Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-07-2024, 10:50 AM  
Repeal the 19th Amendment

***Sun 7/7 Royals @ Rockies Official GDT | Mile High Malaise***

Last edited by GeorgeZimZam; 07-07-2024 at 01:30 PM.. Reason: Added Royals broadcast stream
GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 07-07-2024, 03:31 PM   #46
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
You have other Sunday afternoon plans?

Better not ****ing say church!
You'd have to be a complete psycho to go to afternoon Sunday church.

Went out and mowed and weed eated and figured I'd check in around the end of the game.

****ing thing is done already and they smoked those rocky mtn ****s so I guess that's a bad decision I made.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2024, 03:38 PM   #47
Be Kind To Your Pets

Well, I'm glad they won big, but damn...need to make hay against teams like this. Winning one of three ain't cutting it.
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2024, 03:39 PM   #48
Ultrabanned

Looks like Brady and Bobby both had impressive games!

No sweep for Denver, they don't ever deserve that sort of success against one of our teams
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2024, 03:39 PM   #49
El Gato Gordo Loco Anaranjado

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeZimZam View Post
Royals have a frustrating way of keeping up their impressive run differential: Lose way too many low scoring games, betraying their stellar starting pitching; and offensive explosions in the occasional, blowout victory.

But I will take this much-needed W, no matter how it came.
I think win differential in MLB is not a great indicator. It can turn out to be one but there are so many low leverage points of games where the offense gets to tee off on Jordan Lyles, Carlos Hernandez, Jonathan Lynch types and any long reliever. This doesn't tell you much about your team.

How batters perform in close games is important. Somebody somewhere has to have stats on this while ignoring the 10-1 blowouts or vice versa.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2024, 04:42 PM   #50
Damnit Peg

Hey, they didn't get swept.
Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 07-07-2024, 05:19 PM   #51
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I think win differential in MLB is not a great indicator. It can turn out to be one but there are so many low leverage points of games where the offense gets to tee off on Jordan Lyles, Carlos Hernandez, Jonathan Lynch types and any long reliever. This doesn't tell you much about your team.

How batters perform in close games is important. Somebody somewhere has to have stats on this while ignoring the 10-1 blowouts or vice versa.
I think run differential is a huge indicator of how good your team is. Just look at previous world series winners and where they ranked.

23 - Rangers 4th in MLB
22 - Astros 3rd
21 - Braves 7th
20 - Dodgers 1st
19 - Nationals 6th
18 - Red Sox 2nd
17 - Astros 3rd
16 - Cubs 1st
15 - Royals 5th
14 - Giants Tied 8th
13 - Red Sox 1st
12 - Giants 9th
11 - Cardinals 7th
10 - Giants 3rd
09 - Yankees 2nd
08 - Phillies 3rd
07 - Red Sox 1st
06 - Cardinals 14th
05 - White Sox 7th
04 - Red Sox 2nd
03 - Marlins 11th
02 - Angels 1st
01 - Diamondbacks 3rd
00 - Yankees Tied 8th
99 - Yankees 3rd
98 - Yankees 1st
97 - Marlins 7th
96 - Yankees 3rd
95 - Braves 3rd
93 - Blue Jays 5th
92 - Blue Jays 3rd
91 - Twins 2nd
90 - Reds 5th

Going back 32 years the average MLB run differential ranking is 4th. Run differential seems to be a really good indicator of who the best teams are. 19% of teams that won the world series between 1990 and 2023 were ranked 1st in run differential in all of the majors. 60% of teams were ranked in the top 3 of run differential and 72% of teams were ranked in the top 5. Run differential seems like one of the best indicators of how good a team was.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2024, 05:58 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
I think run differential is a huge indicator of how good your team is. Just look at previous world series winners and where they ranked.

23 - Rangers 4th in MLB
22 - Astros 3rd
21 - Braves 7th
20 - Dodgers 1st
19 - Nationals 6th
18 - Red Sox 2nd
17 - Astros 3rd
16 - Cubs 1st
15 - Royals 5th
14 - Giants Tied 8th
13 - Red Sox 1st
12 - Giants 9th
11 - Cardinals 7th
10 - Giants 3rd
09 - Yankees 2nd
08 - Phillies 3rd
07 - Red Sox 1st
06 - Cardinals 14th
05 - White Sox 7th
04 - Red Sox 2nd
03 - Marlins 11th
02 - Angels 1st
01 - Diamondbacks 3rd
00 - Yankees Tied 8th
99 - Yankees 3rd
98 - Yankees 1st
97 - Marlins 7th
96 - Yankees 3rd
95 - Braves 3rd
93 - Blue Jays 5th
92 - Blue Jays 3rd
91 - Twins 2nd
90 - Reds 5th

Going back 32 years the average MLB run differential ranking is 4th. Run differential seems to be a really good indicator of who the best teams are. 19% of teams that won the world series between 1990 and 2023 were ranked 1st in run differential in all of the majors. 60% of teams were ranked in the top 3 of run differential and 72% of teams were ranked in the top 5. Run differential seems like one of the best indicators of how good a team was.
Yes they play alot of games so run differential is always going to be a big deal for TEAMS but if you could narrow down the data for individual player evaluations by removing blowouts I think you would get better predictive data for individual players. Because how any specific player performs against a long reliever in a blowout doesn't really matter. The game is over and the long reliever is just chucking meatballs trying to get through the game.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2024, 06:17 PM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Yes they play alot of games so run differential is always going to be a big deal for TEAMS but if you could narrow down the data for individual player evaluations by removing blowouts I think you would get better predictive data for individual players. Because how any specific player performs against a long reliever in a blowout doesn't really matter. The game is over and the long reliever is just chucking meatballs trying to get through the game.
Doesn't WPA do that?
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-07-2024, 06:28 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Doesn't WPA do that?
Interesting. I'll take a look at that one. Looks like Jurrickson Profar is currently leading in WPA with Juan Soto in 2nd. Profar having an unbelievable year compared to his results prior in his career.
Old 07-07-2024, 06:57 PM   #55
I'll **** anything that moves!

Talked one of my best buds into going to today’s game. Tried to make plans a couple weeks ago to join him, but work stuff got in the way. So he went with his wife, got the nanny to help with his two young kids, and they had a great day together just kicking back with a few adult beverages, perfect weather and watching the Royals mash.

I ended up having today off, so I took my mother to visit my aunt for auntie’s 85th. Mom lives for this stuff and she had a great day. I got enjoyment from seeing my mom so happy and seeing my aunt for the first time in over ten years. Crazy how that happens in life.

So all in all, a great day. I’ll have to catch a replay or at least highlights of the game, but it was great facilitate my buddy into buying into these Royals and catching what turned out to be a perfect day, and to help put together the day for my aunt and mother to get together for a milestone birthday.

Good day.
GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2024, 07:01 PM   #56
MVP

Quote:
Interesting. I'll take a look at that one. Looks like Jurrickson Profar is currently leading in WPA with Juan Soto in 2nd. Profar having an unbelievable year compared to his results prior in his career.
You have to take into account the opportunities that each of these guys get. Bobby Witt has had jack and shit hitting behind him.