Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-01-2022, 08:02 AM  
I'll be back.

Star Wars: Andor

New trailer holy fuuuuck

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-28-2023, 03:16 PM   #316
sorta mod-ish

Even The Empire Strikes Back would have been harshly received had it shown up on the heels of the dogshit that was The Last Jedi.

*no, I am not saying Solo is on par with TESB, I'm just saying.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-28-2023, 11:42 PM   #317
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Even The Empire Strikes Back would have been harshly received had it shown up on the heels of the dogshit that was The Last Jedi.

*no, I am not saying Solo is on par with TESB, I'm just saying.
Agreed. Solo got targeted almost exclusively because of the lingering hatred for Last Jedi.

Kind of reminds me of the reception The Postman received. It was a post-apocalyptic movie starring Kevin Kostner that came out after the odious Waterworld. While it wasn't a great movie, it certainly wasn't bad, but the critics blasted it and it bombed. They, and apparently most moviegoers, were still pissed about Waterworld. Wouldn't have mattered if it was Citizen Kane.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2023, 12:22 AM   #318
World's Best Boss

I know people say The Last Jedi is the most divisive Star Wars movie. But honestly, after Rise of Skywalker bombed, I think the grand majority of people you talk to argue that the movie was a disappointment (and it gets wrapped into the overall trilogy).

Solo, to me, is actually the most divisive SW movie. I thought it was great, but every person I talk to seems to have a different take on it.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2023, 08:08 AM   #319
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Agreed. Solo got targeted almost exclusively because of the lingering hatred for Last Jedi.

Kind of reminds me of the reception The Postman received. It was a post-apocalyptic movie starring Kevin Kostner that came out after the odious Waterworld. While it wasn't a great movie, it certainly wasn't bad, but the critics blasted it and it bombed. They, and apparently most moviegoers, were still pissed about Waterworld. Wouldn't have mattered if it was Citizen Kane.
The Postman is a decent movie. Only barely recognizable from the book the movie was made from. If you haven't read the book, I recommend it.

Solo got targeted due to the trash that was Last Jedi, and got the Obi Wan movie canceled.

Solo is a pretty good movie.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 08:10 AM   #320
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
I know people say The Last Jedi is the most divisive Star Wars movie. But honestly, after Rise of Skywalker bombed, I think the grand majority of people you talk to argue that the movie was a disappointment (and it gets wrapped into the overall trilogy).

Solo, to me, is actually the most divisive SW movie. I thought it was great, but every person I talk to seems to have a different take on it.
I think a lot of people let their hatred of Last Jedi color their view of Solo. They watched it expecting to hate it and made it so.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 01-29-2023, 08:50 AM   #321
That's just f***in' stupid

Solo was meh. Not terrible, not great. The whole "his name is Solo because it was assigned to him" bit was horrible... on par with "Greedo shot first". Just, no. There was no need for that. Terrible decision in a long line of successive terrible decisions associated with the Star Wars franchise (going all the way back to the prequels).

IMO what makes Andor so good is they take it seriously. No lame attempts at moronic humor. No "Marvel jokes" peppered into every other line. It is in line with the originals, well, at least episodes IV & V, before Lucas decided to focus more on selling toys than making decent movies. Can you imagine what "Revenge of the Jedi" would have been like on Kashyyk, with wookies instead of those stupid lame teddy bear ewoks? That could have been incredible, esp if he had hired another serious director (Kershner).
HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 01-29-2023, 12:07 PM   #322
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post

???

People were desperately hoping for Solo to be good, precisely because TLJ was so bad.
Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2023, 01:11 PM   #323
sorta mod-ish

I'll say this for Solo - I enjoyed it much more on the second viewing, which was months if not a year down the road. It's an entertaining flick worth a re-watch if you've never done it.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2023, 01:34 PM   #324
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider View Post
The Postman is a decent movie. Only barely recognizable from the book the movie was made from. If you haven't read the book, I recommend it.

Solo got targeted due to the trash that was Last Jedi, and got the Obi Wan movie canceled.

Solo is a pretty good movie.
Not to sidetrack this even more, but The Postman book was so much better than the actual movie. It's like the only thing they have in common was the title.

And Solo was a fun movie that doesn't deserve the amount of hate it gets.
rydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 01-29-2023, 02:43 PM   #325
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC_Chief View Post
Solo was meh. Not terrible, not great. The whole "his name is Solo because it was assigned to him" bit was horrible... on par with "Greedo shot first". Just, no. There was no need for that. Terrible decision in a long line of successive terrible decisions associated with the Star Wars franchise (going all the way back to the prequels).

IMO what makes Andor so good is they take it seriously. No lame attempts at moronic humor. No "Marvel jokes" peppered into every other line. It is in line with the originals, well, at least episodes IV & V, before Lucas decided to focus more on selling toys than making decent movies. Can you imagine what "Revenge of the Jedi" would have been like on Kashyyk, with wookies instead of those stupid lame teddy bear ewoks? That could have been incredible, esp if he had hired another serious director (Kershner).
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 02:57 PM   #326
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By View Post
???

People were desperately hoping for Solo to be good, precisely because TLJ was so bad.
It was good. And compared to Last Jedi, it was great.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-09-2023, 04:33 AM   #327
Rookie

Agree. It was one of the best among Star Wars series. I liked Andor.
Colby Juarez ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.Colby Juarez ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.
Old Yesterday, 11:15 PM   #328
Supporter

I threw this on while I was in the office working on some shit.

That was stupid. Even though I'd seen it, it sucked me in and I was useless. I thought I'd have it on for noise and catch a couple awesome scenes, and get my shit done. ****, most of the scenes are awesome.

The ****ing dialogue is profound there are some real pause it so I can chew on it moments. Things like Power doesn't Panic, and the revolution comes first and we get what's left are really REALLY ****ing good writing. Serkis was in like 2 episodes and ****ing slayed that shit. Really incredible stuff. And that's to say nothing of the one way out speech, the I sacrificed everything speech and the funeral speech which are 3 ****ing all timers.

Set design was smart and diverse. Pacing was absolutely incredible. Then they throw shit in there like Luthen wasting those tie fighters. Jesus. And the death in there really mattered. Like all of them... A new hope blew up a planet and it didn't seem to matter as much as a couple prisoner deaths. Or that one kids dad.

Everything was tight and smart and engaging. Nothing was fluff or wasted, everything felt organic and real. Add in a few profound dialogue pieces, and this thing is....damn.

Dudes, I think this thing might be ****ing perfect.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:48 AM   #329
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydogg58 View Post
Not to sidetrack this even more, but The Postman book was so much better than the actual movie. It's like the only thing they have in common was the title.

And Solo was a fun movie that doesn't deserve the amount of hate it gets.
That's interesting. I happen to be online friends with the author David Brin after meeting him at a sci-fi convention in Tucson.

Talk to him regularly on his blog. Brin is a brilliant guy with a PhD in astrophysics from Cal Tech.

He's a massive Democrat though, so I've argued politics with him quite a few times.
JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old Today, 06:56 AM   #330
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Solo was good.

I refused to watch it in theaters because of the abortion that was TLJ. But it's one of the better ones. Like you said, strikes the right balance between gritty and funny. Good character arcs and just a solid story.

I enjoyed it quite a bit.
To me, I thought that Emilia Clarke and Han Solo had no chemistry. Since she's his big motivation through much of the film, I thought the whole thing fell flat. I didn't see anything about that relationship that was so special that he'd do all the stuff he did for her.

Second, I REALLY couldn't stand that damn fem bot. Though, one could argue the fem bot was MAKING FUN of toxic woke crap---even though it was voiced by Phoebe (ruiner of Harrison Ford franchises) Waller-Bridge.
JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.