Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-16-2024, 11:16 AM  
Andy Reid Supporter

49ers Brandon Aiyuk has requested a trade

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 09:46 PM   #121
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd View Post
Pretty sure San Francisco will be able to keep both of them this year, but next year when they have to pay Purdy, they will have to make a choice. I expect they’ll choose Debo. Ayuk is a better pure “wide receiver” but Debo is more valuable. It will also be easier for them to draft another WR who’s probably about as good as Ayuk. There are a lot of guys you could argue are in the same class as him. He is definitely not one of the elite receivers. I don’t think they’re going to draft somebody who provides what Debo does. He’s kind of a unicorn but that assumes he doesn’t go back into getting injured.
This logic is flawed.

A WR1 is still more "valuable" than a WR2 that can play RB too.

I think so many of you are missing this aspect of team building and roster construction. It's not debatable, Aiyuk is 100% their WR1, and you don't choose your WR2 over your WR1 all things even. If Deebo is the significantly cheaper option, then that's a reason, but not "versatility".
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 09:51 PM   #122
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delano View Post
Oh shit, I forgot your input is always right and anyone attempting conversation with you is better off diving into a trash compactor.

I suppose guys like Scott Pioli or other ‘execs’ and college scouts know what makes a better, more valuable player than other NFL players.
So you're really going to try and argue that the players know better?

There's not a single exec, coach, or scout that would've ever preferred Lamar over Pat at any time. There were many players, and probably even some that still would. Players have absolutely no ****ing clue in comparison to execs, coaches, and scouts.

You think Kadarius Toney's opinion matters more than Veach and Reid?
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 09:51 PM   #123
[b]Supporter[/b]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Odd. In 2023, Aiyuk was 7th in total receiving yards with 1,342, 2nd in avg/yds per catch with 17.9, 3rd overall in plays over 20 yards with 28, 9th in avg yds per game with 83.9, and 8th overall in First Downs with 61. He probably should be on that list.
Probably should be on the list somewhere. I think it probably points to how the player is valued by peers more than just ‘is this guy a prototypical position player?’
Delano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old Yesterday, 09:57 PM   #124
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Probably should be on the list somewhere. I think it probably points to how the player is valued by peers more than just ‘is this guy a prototypical position player?’

I mean, who knows how players think? Or any of these guys. Maybe it's just a function of how much primetime they get.

Amon-Ra should've easily made the Pro-Bowl but wasn't selected. Only the AP paid enough attention to select him to the All-Pro first team offense.

A few years ago, iirc, Mike Evans said in a presser that Jameis Winston was an elite QB.

Stuff like that makes me seriously question just how discerning most players really are.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 09:57 PM   #125
[b]Supporter[/b]

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
So you're really going to try and argue that the players know better?

There's not a single exec, coach, or scout that would've ever preferred Lamar over Pat at any time. There were many players, and probably even some that still would. Players have absolutely no ****ing clue in comparison to execs, coaches, and scouts.

You think Kadarius Toney's opinion matters more than Veach and Reid?
Neither players or management are infallible. Just like you and me. You think any of the executives, coaches, or scouts really do some soul searching for an espn survey? Like they’ve got some big board and are debating whether copper kupp is 1% worse than Aiyuk?

Your opinion is Aiyuk is more valuable than Deebo. Nice, that’s great - don’t be such a **** about it.
Delano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old Yesterday, 10:01 PM   #126
[b]Supporter[/b]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
I mean, who knows how players think? Or any of these guys. Maybe it's just a function of how much primetime they get.

Amon-Ra should've easily made the Pro-Bowl but wasn't selected. Only the AP paid enough attention to select him to the All-Pro first team offense.

A few years ago, iirc, Mike Evans said in a presser that Jameis Winston was an elite QB.

Stuff like that makes me seriously question just how discerning most players really are.
Could be a little bit of that. I don’t know if the media knows what makes a better player than other players or coaches or scouts. Might be a better unbiased ranking for that season’s performance. There needs to be some kind of metacritic score that piles it all together. Except for the fans opinions.
Old Yesterday, 10:16 PM   #127
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Neither players or management are infallible. Just like you and me. You think any of the executives, coaches, or scouts really do some soul searching for an espn survey? Like they’ve got some big board and are debating whether copper kupp is 1% worse than Aiyuk?

Your opinion is Aiyuk is more valuable than Deebo. Nice, that’s great - don’t be such a **** about it.
That's not the argument. Coaches, execs, and scouts still have a much better idea of where those guys rank than players. That's just a fact.

Also, Virus literally said that not a single exec would choose Aiyuk over Deebo. That's why I posted that. Keep up.
Old Yesterday, 10:22 PM   #128
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Could be a little bit of that. I don’t know if the media knows what makes a better player than other players or coaches or scouts. Might be a better unbiased ranking for that season’s performance. There needs to be some kind of metacritic score that piles it all together. Except for the fans opinions.

Decades ago, I believed that a lot of the sports journalists out there were decent evaluators of player talent. These days not so much. But they do have the benefit of not having a real stake in the players, which you can't say about their teammates.

I would tend to think that GMs and scouts would have a better idea of who is better than who though. They should, you would think anyway.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 07:41 AM   #129
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
**** no. That shit is a pain in the ass, as you can't just copy and paste it all at once, at least from mobile. Do you think I'm lying or something?

With 2024 NFL training camps on the horizon, the league's true insiders made their voices heard. ESPN surveyed league executives, coaches and scouts to help us rank the top 10 players at 11 different positions, from quarterback to cornerback and all positions in between. This was the fifth edition of these rankings, and as usual, several players moved up or fell off last year's lists.

A reminder of the rankings process: Voters gave us their best 10 players at a position, then we compiled the results and ranked candidates based on number of top-10 votes, composite average and dozens of interviews, with research and film study help from ESPN NFL analyst Matt Bowen. In total, nearly 80 voters submitted a ballot on at least one position, and in many cases all positions. Additional voting and follow-up calls with those surveyed helped us break any ties.

And like I said Aiyuk was 10th after breaking a tie with Kupp. Deebo got HM as well. This easily disrpoves your stupid ****ing claim.
Well it’s difficult to debate an argument I can’t even read but if you say it, I suppose I stand corrected.

.. though I do find that absurd. Who would put Aiyuk in their top 10 by any metric?

Tyreek Hill
Justin Jefferson
Amon-Ra St Brown
AJ Brown
Ceedee Lamb
Jamarr Chase
Davante Adams

I don’t think anyone would argue that these guys are automatically better than Aiyuk.

Nico Collins, DJ Moore, and Puka Nacua all outproduced Aiyuk with worse QBs on worse offense with fewer weapons. They’re mostly younger than Aiyuk as well.

Mike Evans, Keenan Allen, Stefon Diggs and Amari Cooper are all older than Aiyuk but had near-enough production despite sometimes having worse QB situations.

DK Metcalf, Terry Mclaurin, Chris Olave, George Pickens, Cooper Kupp.. hell, is Aiyuk any better than Chris Godwin? Lol.

Having him top 10 is crazy to me.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:02 AM   #130
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
I'm sorry you don't know jack shit about football players on other NFL teams.

I like Pittman.

I wanted the Chiefs to trade for him.

But under even the best rankings of any kind he falls somewhere between 25 and 30 of all NFL receivers.

Your definition of "alpha" is what is hilarious. The **** does that mean, catch a lot of passes? So was Michael Thomas the alpha you wanted?

It's such a dumb, arbitrary term. An alpha just means WR1, out here changing whole games with his play. That's Ja'marr Chase first and foremost. That's what an 'alpha' is, if forced to use that idiotic term.
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 11:16 AM   #131
Starter

Quote:
This logic is flawed.

A WR1 is still more "valuable" than a WR2 that can play RB too.

I think so many of you are missing this aspect of team building and roster construction. It's not debatable, Aiyuk is 100% their WR1, and you don't choose your WR2 over your WR1 all things even. If Deebo is the significantly cheaper option, then that's a reason, but not "versatility".
I agree Debo will come cheaper than Aiyuk and that’s one of the reasons I think SF if they have to choose, will keep Debo.

I think this is a good discussion, but it’s a little unclear what we’re debating.

I think there’s a general consensus. Debo is more important.

I think there’s a general consensus Aiyuk is a better WR, but if Debo ever has a season like he has several years ago, that would be a hard argument to sustain.

There are split views on who they would choose to keep if they have to make that choice.

And then there are different perspectives on what the word “value “means. But I think that’s too subjective to really matter.

To me the key issue is, who will they choose if they have to choose. And I think the split views will continue on that. And clearly it’s a very hard choice. Both of them are great players and key components of the San Francisco offense.
gordonelloyd ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.gordonelloyd ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.