Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-15-2024, 10:20 PM  
I'll **** anything that moves!

Best Memory at Kauffman

We love our Chiefs, and I think many here love the Royals.

Please tell your story…. What are your favorite Royals wins? What stories can you share about your time at TSC?

I have so many memories….

I was maybe 9 years old, and it was field day getting photos on the field…. My jackass older brother didn’t give me and my friend a ticket…. So we were lost on the concourse…. Willie ripped a triple in his first AB…. Little 9 year old me went to “fan accommodations”

My dad found me and my buddy Matt, and we went to our seats, and my dad scolded my older brother…

I was at the game when Bo got his first homer. I still have the scorecard.

I saw George’s last game at Kauffman, kissing the plate…

Was at the Astros game when we came back in game two with my best friends.

My mom took me to a game on my 21st birthday against the Mariners and Randy Johnson…. Went to Lawrence for drinks, went back to the airport area, slept for a couple hours, and went to Hawaii for a second 21st birthday with mom.

And this year, me and my buddy Keith saw the Royals win in the 9th…

I have so many more memories, but let’s talk!
GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.
Old 06-16-2024, 10:59 AM   #31
Supporter

My best friend is a royal fan and we drove the 300 miles several times in the 70's. I was lucky enough to witness Jim Colburn's no-hitter as well as John Mayberry hitting for the cycle. Both in the same 1977 season.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2024, 01:41 PM   #32
Champion Golfer Of The Year

The following summer I was in the same league and the Royals acquired Amos Otis from the mets. He quickly became the hero of little kids all over.

Baseball traditionalists would look down upon AO because he went against the grain by catching fly balls with one hand instead of using the bare hand to close the glove. I'm pretty sure every kid in my league to a ration of shit for imitating that one hand grab even in practice.

During our mid season little league celebration we got to see the Orioles play in Municipal had to be 72 cause they were still in the old stadium.

First inning and Bobby Grich hits a deep fly to straight away CF. AO turns and makes hay to bring it in. Only problem? No warning track ( a feature that would cost Tom Poquette in the new stadium also) and AO went full speed into the CF wall. The ball bounced high off the wall and AO crumpled at the base. I thought he was dead.

Grich ended up with a triple. Mike Cuellar pitched for the O's that day. His name was so unique that all the kids were trying to pronounce it Q-ellAR? Eventually a parent or the PA guy got us all set straight.

For years my brothers doubted that this injury ever happened and then Denny Matthews referenced the very play in his book in the late 90's.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old 06-16-2024, 01:56 PM   #33
EvOlVeD

five games in four days when i was around 12 years old. two double headers and a single game in between.
Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 06-16-2024, 01:59 PM   #34
The Guy With The Goats

I don't remember who the Royals were playing but George Brett was up to bat and hit a guided missile straight to the pitcher's nutsack. Dude hit the ground like a thrown sack of flour.

IIRC the pitcher had to leave the game.
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-16-2024, 02:20 PM   #35
Keep Camp Home!

I also remember yelling loudly " heyyy woooodddyyyyy!!!!" Real loud at Rafael palmeiro and him calling time, stepping out and staring down at me.
cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-16-2024, 03:12 PM   #36
Cheat Death

I've mentioned this here before, and while probably super weird for me to put out there, as a kid from a really small town in KS that was too young to even know the players I literally remember seeing my first "real life" black person at Kauffman. Of course I commented and I do remember my dad being super pissed at me about it but I also remember the man as being really friendly towards me.

Later on as a kid my dad took me to see a game featuring the San Diego Chicken and because I'm whole ass Gen X I actually got lost in the stadium because my parents gave **** all about what I was doing. Security finally tracked me down and brought me back to my mom who was super ****ing pissed.

I also saw Dave Winfield hit for the cycle in 91.

I'm about to hop on a call with my dad so I'll ask him about these and maybe some stuff I've forgotten about.

Then there were games when I was in college where me and a couple guys would cut out of work and grab same day GA tickets. We'd sneak in our own beers and have a great time.

I lost my mom when she was only 53. I was grown enough that I bought season tix for my dad and I so we could spend time together after that. Those were the 100 loss 2000's seasons but I'll always love those games.

I kept those season tix after I relocated to Chicago so saw the playoffs and WS. Gordon's HR, Escobar's inside the parker...those stand out but as I look back over time they probably weren't the best times I had at the K.

We have an engraved brick outside with our families names on it which they did during the renovation. I got one sitting behind me now and I obviously need to dust it because its catching me...
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 03:21 PM   #37
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
I've mentioned this here before, and while probably super weird for me to put out there, as a kid from a really small town in KS that was too young to even know the players I literally remember seeing my first "real life" black person at Kauffman. Of course I commented and I do remember my dad being super pissed at me about it but I also remember the man as being really friendly towards me.

Later on as a kid my dad took me to see a game featuring the San Diego Chicken and because I'm whole ass Gen X I actually got lost in the stadium because my parents gave **** all about what I was doing. Security finally tracked me down and brought me back to my mom who was super ****ing pissed.

I also saw Dave Winfield hit for the cycle in 91.

I'm about to hop on a call with my dad so I'll ask him about these and maybe some stuff I've forgotten about.

Then there were games when I was in college where me and a couple guys would cut out of work and grab same day GA tickets. We'd sneak in our own beers and have a great time.

I lost my mom when she was only 53. I was grown enough that I bought season tix for my dad and I so we could spend time together after that. Those were the 100 loss 2000's seasons but I'll always love those games.

I kept those season tix after I relocated to Chicago so saw the playoffs and WS. Gordon's HR, Escobar's inside the parker...those stand out but as I look back over time they probably weren't the best times I had at the K.

We have an engraved brick outside with our families names on it which they did during the renovation. I got one sitting behind me now and I obviously need to dust it because its catching me...
These are the best stories.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 03:24 PM   #38
Supporter

1985 World Series game 7. They routed the Cardinals and won their first World Series championship. Nothing will ever top that for me.
jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2024, 03:42 PM   #39
Diablo Negro

In 2009i (I think could have been 2010) I met John McDonald at a dinner beer tasting event in Joplin when they put out the Smokestack series beers.

I told him I was going to KC for the Royals Cards series the next day and he gave me a signed business card to let me into the Boulevard Tent on the Saturday game to hang out pregame. It was all employees and distributors and beer people.

We got there and started hanging and drinking free beer before the game and wouldn't you know there was a 2 hour rain delay so we got rocked in the tent with all of them prior to the game. Good times.

I don't remember shit about the game LOL.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2024, 03:50 PM   #40
Veteran

My friend's 8th birthday party at Royals Stadium in August 1977 during a great season. We had a blast, and not only were we front page of the KC Star the next morning-- we waited outside the tunnel after the game and I got GB5 to sign my Grand Slam game day program.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Royals Birthday.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	127564  

Last edited by Cheater5; 06-16-2024 at 04:03 PM..
Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-16-2024, 03:53 PM   #41
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheater5 View Post
My friend's 8th birthday party at Royals Stadium in August 1977 during a great season. We had a blast, and not only we're front page of the KC Star the next morning-- we waited outside the tunnel after the game and I got GB5 to sign my Grand Slam game day program.
That's awesome.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2024, 04:56 PM   #42
Be Kind To Your Pets

I took my dad to game seven of the 1985 World Series to pay him back for all the baseball games he took me to as a kid. It was SRO, and we stood in the lower level (top of the lower level) right behind home plate. KC's mayor at the time Richard Berkley stood right next to us the whole game, and I bought him a beer. My dad was hopping around like a little kid when they won. Happiest I've ever seen him.
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 08:00 PM   #43
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post
I took my dad to game seven of the 1985 World Series to pay him back for all the baseball games he took me to as a kid. It was SRO, and we stood in the lower level (top of the lower level) right behind home plate. KC's mayor at the time Richard Berkley stood right next to us the whole game, and I bought him a beer. My dad was hopping around like a little kid when they won. Happiest I've ever seen him.
I had two tickets to that game and gave them up for a customer as suggested by the owner of our company.

The great thing about the Royals back then is you could watch about every game on TV (in Wichita)
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2024, 08:13 PM   #44
The Insider

July 1994 right before the strike. A Kevin Appier vs Jack McDowell pitcher dual on Monday Night Baseball. In the 12th inning, Bob Hamelin hits a walkoff bomb in the 12th inning.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2024, 08:21 PM   #45
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish View Post
The following summer I was in the same league and the Royals acquired Amos Otis from the mets. He quickly became the hero of little kids all over.

Baseball traditionalists would look down upon AO because he went against the grain by catching fly balls with one hand instead of using the bare hand to close the glove. I'm pretty sure every kid in my league to a ration of shit for imitating that one hand grab even in practice.

During our mid season little league celebration we got to see the Orioles play in Municipal had to be 72 cause they were still in the old stadium.

First inning and Bobby Grich hits a deep fly to straight away CF. AO turns and makes hay to bring it in. Only problem? No warning track ( a feature that would cost Tom Poquette in the new stadium also) and AO went full speed into the CF wall. The ball bounced high off the wall and AO crumpled at the base. I thought he was dead.

Grich ended up with a triple. Mike Cuellar pitched for the O's that day. His name was so unique that all the kids were trying to pronounce it Q-ellAR? Eventually a parent or the PA guy got us all set straight.

For years my brothers doubted that this injury ever happened and then Denny Matthews referenced the very play in his book in the late 90's.
I was in the right field bleachers when that horrible injury happened.
It was July 23, 2 days before the All-Star Game. https://www.baseball-reference.com/b...97207230.shtml

Last edited by DanT; 06-16-2024 at 08:30 PM..
DanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli