2023.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:51 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch View Post
Trevor Lawrence just got 55 per and none of his 3 seasons starting compare to Jordan Love in 2023.
Yeah, it's a weird spot because he only did it for one year, but then again he was a first round pick. Burrow got 5 years, $275M so was kinda basing it on that, but I just noticed his guaranteed is $219M. Holy lord.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:53 PM   #78
You gotta kill a few people

No offense, but some of y’all just don’t have a good grasp on the QB market lol

$30m a year, $40m a year for a 25-year old QB who just threw 32 TDs and delivered a playoff win is not going to happen.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:05 PM   #79
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Don Majkowski should've done this.
Majikman was the tits for about fifteen minutes. Great name though -- I preferred it on him over Steve DeBerg.
Wallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old Today, 03:09 PM   #80
Going home eventually

Pack don't have a choice. He has no money past this year so Love holds all the cards.
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:15 PM
Megatron96
This message has been deleted by Megatron96. Reason: q
Old Today, 03:17 PM   #81
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
No offense, but some of y’all just don’t have a good grasp on the QB market lol

$30m a year, $40m a year for a 25-year old QB who just threw 32 TDs and delivered a playoff win is not going to happen.

So the only choice is to pay him $50 million/yr? And what if he ends up being closer to Danny Dimes than Aaron Rodgers?

I mean not for nothing, but look at the list of QBs making more than $40 million/yr:
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contract...erage/dir/desc

How many of those guys are really worth those contracts? Even excluding Mahomes, Burrow, Allen and Stafford (we'll just assume they're all worth their $$$), how many of those guys earned their $$$ last year or since they got their new contracts? 1? 2? not very many.

I mean, I get that the QB market dictates what they get paid. But I would do everything in my power in GB to avoid putting my entire franchise in a massive cap hole just because Jordan Love played well for 8 whole games last season when he was close to being called a bust prior to Week 9 last year.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:18 PM   #82
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
So the only choice is to pay him $50 million/yr? And what if he ends up being closer to Danny Dimes than Aaron Rodgers?

I mean not for nothing, but look at the list of QBs making more than $40 million/yr:
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contract...erage/dir/desc

How many of those guys are really worth those contracts? Even excluding Mahomes, Burrow, Allen and Stafford (we'll just assume they're all worth their $$$), how many of those guys earned their $$$ last year or since they got their new contracts? 1? 2? not very many.
The market is the market. Green Bay can let him walk. Someone else will pay him.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old Today, 03:19 PM   #83

Quote:
So the only choice is to pay him $50 million/yr?
If you want to keep him, yeah.

The team has the choice to let him walk, but there’s a reason teams almost never do that.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:21 PM   #84

I understand that a lot of what goes into contract talks is what’s been done, but you’re really paying the guy for what he’s about to do. The front office and coaching staff see Love every day in practice. They should have a good idea of his potential, especially after a HoF QB just left the franchise.
Old Today, 03:22 PM   #85
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:

The team has the choice to let him walk, but there’s a reason teams almost never do that.

Well, all I can say is I wouldn't do it. Not $50M. I might structure the contract so that it looks superficially like he could make $50M/yr, but the real $$$ wouldn't equal more than $40M/yr tops. 8 decent games is just way too small a sample size.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:28 PM   #86
MVP

Quote:
Well, all I can say is I wouldn't do it. Not $50M. I might structure the contract so that it looks superficially like he could make $50M/yr, but the real $$$ wouldn't equal more than $40M/yr tops. 8 decent games is just way too small a sample size.
Then he would walk. I think as important as the QB position is these days, combined with the lack of overall talent there (there's only about 5-7 people on the planet that can do it a high level) you have to pay him. His agent knows it too, so they have all the leverage here.
crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:30 PM   #87

Quote:
I hear you, but letting a potential franchise QB walk is not a good look. You play hardball, Love holds out, you lose a ****ton of games, Love walks, you’re back on the QB carousel for however long.

There’s a good chance you’d get fired or overridden by ownership before it gets that far.
Old Today, 03:34 PM   #88

Quote:
I hear you, but letting a potential franchise QB walk is not a good look. You play hardball, Love holds out, you lose a ****ton of games, Love walks, you’re back on the QB carousel for however long.

There’s a good chance you’d get fired or overridden by ownership before it gets that far.
Yep, he's shown enough they gotta take their chances. Based on what we saw I think it's a pretty good bet to take.
Old Today, 03:36 PM   #89
Diablo Negro

Quote:

You don't have to let him walk now, you can force his hand and make him play out the season before committing huge $.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:43 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
You don't have to let him walk now, you can force his hand and make him play out the season before committing huge $.
Sure, but if he has another good season, you have even less leverage with 0 cost-controlled years left.

Or he actually does hold out for a good deal of games and you lose a bunch of them for being a tight ass.