Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-07-2024, 11:11 AM  
Veteran

Where are the most desolate places in the lower 48?

I am looking for places in the lower 48 states that are the most desolate. Ones you go to when you want to get away from people.

A place where you might only see one other car drive down the highway every 30 minutes. An area with minimal paved roads and mostly gravel ones.

A place that's at least 200 miles from the nearest McDonald's or other chains.

A place with minimal cell phone service.

A place where if you get into an emergency, you have to be a man and toughen it out. You can't rely on first responders to bail you out.

What places come to mind?
Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-08-2024, 09:21 PM   #61
Certified Bourbon taster

A couple of places come to mind, some already mentioned. Panhandles, plural. Middle of nowhere, New Mexico (then go eat @ Santa Fe for a few days. You've earned it.) Eastern Colorado is pretty miserable. One of my favorite fishing spots in Western Colorado deserves a mention for this quest, anyway. Grand Mesa. Biggest Flat top mountain I know of. Once you're up there, good small stream trout fishing everywhere you fling a rock. Bring your own food & drink, it's been several years but I remember it being mighty sparse out there. I didn't care, I was full of little pan-fried trout.
BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2024, 09:48 PM   #62
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Some of the places we're talking about have no people, but it's apparent that people are on the land. You'll see fences or cattle or wheat fields. In the Navajo Nation you've got only the road and nature.
I took your word for it and then I picked a random spot to put road level view in Navajo Nation on Google Maps. I saw a bunch of junk cars and 10-12 houses on the side of the road.
Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-08-2024, 09:49 PM   #63
In Search of a Life

Baja has some super desolate places if you're willing to venture into Mexico. Just don't hang out near the border and it's as safe as the US.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2024, 09:51 PM   #64
Just a li'l Evel

I’ve got a bucket list item to camp at Havasupi falls Arizona.
Ten mile hike in, Native American land, crystal blue stream waters. You have to win a lottery to get a permit to go in.
TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 07:12 AM   #65
Snacks Are Under My Apron

Guymon Oklahoma
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 07:58 AM   #66
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyEvel View Post
I’ve got a bucket list item to camp at Havasupi falls Arizona.
Ten mile hike in, Native American land, crystal blue stream waters. You have to win a lottery to get a permit to go in.
I was signed up pre-Covid, then it was canceled 2 seasons in a row... it's something like $350/night and highly recommended to spend another $400 on a pack mule. There are several strict rules about no booze, no music speakers, etc.

It took like a year to get refunded for that trip and 3 years after booking, and still had to find someone to sell to first... and no refund on the mule, so out the $400 for that.

Unless they've changed it, you can sign up on their website in February... took me a few hours one morning as I'd select a date and their shitty site would timeout and you'd have to start the process over.

I'm not bitter or anything though.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 08:21 AM   #67
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I was signed up pre-Covid, then it was canceled 2 seasons in a row... it's something like $350/night and highly recommended to spend another $400 on a pack mule. There are several strict rules about no booze, no music speakers, etc.

It took like a year to get refunded for that trip and 3 years after booking, and still had to find someone to sell to first... and no refund on the mule, so out the $400 for that.

Unless they've changed it, you can sign up on their website in February... took me a few hours one morning as I'd select a date and their shitty site would timeout and you'd have to start the process over.

400 bucks to rent a mule sounds a little steep. Pretty sure you could buy one for that but maybe the 400 is to take it off your hands when you’re done
Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2024, 09:19 AM   #68
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocotillo View Post
I took your word for it and then I picked a random spot to put road level view in Navajo Nation on Google Maps. I saw a bunch of junk cars and 10-12 houses on the side of the road.
Oh, well sure, in town.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 01:08 PM   #69
Just a li'l Evel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post

Yeah I was ready to reserve spots back in January but my crew decided 2025 was a better year to commit. I think the pass is $425 for the three nights.
TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 01:30 PM   #70
My work speaks for itself!!!

Took a small highway from the 10 past Indio, up to Laughlin, NV.

As others have said, that stretch of planet is like something out of a dystopian nightmare.
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.