Keep Camp Home!

Top 5 Chiefs Entering Contract Years in 2024

https://kckingdom.com/posts/top-5-ch...4-01j0xnwhd5wc

1. Creed Humphrey
2. Nick Bolton
3. Justin Reid
4. Trey Smith
5. Harrison Butker

They all take hometown discounts to keep winning Super Bowls and we good? We draft/ find cost effective league vets to replace them and keep winning Super Bowls? They all leave and we're doomed? Somewhere in the middle of all of that?

Those are definitely five guys that will be disappointing to see go if the business side of things dictates as much.
cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-23-2024, 09:56 AM   #16
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Doesn’t cutting Thuney free up a ton of cash?
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2024, 10:14 AM   #17
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Injured hand and I can’t remember where it was states but it was mentioned that Mahomes likes the snaps lower.

Creed is the best pass protecting C in the league and has incredible athleticism on pull blocks and screens. He’s an ideal Center for this offense
This.

I think Creed, Bolton, and Butker are basically locks.

Sure, Creed is replaceable, but be careful trying to save a few bucks at the position. You want the best out of Mahommes or the next 6 years, don't **** with his pass blocking center. Its not like Nourzad can't play guard. And money wise, its cheaper to extend Creed than Smith. Which is an absolute no brainer in my mind.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-23-2024, 10:19 AM   #18
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante84 View Post
Doesn’t cutting Thuney free up a ton of cash?
Sure. 16M I think.

But if he is playing at an All-Pro level you are fine paying him in the final year of his contract. You really need that money the following year when Karlaftis and McDuffie are free agents
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-23-2024, 10:20 AM   #19
Voodoo Chile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
No way the Chiefs allow the best center in the game to leave.

And isn't Thuneys contract up or they can save a lot of cap by cutting him?
Our last two centers AND our history with offensive line would like a word with you.
JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2024, 10:22 AM   #20
Supporter

I love watching Bolton play.

He reminds me of when you choose the correct play on defense while playing Tecmo Superbowl. He's a magnet to the ball carrier.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 10 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2024, 10:28 AM   #21
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNasium View Post
Our last two centers AND our history with offensive line would like a word with you.
That doesn't mean shit really.

I bet if you could walk in to Bart's office today and told him that Nourzad should be our starting center next year and we should let Creed walk if would call you a dumb ****.

Just because the team let Rodney Hudson (mistake) and Mitch Morris (smart too many concussions go) doesn't mean they will always do that.
Old 06-23-2024, 10:31 AM   #22
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
This.

I think Creed, Bolton, and Butker are basically locks.

Sure, Creed is replaceable, but be careful trying to save a few bucks at the position. You want the best out of Mahommes or the next 6 years, don't **** with his pass blocking center. Its not like Nourzad can't play guard. And money wise, its cheaper to extend Creed than Smith. Which is an absolute no brainer in my mind.
I thought at some point there was some discussion early in his career that Creed could play guard also....if Nourzad can play guard then that would make more sense. I'd hate to lose Thuney but that $16MM could come in handy.

I agree that they are not letting Bolton, Creed and Butker walk...I could see them try to squeeze in Smith too but that would take some finagling.

Honestly I think Reid could take a discount to play out his career here and finish with more Super Bowl rings....but if he doesn't we still have the personnel to replace him.
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-23-2024, 10:33 AM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjchieffan View Post
As much as I love Veach and everything that he's done building a dynasty team, my biggest gripe is how he doesn't get players extended prior to them hitting free agency for the most part. Things would be so much simpler if a couple of these players had been extended this off-season. Are we really going to play through the season with 5 starters pending free agency? I guess that he knows what he's doing. He's built a dynasty. But I still don't understand the logic in not extending our homegrown talent before they enter a contract year.
This is a league wide trend, players and agents don't want to sign early extensions in general.
Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-23-2024, 10:33 AM   #24
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
That doesn't mean shit really.

I bet if you could walk in to Bart's office today and told him that Nourzad should be our starting center next year and we should let Creed walk if would call you a dumb ****.

Just because the team let Rodney Hudson (mistake) and Mitch Morris (smart too many concussions go) doesn't mean they will always do that.
I thought they tried to keep Hudson but he was intent on going elsewhere?
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-23-2024, 10:51 AM   #25
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
I thought they tried to keep Hudson but he was intent on going elsewhere?
The Raiders were the first team that backed up a Brinks truck for a center. In hindsight, he was worth it IMO, but I understand what they did. I think we would have preferred to keep him.

The Chiefs are a much different team these days than back then. Back then a player wasn't going to take a little less to stay. Now they will.
Old 06-23-2024, 10:57 AM   #26
MVP

We can replace anyone other than Mahomes. The Patriots already showed that during their dominance.

Losing Kelce to retirement will suck but an all-pro WR or TE would soften the blow. Doesn't have to be as good as Kelce.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Old 06-23-2024, 10:58 AM   #27
Consuming CP souls

There's no such thing as hometown discounts
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2024, 10:59 AM   #28
Super Grover

Not sure how we can resign anyone next year

We have 13.3 mil in cap space

We need 7 mil for the draft class

Cutting Thuney saves 16 mil

Really anyone else we can cut

We can restructure. Mahomes Kelce Jone. and Taylor
KingPriest2 is not part of the Right 53.KingPriest2 is not part of the Right 53.KingPriest2 is not part of the Right 53.KingPriest2 is not part of the Right 53.KingPriest2 is not part of the Right 53.KingPriest2 is not part of the Right 53.KingPriest2 is not part of the Right 53.KingPriest2 is not part of the Right 53.KingPriest2 is not part of the Right 53.KingPriest2 is not part of the Right 53.KingPriest2 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 06-23-2024, 11:09 AM   #29
Starter

Humphrey would be my first choice because keeping Mahomes healthy is our number one priority. Trey would be nice but he is going to be too expensive.

Bolton is number two. He is solid but he better not be asking for top dollar. He is really good but he isn’t the best on the market.

Butker is third. Great kicker. However….What is he going to ask? Are we paying 8+ million for a kicker? I guess this goes for all of them. Creed and butker are the only two that I would make the highest paid but they better not be going too high.

Reid should be begging to come back.
Okchief80 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutOkchief80 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutOkchief80 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutOkchief80 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutOkchief80 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutOkchief80 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutOkchief80 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutOkchief80 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutOkchief80 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutOkchief80 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutOkchief80 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 06-23-2024, 11:16 AM   #30
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
The best center in the league wouldn't roll 30% of the snaps to PMII like Creed did last season.
Am I the only person who doesn't care about Creed's low/bad snaps? I know snapping is unique to the position and happens on every down, but in my opinion, it shouldn't be given close to the weight of blocking and calls/adjustments that make up a center's proficiency. If you take any random center and ask a talent evaluator/coach to talk about the guy and the first thing he says is, "His snaps are really accurate!" then he's not a good center.

Yes, it also makes him a bad center if every other down he's completely missing the QB like a Buffalo kicker in the playoffs, but that's not what Creed is doing. Because of who Mahomes is, if he only improves his snapping a little bit and never fully corrects it, I'd say you can call his snapping good enough. Because it's the other parts of his game that really matter, and that's where he's among the best at his position.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote