Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-08-2019, 10:13 AM  
Supporter

Pellet Grills

My old LP grill is to the point where it needs parts or needs to go. The wife is thinking a pellet grill might be better for her to use.

I thought there was a thread on here about them, but the one I could dig up is over a decade old.

What are you guys running these days? Pros/Cons?

I don't know much about anything except Traegers and people I know have had trouble with them.

I'd PROBABLY be leaving it outside so I'd need a cover for it.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2024, 05:44 PM   #181
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bikemike View Post
I love mine as well, The only bummer is you have to be at the smoker to start it now. No more starting it up from my truck or boat!
Yeah the app update screwed us on that one. I guess a safety issue killed it.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2024, 07:56 AM   #182
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
can you give me a link on your model?
I bought mine on Amazon $299

https://www.ninjakitchen.com/product...er-zidOG66UPG1

It electric but you add a handful of pellets to give it the smoke flavor. Super simple to use. Nothing to light , no propane. Just push a button

Last edited by Hog's Gone Fishin; 06-21-2024 at 08:41 AM..
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2024, 09:11 AM   #183
It was not a fair catch

that is the one I was looking at
right price and size
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 09:15 AM   #184
Born with Bad Habits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I just have the smoke. No fancy WiFi but it’s good and reliable.

I’m sure there are cheaper options but I don’t **** around. Thermoworks gets my vote.
I have the Smoke as well, and it gets heavy use. Picked up the Gateway when it was on sale (around half price, I think), and it gives me wi-fi capability if I want to use it. The regular wireless receiver has good range that covers what I need within the house.
RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-21-2024, 09:24 AM   #185
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
I bought mine on Amazon $299

https://www.ninjakitchen.com/product...er-zidOG66UPG1

It electric but you add a handful of pellets to give it the smoke flavor. Super simple to use. Nothing to light , no propane. Just push a button

That's not really a smoker. He said he was smoking at over 300 degrees. It really just a air fryer with a smoke option.

For about $50 more could buy a Weber Kettle with a Spider 22 pellet attachment.

https://www.spidergrills.com/product...pellet-adapter

Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-21-2024, 09:24 AM   #186
MVP

I have a Grilla OG. Love it. To be honest, i get better bark on my weber smokey mountain though
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2024, 11:07 AM   #187
Born with Bad Habits

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooge View Post
I have a Grilla OG. Love it. To be honest, i get better bark on my weber smokey mountain though
It’s tough to beat a WSM. Mine is still going strong after years of abuse, and it’s really the only thing keeping me from shelling out the cash to try Weber’s new Searwood.
RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-21-2024, 03:21 PM   #188
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba View Post
That's not really a smoker. He said he was smoking at over 300 degrees. It really just a air fryer with a smoke option.

For about $50 more could buy a Weber Kettle with a Spider 22 pellet attachment.

https://www.spidergrills.com/product...pellet-adapter

Uh, yeah, it's a smoker. I'll have mine delivered tomorrow and plan to test it out Sunday. I'll report.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2024, 03:29 PM   #189
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba View Post
I would say that is too small as well. RecTeq, Camp Chef, Pit Boss are all going to be about the same. I'd probably lean Camp Chef but, throw them up and catch one. He may need to at least double his budget to get something more worthwhile though.
RecTeq is leaps and bounds better then those including Traeger
ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-21-2024, 07:47 PM   #190
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsHawk View Post
RecTeq is leaps and bounds better then those including Traeger
Eh, doesn't matter to me. I'm a stick burner.

I've heard some good things about the Woodwind Pro though. But in my mind if I'm paying $1,500 for RecTeq or Camp Chef, $2500 isn't that far off for something like the Lone Star.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-21-2024, 07:51 PM   #191
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooge View Post
I have a old WSM and an old elctric smoker that I'm going to set out at the curb tomorrow for someone to take. I give it 30mins to an hour before both is gone.