Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2024, 08:28 AM  
Ultrabanned

Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?

Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2024, 06:10 AM   #2026
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
Teams are not going to spend millions of dollars on detailed stadium plans until they know whether not the revenue is there. Royals wanted to build a cowtown stadium. There was a conception plan on how it would look. What else do you need? This vote was about whether the Royals should build downtown or not. The last minute shit from the Chiefs was like "oh wait, what are you guys doing with the money." It was never about them, but it sure determined a course for the future.
I think it was a lot more than that or we wouldn't have heard all the discussion about the lack of details, costing, and guarantees. If it was just about them moving downtown I'm pretty sure it would have easily passed.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2024, 06:12 AM   #2027

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmh6476 View Post
Mike Parson is a longtime STM. Though he's only got 5 more months before he isn't Governor anymore.
Let's hope the next Governor isn't so willing to let Pro teams walk to neighboring states.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2024, 06:21 AM   #2028

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
None of us really know, all we can do is make educated guesses based on people's words and actions.

The groundwork was laid for that months ago before this was ever a hot button issue. I do think McDowell's done good reporting on this, he's not been afraid to criticize both teams but still lay out what's he's hearing according to his sources from both the teams and government officials. That's why I posted this thread from an article he did a while ago.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=351198

From the beginning the Chiefs went to the county to try and get the tax extended and according to the team, the county was not responsive. And by all accounts, it seems that a lot of people both in government and with the teams have thought that Frank believes the current lease was not a good lease. So we're not even sure if he was truly in favor of extending the 3/8th tax with no changes at all.

Frank has become the face of that for sure, but to be fair he's also not expressed too many opinions other than what the teams are doing is bad. He has every right to do that, but my point was still that putting all the onus on the teams will open the door for other groups who want to be more proactive to come in and say "Here's another option, let's work together" and negotiate something different. Given Sherman's wife's comments on Facebook and the comments other people have made, including McDowell on that podcast, he's not entirely sure the Chiefs want to work with Frank White again, it seems to open the door for another group to come in with a more proactive strategy to try and work with the teams to negotiate a plan. You're seeing it now. Kansas is saying "We want the teams" and Frank White still can't even say "No we want them to stay here."
While he may be correct sometimes, Frank is an arrogant prick who is in his job probably too much based on name recognition from his Royals days. If the teams move I'm pretty sure it will cost him the job he probably should have never had.
Old 06-20-2024, 07:49 AM   #2029
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeZimZam View Post

Firm envisions Royals stadium a place where 'Homeruns can be hit out of one state and into another'

Kansas City-based firm MANICA released conceptual renderings

Firm releases conceptual renderings for Royals stadium near state line

archived 20 Jun 2024 05:20:15 UTC

interesting. Because my only knowledge of that area is "that scary place that is near Golden Ox and Kemper where zombies walk around all year and they have the haunted houses and never ever go there" but maybe it can be built up.

But I haven't been near there in like 20 years so maybe it's better than I remember? Does that area ever flood?
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-20-2024, 08:07 AM   #2030
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Let's hope the next Governor isn't so willing to let Pro teams walk to neighboring states.
The next governor NOT closely resembling Barney Fife in effectiveness would be pretty cool.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 08:20 AM   #2031
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimo View Post
interesting. Because my only knowledge of that area is "that scary place that is near Golden Ox and Kemper where zombies walk around all year and they have the haunted houses and never ever go there" but maybe it can be built up.

But I haven't been near there in like 20 years so maybe it's better than I remember? Does that area ever flood?
Wasn't one of the knocks against Kemper was that nobody really wanted to go down there because the location sucked, traffic sucked, nothing to else to do when you went? Other than a "new" stadium, this does not seem like an upgrade over the current location. Just a different bad area that's harder to access.
Tonka83 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tonka83 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tonka83 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tonka83 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tonka83 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tonka83 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tonka83 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tonka83 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tonka83 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tonka83 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tonka83 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-20-2024, 08:49 AM   #2032
MVP

Maybe there's some kind of low key gentrification already going on there because the location itself seems like it could grow into a new area with a great view of downtown but like that seems like a pretty huge effort.

I also could be mistaken but I think of the west bottoms as smelling like shit. Stockyards and river doesn't scream "pleasant" to me but I'm not sure how accurate that is because I haven't been there since....last century maybe
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-20-2024, 09:01 AM   #2033
Cheat Death

Chef J's pregame is reason enough alone and the area seems to be slowly coming up so I imagine a stadium in that location seems like what they were talking about early on. Space with the opportunity for entertainment, but then for some reason pivoted to demolishing an existing grassroots entertainment spot in the Crossroads to build. So this makes more sense to me.

Not sure about parking and getting in/out but having just researched parking/stadium experience at Coors field for an upcoming Royals series, it feels kind of similar. They provide like 4300 spaces in 2 lots and the rest seems to be find it nearby and walk. They could run the ****ing streetcar down there but then you run into KS/MO BS but either way this seems somewhat feasible on the surface.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2024, 09:11 AM   #2034
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka83 View Post
Wasn't one of the knocks against Kemper was that nobody really wanted to go down there because the location sucked, traffic sucked, nothing to else to do when you went? Other than a "new" stadium, this does not seem like an upgrade over the current location. Just a different bad area that's harder to access.
And the risk of being swallowed whole by a pothole on the 12th Street bridge*.

"If the Royals score 10 runs, everyone in attendance gets a free alignment!"

*it's probably been 20 years since driving over that monstrosity, so hopefully they've done something about that by now...
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2024, 09:45 AM   #2035

I think they could make the West Bottoms work as long as it means a TON of area improvements (roads and infrastructure), but I still think the East Village would be better in terms of location. Parking would be an issue, but up for anything that drives the demand for light rail from the suburbs into downtown.
Old 06-20-2024, 11:03 AM   #2036
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimo View Post
Maybe there's some kind of low key gentrification already going on there because the location itself seems like it could grow into a new area with a great view of downtown but like that seems like a pretty huge effort.

I also could be mistaken but I think of the west bottoms as smelling like shit. Stockyards and river doesn't scream "pleasant" to me but I'm not sure how accurate that is because I haven't been there since....last century maybe

There are a lot of new condos there, some good restaurants and a dive, and a great outdoor music venue. Lots of 20 somethings wandering around.

The stench in the area can be a huge problem. I'm wondering how the hell the new bridge event space is going to work out. No one wants to have their wedding next to the sewer treatment plant.
vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 06-20-2024, 11:23 AM   #2037
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Chef J's pregame is reason enough alone and the area seems to be slowly coming up so I imagine a stadium in that location seems like what they were talking about early on. Space with the opportunity for entertainment, but then for some reason pivoted to demolishing an existing grassroots entertainment spot in the Crossroads to build. So this makes more sense to me.

Not sure about parking and getting in/out but having just researched parking/stadium experience at Coors field for an upcoming Royals series, it feels kind of similar. They provide like 4300 spaces in 2 lots and the rest seems to be find it nearby and walk. They could run the ****ing streetcar down there but then you run into KS/MO BS but either way this seems somewhat feasible on the surface.
The rail and bus systems in Denver are top notch. Getting from the airport and around town is a public transportation delight and shows how far KC really has to go. It is so great that I would be surprised if the Royals and Chiefs went somewhere that doesn't have it.

Parking a car at Coors is a ****ing nightmare. The city becomes gridlocked with cars, Ubers, street vendors, etc. And then on non game days the surrounding bar areas are dead.

The whole experience in Denver gives a lot of insight into what KC is considering. Any soul or life was replaced by corporate restaurants and bars, but the public transportation makes KC's lightrail look ill conceived or at the very least decades behind.
vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 06-20-2024, 11:30 AM   #2038
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonBobo View Post
The rail and bus systems in Denver are top notch. Getting from the airport and around town is a public transportation delight and shows how far KC really has to go.

Parking a car at Coors is a ****ing nightmare. The city becomes gridlocked with cars, Ubers, street vendors, etc. And then on non game days the surrounding bar areas are dead.

The whole experience in Denver gives a lot of insight into what KC is considering. Any soul or life was replaced by corporate restaurants and bars, but the public transportation makes KC's lightrail look ill conceived or at the very least decades behind.
I'm staying in Rino like a mile from the stadium and am looking forward to the surrounding area

If KC could surround their city stadium with as many quality walkable breweries as Denver I'd consider moving back but everyone has their own personal pros and cons. There's never going to be some giftwrapped perfect location for everyone.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2024, 11:46 AM   #2039

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
I think they could make the West Bottoms work as long as it means a TON of area improvements (roads and infrastructure), but I still think the East Village would be better in terms of location. Parking would be an issue, but up for anything that drives the demand for light rail from the suburbs into downtown.
Yeah, East Village would be much better. If it has to be both in Kansas and "downtown" though the West Bottoms plan is just about the only option I can see.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2024, 12:14 PM   #2040
MVP

Reminder that Lodo in Denver was a Scooby Doo Ghost Town before Coors field. That has to be the #1 most desirable goal wherever it goes. Words can't express the difference in that area of Denver.