Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-18-2024, 07:04 PM  
Starter

RIP Willie Mays

SHOWTIME has disabled reputation
Old 06-18-2024, 07:47 PM   #16
In Search of a Life

What a great life and what a great athlete. RIP Willie, Godspeed.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2024, 08:00 PM   #17
Damnit Peg

Willie Mays is the greatest player of all time.
Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2024, 08:15 PM   #18
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

I never really followed baseball, but I think he may have been the first baseball player I knew about. He was a symbol of baseball when I was learning about the sport.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2024, 08:21 PM   #19
Veteran

My dad grew up outside SF in the 50’s. My grandpa took him to several games. I was talking to him tonight on the phone and he was pretty sad. We lost a good one today boys!
Hamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2024, 08:22 PM   #20
Supporter

RIP.
Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-18-2024, 08:41 PM   #21
Spooky Action

RIP to the great Say Hey Kid.
EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-18-2024, 08:54 PM   #22
The pizza king of kansas

RIP TO THE SAY HEY KID.
big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2024, 09:10 PM   #23
Has a particular set of skills

My Dad told me I saw him play in San Fran. He said all I did was complain about being cold. Since I was 2, no remembrance of attending.

RIP Willie
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2024, 09:50 PM   #24
Feeling Victorian

I'm old enough to remember watching Willie in the late 60's early 70's. Even at the end of his career he was still damn good. Say Hey to Hank Willie RIP.
alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2024, 09:53 PM   #25
Feeling Victorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
Willie Mays final All-Star game in 1973 at Royals Stadium
2 of the greatest there ever was.
alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2024, 11:00 PM   #26
Spiraling down the Drain

Top five all time. R. I. P.
BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2024, 05:34 AM   #27
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanm View Post
I'm old enough to remember watching Willie in the late 60's early 70's. Even at the end of his career he was still damn good. Say Hey to Hank Willie RIP.
Same here, except probably started around '63 (turned 7 in August) or '64 (obviously turned 8 in August) with watching. It's probably hard to believe now days, but back then there was one game a week televised. There was a lead in show called This Week in Baseball. It was must watch for me, as that is where you hoped to see the highlights you read about in the newspaper all week. It was one of the only places you could see players like Willie Mays maybe for weeks at a time. And it is why All-Star games back in the day were huge. One day a year where you knew you could see all your hero's.

There weren't playoffs then either. Just the World Series. And most of those games were day games. So if it was a week day game and you were in school, you didn't get to see those either.

It was a great era, and Mays was the best of the best!

RIP Willie Mays!!!

Last edited by Coogs; 06-19-2024 at 09:01 AM..
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-19-2024, 05:59 AM   #28
In Search of a Life

I know the Babe is often argued to be the best player of all time, but I think it was Willie Mays. Could do absolutely everything on offense and defense. RIP.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 06:01 AM   #29
Prestige Worldwide

An athletics pillar.

RIP
Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2024, 12:48 PM   #30
Feeling Victorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coogs View Post
Same here, except probably started around '63 (turned 7 in August) or '64 (obviously turned 8 in August) with watching. It's probably hard to believe now days, but back then there was one game a week televised. There was a lead in show called This Week in Baseball. It was must watch for me, as that is where you hoped to see the highlights you read about in the newspaper all week. It was one of the only places you could see players like Willie Mays maybe for weeks at a time. And it is why All-Star games back in the day were huge. One day a year where you knew you could see all your hero's.

There weren't playoffs then either. Just the World Series. And most of those games were day games. So if it was a week day game and you were in school, you didn't get to see those either.

It was a great era, and Mays was the best of the best!

RIP Willie Mays!!!
Coogs You guys got hosed then. I grew up in Omaha. If there were WS games in the afternoon teachers would wheel in the big old TV's on a rolling cart and we would get to watch the games in class. Didn't hurt much either that St. Louis was often playing with Bob Gibson pitching since he was from Omaha.