Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 06:07 PM  
Veteran

Brake Repair

Does anyone still work on cars? I'm in the middle of a brake replacement on a 2006 Ford Freestyle. Quote was $1800 for front/rear brakes. That seems really excessive to me. I bought parts from Rock Auto for $225 shipped; new rotors and pads front and rear.

So far, the biggest issue was a wheel was stuck on the hub and we had to call AAA to get it loose. Looks like I will be buying a 3lb dead blow hammer.

Who else likes to save money doing things themselves?

I still enjoy fixing things however getting up off the ground continues to get more difficult as the time goes on. I realize that at some point, my body won't be able to cash the checks my brain is writing...

CK.
crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Yesterday, 08:55 PM   #16
Politically Incorrect

It's becoming so difficult to get anyone to do blue collar work that those good tradesmen are jacking up prices like crazy.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 11:15 PM   #17
Veteran

Always DIY

I maintain about 6 cars. Brakes I always do, and I always replace rotors every two pad replacements. Shops will often grind the disk to allow the pads to better seat, but I've never found that necessary. Replacing both prevents parts getting frozen from rust. If you have a good jack, an impact wrench and some basic tools, it is a quick job. With the new electronic parking brakes, you might have to buy a program to retract the electronic brake (usually can be done manually too), but more importantly to reset the brake warning light. Easy job.
A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.