Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-29-2024, 10:16 AM  
Mod Team

Repair chipped tile or not

We just had a few rooms of our house done in wood look tile, the job was finished yesterday. I need the brain trust of CP to tell me if I should ask them to fix a small chipped tile spot that we found this morning. Yes, it is small as shown in the zoomed out picture, but it is in the middle of the room. If this was in a corner, I would no doubt let it go.

Also given the cost/labor of this tile job, I expected them to not to have a finished product like this where someone clearly noticed and decided to grout the chip instead of fixing it! I am suspecting that something was dropped on it near the end of the project and since this tile was already set, they didn't want to **** with it.

My concern is asking them to come rip out this tile and repair it could have it looking worse, correct, messing up the surrounding tiles/grout? Should I even bother with this?

lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-30-2024, 05:07 PM   #106
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

The chip is doing you a favor. If that floor was perfect, you would be devastated the first time you drop something and chip the tile. Now you don't have to worry about that.

My house is 120 years old and the floors have a whole lot of character. People have dropped spats from the 1920s on it and rifles from World War II on it and early tube television parts on it. 1970s lava lamps have bounced off of it and so has my smartphone. Every chip tells a story.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2024, 06:30 PM   #107
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
The chip is doing you a favor. If that floor was perfect, you would be devastated the first time you drop something and chip the tile. Now you don't have to worry about that.

My house is 120 years old and the floors have a whole lot of character. People have dropped spats from the 1920s on it and rifles from World War II on it and early tube television parts on it. 1970s lava lamps have bounced off of it and so has my smartphone. Every chip tells a story.
That's a good point , he's in the beginning phase. I might suggest causing a few more minor damages soon just so the great grand children can say , this is where my great grandfather dropped his shit.. Just a thought, Love you Lewdog!
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-30-2024, 10:57 PM   #108
The Lurkiest

It will be fine to have it replaced. That is an install error. Tile setter may have tapped the 2 pieces together. There are 3 chips total between the 2 pieces. When we finish a job we leave extra tile and the rest of the grout with the homeowner.
Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.
Old Yesterday, 06:01 AM   #109
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
This is false. Sony is garbage. Samsung makes the best displays. My next house will have a 75 inch Samsung.

Any chipped tiles, I'll just slide a rug over because I'm not a high maintenance whiner.
Lol here you go again talking about shit you absolutely know nothing about. The Sony Bravia X93L is the best TV in its class. You probably bought some shit Walmart Samsung TV, didn't ya?
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Yesterday, 06:02 AM   #110
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katipan View Post
Wow.

That is an awesome post.

I was taking about the banned dipshit lying.

But you have the Sunday you deserve Lewdog.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
My apology, I read that wrong.

You have a nice Sunday as well.
Did y'all have nice Sundays?
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Yesterday, 08:11 AM   #111
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_omega View Post
I don’t know the first thing about this, but DO NOT REPLACE was an unexpected answer.
Again, a ceramic tile/stone repair kit would easily conceal this small chips. Replacing the tile opens up the possibility for much more visible issues down the road. No one other than the owner would ever notice these chips now, let alone if they were color matched repaired.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:18 AM   #112
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
Again, a ceramic tile/stone repair kit would easily conceal this small chips. Replacing the tile opens up the possibility for much more visible issues down the road. No one other than the owner would ever notice these chips now, let alone if they were color matched repaired.
Seriously, a dap of paint would have made this disappear before Lew even saw it.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 10:04 AM   #113
Mod Team

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Seriously, a dap of paint would have made this disappear before Lew even saw it.
Link me to a repair kit for this?
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 11:30 AM   #114
What's up braj?

Quote:
www.lemonparty.org
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 04:48 PM   #115
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
You can repair tile with epoxy and paint matching. But why? You didn't damage it it was damaged in construction. Replacing a cracked tile isn't rocket science. Just call the contractor, have him look at it, and find out your options before you wait too long.

You may not think it's a big deal but the wife does and noticed it pretty quickly. You will hear about it till that floor is replaced again or you move.

Last edited by srvy; Yesterday at 05:15 PM..
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:59 PM   #116
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Lol here you go again talking about shit you absolutely know nothing about. The Sony Bravia X93L is the best TV in its class. You probably bought some shit Walmart Samsung TV, didn't ya?
Pffft.

LG C or better OLEDs are the tits.
PatMahomesIsGod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:02 PM   #117
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Lot's to choose from but the installer should be able to do it at their costs.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=tile+repa...f=nb_sb_noss_1
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 06:34 PM   #118
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Got it at Microcenter. Pound sand. Samsung makes the best displays and has for years.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 06:37 PM   #119
MVP

Have em fix it. You didn’t pay for chipped tile
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 06:38 PM   #120
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
You can repair tile with epoxy and paint matching. But why? You didn't damage it it was damaged in construction. Replacing a cracked tile isn't rocket science. Just call the contractor, have him look at it, and find out your options before you wait too long.

You may not think it's a big deal but the wife does and noticed it pretty quickly. You will hear about it till that floor is replaced again or you move.

Quote:
Lot's to choose from but the installer should be able to do it at their costs.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=tile+repa...f=nb_sb_noss_1
Got a call today from the installer. Coming Wednesday to repair this tile and probably the one next to it. Getting me another full box of tile to have on hand too in case of future repairs. Very pleasant.