Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-12-2024, 02:15 AM  
I'll **** anything that moves!

The Espy’s

Steve Gleason…

I had to look it up to know who this person is.

He’s had a helluva ride….

We ALL take our health for granted. It’s just how we’re built. When the parts are working, there’s no reason to put the car into a shop to find out what’s wrong.

This country has a lot of problems, and I wish health care was a priority.

My mother grew up in southern Kansas, farm country…. She went to nursing school, graduated and had a couple years working with doctors and she decided these doctors were assholes…. My mother would rarely use that language, but she got one of her close nursing friends to basically say : **** these Wichita assholes.

They went to Rochester, MN to get trained as anesthetists. It was the the early 60’s, and mom and her buddy went through every winter shit of starting the car to make sure it would run, so they could get to class in time.

My mother worked for over 45 years as a nurse, a CRNA, etc…. She loved her job and she was great at it. She’s 82 now, and I bet she’d be better at nursing than half the weirdos doing it now who could barely pass their boards…

I was working on maybe season 3 or 4 of Orange is the New Black, and we were shooting up in Orangeberg, whatever place off the river, and I offered to take a few people down to the city in my car(company car), they all obliged! Beats the van ride and subsequent trains.

And it happened to be Espy’s night. I handed out a few car bar beers, and we listened to the radio, when the speech for good ol Jimmy V came up…. The car was in silence for 15 minutes…. “Don’t ever give up…”

Sobs from the backseat as we got into NYC near Astoria, Queens…. “Why did that happen Tom?” “Why didn’t I hear about this before now?!?” “That was amazing Tom, who was that guy?” These young ladies had no idea, but were so moved hearing his speech over the radio…. That’s a win.

That’s a good car ride. Laugh, cry, be in thought, work, and that’s a solid day.

I highly recommend the ESPN story on Valvano and the NC State team. It’s a great juxtaposition of that magical NC State team to Jimmy V’s incredible charisma and magic that he had.

Sorry for the long story, but sometimes I have a few things to say…
GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 07-12-2024, 02:42 AM   #2
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm View Post
That’s a good car ride. Laugh, cry, be in thought, work, and that’s a solid day.
Sounds like my 20's. If I could find 2 people I wanted to be stuck in a car with for a few hours I'd call it a win today...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2024, 02:49 AM   #3
EvOlVeD

Im stoned and still don't get it?
Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2024, 03:29 AM   #4
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickhead View Post
Im stoned and still don't get it?
When you can't sleep that distance from 2 to 5 am can stretch out for miles.
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2024, 05:35 AM   #5
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm View Post
Steve Gleason…

I had to look it up to know who this person is.

He’s had a helluva ride….

We ALL take our health for granted. It’s just how we’re built. When the parts are working, there’s no reason to put the car into a shop to find out what’s wrong.

This country has a lot of problems, and I wish health care was a priority.

My mother grew up in southern Kansas, farm country…. She went to nursing school, graduated and had a couple years working with doctors and she decided these doctors were assholes…. My mother would rarely use that language, but she got one of her close nursing friends to basically say : **** these Wichita assholes.

They went to Rochester, MN to get trained as anesthetists. It was the the early 60’s, and mom and her buddy went through every winter shit of starting the car to make sure it would run, so they could get to class in time.

My mother worked for over 45 years as a nurse, a CRNA, etc…. She loved her job and she was great at it. She’s 82 now, and I bet she’d be better at nursing than half the weirdos doing it now who could barely pass their boards…

I was working on maybe season 3 or 4 of Orange is the New Black, and we were shooting up in Orangeberg, whatever place off the river, and I offered to take a few people down to the city in my car(company car), they all obliged! Beats the van ride and subsequent trains.

And it happened to be Espy’s night. I handed out a few car bar beers, and we listened to the radio, when the speech for good ol Jimmy V came up…. The car was in silence for 15 minutes…. “Don’t ever give up…”

Sobs from the backseat as we got into NYC near Astoria, Queens…. “Why did that happen Tom?” “Why didn’t I hear about this before now?!?” “That was amazing Tom, who was that guy?” These young ladies had no idea, but were so moved hearing his speech over the radio…. That’s a win.

I highly recommend the ESPN story on Valvano and the NC State team. It’s a great juxtaposition of that magical NC State team to Jimmy V’s incredible charisma and magic that he had.

Sorry for the long story, but sometimes I have a few things to say…
That 30 for 30 episode on Valvano and NC State was fabulous.

I wasn't really a fan of basketball, but I watched that 1983 NCAA championship with friends in Texas who were all rooting for Houston. The end of that game was so unreal and so compelling that I became a college basketball fan on the spot.
RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.
Old 07-12-2024, 06:59 AM   #6
MY LITTLE #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedinTexas View Post

I wasn't really a fan of basketball, but I watched that 1983 NCAA championship with friends in Texas who were all rooting for Houston. The end of that game was so unreal and so compelling that I became a college basketball fan on the spot.
I'm not a huge CB fan, but that was probably one of my favorite episodes of 30 for 30.
luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2024, 07:38 AM   #7
Has a particular set of skills

I worked with people who were dying for 10 years. I had someone die on my shift at least 75% of the time. Had a lot of training on how to interact with people who are dying and their families. It allowed me to continue working in the field without having a breakdown or quit the field.

Having a positive attitude even when your chance of surviving is close to none is essential to making your time left meanifull.

It's not just for you, you make the time you have left here on earth better for yourself. By doing that you help the people you love deal with this shitty situation just a little better. It's not all about lengthening your life and beating this shit, its also about your mindset. Making the time you have left about your love for your family, not about this shitty health situation.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2024, 12:02 PM   #8
Consuming CP souls

Hootie?
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2024, 12:59 PM   #9
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedinTexas View Post

I was there, in Albuquerque New Mexico at the Pit. I was stunned, we all were, because Benny Anders almost stole the ball at the top of the key, and that caused Olajuwon to leave goal and because of that Bailey was able to get that last shot of Wittenberg's, that was way short, and tip it in as time expired. To this day, it's the one sporting event loss that I have never gotten over. In hindsight, with Valvano getting cancer and then passing away, it was the way that game was supposed to end, even though I hate to admit it. Houston beats them 9 out of 10 times, just not that night.
TEX has disabled reputation