Grizzly Bear 74 79.57%
Gorilla 18 19.35%
Gaz 1 1.08%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-18-2024, 02:55 PM  
MVP

Grizzly Bear vs. Gorilla

Who wins?
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2024, 01:56 PM   #91
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

I mean c'mon - ain't no way a Gorilla's standing up to this kind of ferocity...

"It'll just tear the bears arm's off...."

Uh...no. Not happening.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2024, 04:21 PM   #92
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

What if the gorilla had a machete? Could a gorilla with a machete beat a grizzly bear?

I think that would tilt toward the gorilla. They're just a toolmaking gene away from taking over the world.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2024, 04:41 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
What if the gorilla had a machete? Could a gorilla with a machete beat a grizzly bear?

I think that would tilt toward the gorilla. They're just a toolmaking gene away from taking over the world.
A gorilla's probably going to just throw it or maybe smack you with the flat side a time or two.

Again - gorillas ain't chimps. They're quite stupid.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2024, 06:15 PM   #94
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I mean c'mon - ain't no way a Gorilla's standing up to this kind of ferocity...

"It'll just tear the bears arm's off...."

Uh...no. Not happening.
Oh, yeah. That’s the good stuff right there.

Notice the musculature when they get wet. Bears aren’t fluffy fat ****s. They’re solid muscle with a convenient few inches of protective fat, skin and fur.

Also look how loose the skin is. One bear grabs a mouthful, rips, shakes and nothing comes off but a clump of fur.

These things are walking tanks.

At this point I’m wondering if it’d even help if you gave the gorilla an attack lion.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2024, 06:32 PM   #95
MVP

I was thinking about what animal could take down an adult elephant.

From years of watching Animal Kingdom type shows, I can only remember a motivated big cat taking down an animal much bigger than it was.

It didn't take the animal on straight up, but hopped and climbed on their back and tore into it until it finally succumbed and fell over. The cat then did its normal thing and went straight for the jugular. I'm not sure this would work on an elephant, or if a big cat would even try.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-20-2024, 06:37 PM   #96
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
A gorilla's probably going to just throw it or maybe smack you with the flat side a time or two.

Again - gorillas ain't chimps. They're quite stupid.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2024, 06:38 PM   #97
Veteran

I thought this line was funny: " In simpler words, what would happen if a skinny person would fight with a Sumo wrestler?"

Anyone watch UFC 1? Gerard Gordeau v. Teala Tuli?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npBlf4U43V8

I think that's your answer.

Last edited by A8bil; 06-20-2024 at 06:48 PM..
A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.A8bil has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 07:42 PM   #98
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
The gorilla is moving that 500lbs in ways a grizzly doesn't. I think the Gorilla is stronger with more functional strength and I'll die on this hill.
Yes you will die on that hill, same as the gorilla
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 07:56 PM   #99

ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2024, 08:18 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
That bear was so non-plussed by the entire affair that he took a shit halfway through it...

(tell me that's not a bear shitting in the woods at the 3:02 mark...)

Last edited by DJ's left nut; 06-20-2024 at 08:25 PM..
Old 06-21-2024, 12:47 AM   #101
DeadPunisher

Quote:
The gorilla’s chances are functionally zero.

I have a better chance of killing a gorilla than a gorilla does a Grizzly.
WTF? A Silverback Gorilla has the functional strength of 20 adult men.

Any Gorilla, especially a Silverback, would probably kill the bear, but sustain damage.

I don't think a bear, unless protecting cubs, would even think about attacking a Gorilla.

Last edited by ChiefsFanatic; 06-21-2024 at 02:08 AM..
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 06-21-2024, 05:53 AM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post

Any Gorilla, especially a Silverback, would probably kill the bear, but sustain damage.

I don't think a bear, unless protecting cubs, would even think about attacking a Gorilla.
Read this. And instead of a 185-pound leopard, imagine it’s an 800-pound Grizzly.

The only chance the gorilla has is if the Grizzly has a heart attack or something during the fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
See my edit. I think it was an accident.

Yeah here's another article: https://www.newspapers.com/article/l...illa/33900300/

Old 06-21-2024, 06:11 AM   #103
SNAP THE ****ING BALL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post

*Hasn't read the thread or looked at any of the presented evidence.*
kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 06:12 AM   #104
SNAP THE ****ING BALL!!!

Quote:
Now that one might actually be an interesting fight.

I don't think black bears have near the aggression of a grizzly. So I think I might take the Gorilla. A big black bear is probably about the same size as a big silverback; 500 or so pounds. A black may get a little bigger than that (probably 600 tops) but there's not the massive size disparity with the black that there is with the griz.

And from anything I've ever seen, they just aren't as mean. Friggen grizzly's are nasty bastards when they're mad.
I think a gorilla and a black bear would just keep running away from each other.
kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2024, 06:22 AM   #105
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Read this. And instead of a 185-pound leopard, imagine it’s an 800-pound Grizzly.

The only chance the gorilla has is if the Grizzly has a heart attack or something during the fight.
The Gorilla could crush the skull of the bear, or leopard.

There are individual people who survive bear attacks, so, again, a Gorilla with the functional strength of 20 adult men, they can run or move between 20 and 25 mph, and they are agile.

I am not sure what prowess you believe a bear has, but they are mostly stationary and vulnerable when attacking.

The Gorilla will attack the bear, and will not be at paw length for the bear to attack with its claws in an effecient manner. The bear will most likely go up on its back legs, and if rushed and hit or tackled by the Gorilla, the bear is really in trouble, as it is obviously not designed or used to fighting on the ground or from its back.

However, if there was an actual confrontation between a bear and a Gorilla, I doubt that the Gorilla would fight, and I think it would just avoid the bear, staying just far enough away to be safe. I think the bear would have to be attacking the young, or a breedable female, for the Gorilla to press an actual fight.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.