Woodyard 6 5.26%
Smokehouse 5 4.39%
My Mom's house 5 4.39%
Gaz's house 3 2.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2023, 11:03 AM  
The Lurkiest

KC Bbq Tour

It looks like I Cassel'd my other thread so spin off here we go.

Your favorite Q and any recommendations therein.

This is my first poll I have attempted and the poll options were compiled off of a couple of online lists, so be gentle use lube and don't forget the reach around.
Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.
Old 05-29-2024, 05:13 PM   #196
Supporter

From a different Thread......
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_omega View Post
Done.

I saw Holy Smoke BBQ on the list, anyone know anything about them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
I have not been its in Leavenworth Kansas and looks like a proper BBQ joint. Also, reviews are positive.

It's not slathered with BBQ sauce that's a plus for me. I want that on the side. This is an observation from the photos on Google and Yelp.

alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 06:09 PM   #197
Voodoo Chile

Saw a piece online about Harp’s. Too lazy to read through the thread. Anyone have any experience with them? Worth the trip to Raytown?
JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-29-2024, 06:35 PM   #198
On one quarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake5676 View Post
That Blue's Hog is great. My favorite is the Tennessee Red they have...put it on some pulled pork and there's nothing better.
thats the one. its amazing sauce. its good for ribs too. although I use Bubbas hot sauce exclusively for pulled pork.

speaking of ribs... is Jack Stack the only place that serves beef short ribs and ribs of lamb?
Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 05-29-2024, 07:31 PM   #199
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNasium View Post
Saw a piece online about Harp’s. Too lazy to read through the thread. Anyone have any experience with them? Worth the trip to Raytown?
Very worth it and I have made my opinion it's better than any place I have been in the KC area.

srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-28-2024, 11:29 AM   #200
Supporter

Kansas City BBQ restaurant to open Lee’s Summit location in late 2025

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Q39 has officially announced plans to open its fourth location in Lee’s Summit. Plans are for a freestanding location which will be part of the 50-acre Oldham Village development, off Oldham Parkway, southwest of Missouri Route 291 and U.S Highway 50.

The new location is set to open in the later months of 2025.

The new location will join the two existing Q39 locations in Kansas City and Overland Park, as well as a third location opening later this year in Lawrence, which will be in the former Lawrence Journal-World building.

Q39 is excited to bring its competition-style BBQ to Lee’s Summit. The restaurant will have a full-size kitchen designed to accommodate dine-in, a robust carry-out business and catering. There are also plans for a large outdoor seating area.

https://fox4kc.com/news/kansas-city-...-in-late-2025/
alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-28-2024, 04:56 PM   #201
Repeal the 19th Amendment

Where to prioritize BBQ stops for long weekend in KC?

The wife and I are excited to return to KC for the first time in far too long, for a long weekend the end of July. We feasted on delicious KC BBQ for years as Kansas Citians--living in Leawood/OP put us smack dab in the sweet spot of Joe's KC, Q39, and Jack's Stack. We relocated to Austin in 2017 and gorged ourselves on Central Texas style BBQ. We're still in Texas, but without nearly as many good options for BBQ in the RGV.

We've never been to Harp, and that seems quite tempting. It will be hard not to hit up the old stomping grounds at Joe's and Q39. We also liked visits to BB's Lawnside, primarily for their Bloody Mary's.

What BBQ spots make the cut for likely just a shortlist of two joints? (We have other, non-BBQ restaurants to hit up also.) I thought we'd first stop at the OG Joe's before the Royals game on July 26. But perhaps Harp is the better opportunity?

As an aside: Central Texas style BBQ is also fantastic. Austin is loaded with great options. I assumed Franklin BBQ would prove overrated, but their brisket lived up to the hype (that was about it, though). And if you do it right there is no need to stand in a ridiculous line all day long. Snow's BBQ in Lexington, TX was downright amazing, hard to beat. And Tejas Chocolate + BBQ in Tomball, TX is among our favorites (with an incredible carrot soufflé dessert--yes, so good).

Spoiler!
GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-28-2024, 08:20 PM   #202
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeZimZam View Post
The wife and I are excited to return to KC for the first time in far torged ourselves on Central Texas style BBQ. We're still in Texas, but without nearly as many good options for BBQ in the RGV.

We've never been to Harp, and that seems quite tempting. It will be hard not to hit up the old stomping grounds at Joe's and Q39. We also liked visits to BB's Lawnside, primarily for their Bloody Mary's.

What BBQ spots make the cut for likely just a shortlist of two joints? (We have other, non-BBQ restaurants to hit up also.) I thought we'd first stop at the OG Joe's before the Royals game on July 26. But perhaps Harp is the better opportunity?

As an aside: Central Texas style BBQ is also fantastic. Austin is loaded with great options.
I’ve been to Austin several times and I like the style of BBQ there. I’ve only tried Franklin once, but the brisket was excellent as expected. The ribs were overcooked IMO though, a bit mushy. It’s been a while so I don’t remember much else.

I’ve only been to Harp once, but remember the brisket as being quite good. I would also recommend Chef J’s. The brisket and ribs were both excellent, as were the sides.
Snerd is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Snerd is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Snerd is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Snerd is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Snerd is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Snerd is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2024, 08:23 PM   #203
Repeal the 19th Amendment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snerd View Post
I’ve been to Austin several times and I like the style of BBQ there. I’ve only tried Franklin once, but the brisket was excellent as expected. The ribs were overcooked IMO though, a bit mushy. It’s been a while so I don’t remember much else.

I’ve only been to Harp once, but remember the brisket as being quite good. I would also recommend Chef J’s. The brisket and ribs were both excellent, as were the sides.
Thank you for the info and the introductory post!
GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old Yesterday, 12:11 PM   #204
In Search of a Life

Meat Mitch BBQ at 3620 W 95th Street in Leawood is pretty darn good!

https://meatmitchbbq.com/
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.