Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-07-2024, 12:27 AM  
I'll **** anything that moves!

Late Night After Work Car Problems

Son of a bitch…

Finished work tonight, and on the 4 mile drive home, the battery light goes on, then the RPM’s seem to behave a bit strangely, the radio starts to say **** it I’m out, the airbag light goes on, the ABS light goes on, the headlights dim, and I park the car at the house, and the driver’s side window won’t go up. Pull the keys, put the keys back in to try to get the window down, and now it works.

Car has been running like a top with barely any problems ever. Alternator was checked a few months ago and was fine. Battery is only about 16 months old. Was going to get the timing belt changed in a few weeks when the next service is due. Just got back from driving back and forth to KC and now this? What the hell man?

Hallelujah, and holy shit. Where’s the Tylenol?
GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.
Old 06-07-2024, 03:58 PM   #46
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm View Post
Well, 600 bucks later, I’ve got a new alternator and all is right in the world. Gonna self pull and take a nap.
Glad you got it figured out. I’m not sure what self pull means but does the $600 include the alternator and labor?

I replaced mine about a year ago and was surprised how easy the job was. I am not a hands-on, mechanically-inclined guy and I was able to do it in about an hour solely on the strength of YouTube DIY vids.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-07-2024, 04:20 PM   #47

Yeah, $600 sounds a little pricey, but after looking things up online, it's pretty much par for the course. If I wasn't exhausted, I probably would've taken the time to do it myself, but even labor wasn't bad, only about a hundo, so for the total to come out to $600 after parts, labor and taxes, I don't feel like I got bent over. It's a small town, so I'm thankful they had the parts local, and it was done in a timely manner without having to hassle with renting a car or any of that horseshit. Just glad it's done, and not something more serious.
GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.
Old 06-07-2024, 09:44 PM   #48
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm View Post
Well, 600 bucks later, I’ve got a new alternator and all is right in the world. Gonna self pull and take a nap.
Otter says you were taken to the cleaners.
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-07-2024, 09:52 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by neech View Post
Cool. Jimmy crack corn...
Old 06-08-2024, 04:57 AM   #50
Live free or die hard

Quote:
Hey now, I didn't see the invoice for the repair. I simply speculated only the cost of an alternator swap based largely on my own circumstances.

There could have been other factors such as fluid leaks, electrical issues, towing and access as well as removal of other components to complete the repair just to name a few.

Speak for yourself, bucko.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 05:03 AM   #51
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
You were bamboozled!
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-08-2024, 06:11 AM   #52
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
Before you go too crazy replacing stuff, try cleaning the battery posts and connectors with a wirebrush
On top post batteries, I use those little red/black pads plus some grease on the posts. No corrosion. I've also heard that when you check your oil, go ahead and drip some oil from the dipstick on the posts to prevent corrosion.

Also, most OEM batteries are terrible. I replaced the one in my Honda and almost hurt myself taking it out. I was prepared to lift a heavy object and the thing was super light.
crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-08-2024, 07:29 AM   #53
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

You just don't know your fix it strength Kirk
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-08-2024, 10:07 AM   #54
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks View Post
Got a Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit diesel which until now had never given me any problems. Drove home from work last week, seemed to be running fine as always, turned it off in my garage and heard coolant bubbling. Looked at the gauge and it was fairly hot. Checked underneath the coolant reservoir and saw OIL dripping out pretty badly. Oil cooler malfunctioned and sent oil throughout my entire cooling system. Needed new oil cooler, thermostat, o-ring, all rubber hoses in the coolant system needed to be replaced, and needed a new radiator because oil had settled, coagulated and couldn't be flushed out. Total financial damage? $9,166.78. Warranty expired 5k miles ago. New President of OUCHtown - JohnnyHammersticks.
Go hit a Walmart light pole and call insurance Jesus **** that
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-14-2024, 04:50 PM   #55

Well shit…

Late night problems are now early afternoon problems.

On my way to go to the DMV and get my new Kansas license, and I start the car, it fires up, then putters down…. I start it up again, and once again it putters down, but now I smell gas.

Hop out, and sure enough, there’s a small gas leak coming from near the gas tank.

And of course it’s small town Kansas at nearly 2pm on a Friday, so I know I’m screwed. Get a tow to the service center, but they’re down two men and can’t get to it until tomorrow morning. No loaners and no rentals available. Sweet tap dancing Christ…

It’s only 95 out. It’s only two miles home. I’ll walk. Made it home, soaking wet, and now I have a weird pain in my left calf, it’s probably fine.

So I got someone to cover my shift at work tonight and someone to standby to cover me tomorrow. And now I’m going to get ****ing drunk. Momma said there’d be days like this…