Keep Camp Home!

Top 5 Chiefs Entering Contract Years in 2024

https://kckingdom.com/posts/top-5-ch...4-01j0xnwhd5wc

1. Creed Humphrey
2. Nick Bolton
3. Justin Reid
4. Trey Smith
5. Harrison Butker

They all take hometown discounts to keep winning Super Bowls and we good? We draft/ find cost effective league vets to replace them and keep winning Super Bowls? They all leave and we're doomed? Somewhere in the middle of all of that?

Those are definitely five guys that will be disappointing to see go if the business side of things dictates as much.
cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-24-2024, 09:05 AM   #91
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
He’s not just a kicker though. People who devalue him because we have Mahomes need to go back and look at how many game tying/game winning FGs he has hit for this team in the playoffs. He is easily in the top 3 most valuable players on this roster throughout this dynasty. He and Townsend are not even in the same conversation regarding worth to this team.
Butker has the most FGs in Super Bowl history (9), with fewer appearances than Gostkowski and Vinatieri.

With 37, he has 2nd most points (non-QBs, obviously). Jerry Rice (48) is first, and Butker could easily surpass him in 1-2 more games.

Butker is 2nd all time to Tucker in FG percentage.

Tucker makes $6M per. Just pay Butkicker $7M and call it a day.

Last edited by PatMahomesIsGod; 06-24-2024 at 09:21 AM..
PatMahomesIsGod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.PatMahomesIsGod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 09:14 AM   #92
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMahomesIsGod View Post
Butker has the most FGs in Super Bowl history (9), with less appearances than Gostkowski and Vinatieri.

With 37, he has 2nd most points (not QBs, obviously). Jerry Rice (48) is first, and Butker could easily surpass him in 1-2 more games.

Butker is 2nd all time to Tucker in FG percentage.

Tucker makes $6M per. Just pay Butkicker $7M and call it a day.
Just look at last year’s playoffs. He made a 52 yard FG against the Ravens and a SB record 57 yard FG in the SB. How many kickers in the NFL right now would you trust in those situations? It’s easy to go cheap on kickers until you get what you pay for. I agree that paying Butker his worth is a smart move.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 10:09 AM   #93
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
When was the last time KC payed a center? I can't recall any that have been given premium extensions since Andy has been HC.
When was the last time they drafted a corner high? Never until they did. This is a terrible argument that is continually repeated. Morse had health issues and the Chiefs were very different than they are now financially and roster wise when Hudson walked.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-24-2024, 10:11 AM   #94
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
We saved money on the punter because we are going to pay our kicker. It’s a wash.
We've also go the long snapper on the veteran loophole if I remember right where only a portion of his salary counts because he's been on the team so long. All signs point to saving money on special teams to pay the Goat kicker.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 12:47 PM   #95
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
We've also go the long snapper on the veteran loophole if I remember right where only a portion of his salary counts because he's been on the team so long. All signs point to saving money on special teams to pay the Goat kicker.
Imagine earning a little over $1.2 MM for snapping a football perfectly to a holder or a punter? I will take that gig and earn me 3 Super Bowl rings all day long.

I think this is one of those 2nd tier guys we sometimes take for granted.
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-24-2024, 12:51 PM   #96
Stroking to the SB Champs!

Based off OP:

1. Creed Humphrey - 50-50 on re-sign. I think it will depend on how they feel about Hunter Nourzad as a potential replacement
2. Nick Bolton - 100% re-sign
3. Justin Reid - let go
4. Trey Smith - let go
5. Harrison Butker - 100% re-sign
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2024, 12:57 PM   #97
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
Imagine earning a little over $1.2 MM for snapping a football perfectly to a holder or a punter? I will take that gig and earn me 3 Super Bowl rings all day long.

I think this is one of those 2nd tier guys we sometimes take for granted.
Niche market for sure.
Old 06-24-2024, 01:00 PM   #98
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
Based off OP:

1. Creed Humphrey - 50-50 on re-sign. I think it will depend on how they feel about Hunter Nourzad as a potential replacement
3. Justin Reid - let go
4. Trey Smith - let go
If he does that then he’s replacing Trey or Thuney. If they choose to have him replace Creed then we are keeping Trey.

With Reid doing kickoff duties now I could see KC wanting to resign him.
Old 06-24-2024, 03:05 PM   #99
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
KC replaced the entire line except for the LG and did just fine.

Butkers strength is Field Goals are basically automatic from 45+ yards. If he remains consistent at FG then his value will continue to increase.
Sure but they also spent good money on two guys, used a 2nd on a center and got luck with Trey. If your spending money then i am not sure it will not be in house. If not then they need to hit on the lineman they drafted this year and plan to use a high pick on a lineman next.

I like Butker, hope he stays. If he wants top dollar, I think he is gone. Willing to give them a team friendly deal, he will be back. I mean he makes 4 if he wants to match Tucker at 6... he stays. 8-10 think they let him go and someone probably pays him that even given his commencement speech.

Last edited by Shields68; 06-24-2024 at 03:11 PM..
Shields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 06-24-2024, 03:16 PM   #100
offense > defense

I've always been a big Butker guy and 100% I'd pay to keep him, but calling him easily a top 3 important player during the dynasty is so silly, especially considering we have such a universally-known "big 3" of Pat, Kelce and Jones.

He probably is 4th but you just can't downplay Kelce or Jones like that.
CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-24-2024, 03:24 PM   #101
Veteran

I think we drafted insurance for both Creed and Smith. I'd think they'd still go after Creed pretty hard but won't overpay

Bolton is awesome and I think they make a solid run at him but won't overpay

Butker. We keep no matter what.
tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 06-24-2024, 03:37 PM   #102
YOU take YOUR seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
Based off OP:

3. Justin Reid - let go
4. Trey Smith - let go
I basically agree with that. Veach will make good decisions regardless.
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2024, 03:42 PM   #103
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidStunt View Post
I've always been a big Butker guy and 100% I'd pay to keep him, but calling him easily a top 3 important player during the dynasty is so silly, especially considering we have such a universally-known "big 3" of Pat, Kelce and Jones.

He probably is 4th but you just can't downplay Kelce or Jones like that.
Except Jones was essentially a non factor in the playoffs prior to two years ago. Has Butker missed a high pressure FG in the playoffs since 2018?

Don't get me wrong, I am glad that Jones has stepped up and he's one of my all time favorite Chiefs, but I think recency bias is at work here.
Old 06-24-2024, 04:17 PM   #104
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shields68 View Post
Sure but they also spent good money on two guys, used a 2nd on a center and got luck with Trey. If your spending money then i am not sure it will not be in house. If not then they need to hit on the lineman they drafted this year and plan to use a high pick on a lineman next.

I like Butker, hope he stays. If he wants top dollar, I think he is gone. Willing to give them a team friendly deal, he will be back. I mean he makes 4 if he wants to match Tucker at 6... he stays. 8-10 think they let him go and someone probably pays him that even given his commencement speech.

At this point I would put Butker at 1A and Justin Tucker at 1 B when it comes to clutch kickers. And honestly I would match anything up to what Tucker is making plus a small bump. I never want to go back to days like "the kicker who shall remain nameless".

And also honestly his commencement speech will have little to no effect on his career. It would be silly to think so.
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-24-2024, 04:40 PM   #105
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni View Post
There's no such thing as hometown discounts
It's like free shipping there is no such thing. Somebody is taking it in the arse.
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.