Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 05:18 PM  
I'll **** anything that moves!

**2024 MLB Draft**

Not sure anyone gives a shit, I kinda don’t…. But **** it. Here’s your MLB draft thread. Enjoy.
GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM   #31
Perpetual Mediocrity

Incredible value for the Jays with Yasavage.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Yesterday, 07:45 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
Yassss average!
nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.
Old Yesterday, 07:48 PM   #33
Veteran

Grades
25. Padres: Kash Mayfield, B-
26. Yankees: Ben Hess, D+
27. Phillies: Dante Nori, C-
28. Astros: Walker Yanek, A
29. Diamondbacks: Slade Caldwell, B
30. Rangers: Malcolm Moore, B
Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Yesterday, 07:49 PM   #34
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nychief View Post
Yassss average!
That's the only thing I didn't like about him was his lack of upside, but I do think he's a good pick at 20.
Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Yesterday, 08:11 PM   #35
Choco Favre

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
Well, it was nice of us to give you guys a team.
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 10:59 PM   #36
I'll **** anything that moves!

So how did we do? Any high school/college experts out there?
GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old Today, 12:20 AM   #37
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm View Post
So how did we do? Any high school/college experts out there?
It's only two picks so far.

I'd say the Royals took BPA at 6 with Zac Caglianone. I just love the loud power tool. They could have taken Weatherholt or Griffin (if you like the risk/reward of a toolsy HS player), but I just don't like that Griffin has a 50 hit grade.

And David Shields actually has a deep pitch mix and good command for a HS pitcher. He's young (17), athletic and projectable so it's going to come down to him developing one/two of those pitches into a 60 and staying healthy. It's a riskier pick though.

I also would have gone Ryan Sloan or Boston Bateman over Shields for HS pitcher, but that's my personal preference.
Old Today, 07:35 AM   #38
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocotillo View Post

I'd say the Royals took BPA at 6 with Zac Caglianone. I just love the loud power tool. They could have taken Weatherholt or Griffin (if you like the risk/reward of a toolsy HS player), but I just don't like that Griffin has a 50 hit grade.

And David Shields actually has a deep pitch mix and good command for a HS pitcher. He's young (17), athletic and projectable so it's going to come down to him developing one/two of those pitches into a 60 and staying healthy. It's a riskier pick though.

I also would have gone Ryan Sloan or Boston Bateman over Shields for HS pitcher, but that's my personal preference.
The fact Shields is 17 probably is a differentiator for me over the other guys. If you're buying projectability, buying the youngest guys you can is a good idea to me.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:23 AM   #39
Starter

Shields may be an under the radar great pick...hits 94 without max-effort and is still only 17. A good all-around athlete, a starting QB in a football crazy area. I hated that they traded #39, but only a few guys a year, if that many, ever make the pros in a significant way, so, beter hit on the ones you select. It's early, but I like this front office so much more than the last, and I gave DM more credit than most.
Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.
Old Today, 08:38 AM   #40
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogieman View Post
Shields may be an under the radar great pick...hits 94 without max-effort and is still only 17. A good all-around athlete, a starting QB in a football crazy area. I hated that they traded #39, but only a few guys a year, if that many, ever make the pros in a significant way, so, beter hit on the ones you select. It's early, but I like this front office so much more than the last, and I gave DM more credit than most.
I've seen some of the industry guys I like the most (Keith Law, Kendall Rogers, Baseball Pro) suggest the talent in this draft is not great.

So, if you're going to move a pick...

And really, that No. 39 pick is most useful for the slot money, and without someone like Bazzana or Burns having crazy demands and forcing teams to pass on them, what are you going to do with it?
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:43 AM   #41
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocotillo View Post

Problem with Cags is that he has no floor at all. The chase rate is scary. The hit tool seems fine, but with wooden bats and high velocity, it may not translate and if he's still chasing as badly as he is, that's a mess in the making.

As a Cardinals fan, I'm glad they took him and let Wetherholt fall to STL. I also wonder why they didn't lock up the middle of their infield for the next 1/2 decade w/ a Witt/Wetherholt combo. They have a superstar in Witt - a premier top of the order contact hitter with plus defense at 2b would seem to be a heck of a fit for them.

This draft went 7 deep before a drop but in my top 7 I'd have had Braden Montgomery at the 7 spot and then Cags at the top of the next tier at 8.

It's a completely defensible pick because the power upside is immense. And maybe it's a 'new park' sort of addition (because at the K, why are you focusing on a power bat?). But it's probably not the way I'd have gone. I'd have taken Wetherholt or Mongtomery.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:45 AM   #42
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I've seen some of the industry guys I like the most (Keith Law, Kendall Rogers, Baseball Pro) suggest the talent in this draft is not great.

So, if you're going to move a pick...

And really, that No. 39 pick is most useful for the slot money, and without someone like Bazzana or Burns having crazy demands and forcing teams to pass on them, what are you going to do with it?
Use it on that high-ceiling guy you take in the 11th round who might be a tough sign. Maybe there just aren't many of those guys in this draft (it starts to get hard to sort those guys out until you get into the 2nd and 3rd round and see guys falling who shouldn't be).

But I've always seen some good utility in using that saved slot money for your picks after the first 10 and taking some flyers.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:09 AM   #43
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Use it on that high-ceiling guy you take in the 11th round who might be a tough sign. Maybe there just aren't many of those guys in this draft (it starts to get hard to sort those guys out until you get into the 2nd and 3rd round and see guys falling who shouldn't be).

But I've always seen some good utility in using that saved slot money for your picks after the first 10 and taking some flyers.
Yeah, it always hurts your depth to not have it. You can always use the money and get creative.

Just saying... if there's a time you can live with it, it's a draft where the depth and top-end talent have some questions. It doesn't seem like there are many outside-the-top-10, buy them off college guys in this one.

Re: Caglianone's chase rate, that's my main concern with him. He did make strides from sophomore to junior year with that, so there's some hope.
Old Today, 12:49 PM   #44
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Problem with Cags is that he has no floor at all. The chase rate is scary.
While he has an out-sized chase rate, he also has an out-sized hit rate on those chased balls. Is there a current Royal that comes to mind that swings at balls six inches outside of the zone but still hits those balls with power?

Cags also has an improving walk-to-strikeout ratio. So it appears he sees the ball just fine. If the organization can stop him from swinging at just anything he may be a "homerun" addition to the lineup.
Wallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old Today, 09:18 PM   #45
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallymo View Post
While he has an out-sized chase rate, he also has an out-sized hit rate on those chased balls. Is there a current Royal that comes to mind that swings at balls six inches outside of the zone but still hits those balls with power?

Cags also has an improving walk-to-strikeout ratio. So it appears he sees the ball just fine. If the organization can stop him from swinging at just anything he may be a "homerun" addition to the lineup.
This is my feeling about him. He crushes the balls he hits. He has freakish power and he's a freakish athlete. I put a Chris Davis, in his prime, comp on him.