Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-10-2023, 08:45 PM  
MVP

2024 WR Class

Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 03-24-2024 at 01:08 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-21-2024, 08:31 PM   #2206
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
"Not available through our consumer subscription..."

Only teams can get access to it.

So...**** right off, PFF.
That's crazy! WTF!?

Most of the metrics they track aren't available on their site with a sub! ...The draft guide is great! Shows a lot of info, full route trees etc... but why isn't that shit on the site!?
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 08:36 PM   #2207
In Mahomes I trust!

Quote:
"Not available through our consumer subscription..."

Only teams can get access to it.

So...**** right off, PFF.
Just noticed that!
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-21-2024, 08:37 PM   #2208
In Mahomes I trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
That's crazy! WTF!?

Most of the metrics they track aren't available on their site with a sub! ...The draft guide is great! Shows a lot of info, full route trees etc... but why isn't that shit on the site!?
Sorry my man, did not notice that.
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-21-2024, 10:10 PM   #2209
MVP

Chris Simms Rankings

1. Nabers
2. Thomas Jr
3. Harrison Jr
4. Odunze
5. R Wilson
Old 03-22-2024, 06:12 AM   #2210
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post
The current void at LT makes me a bit on edge…��
I wonder if KC has an agreement in principal in place for Donovan Smith that is waiting final structuring dependent on what happens with Sneed.
Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-22-2024, 07:42 AM   #2211
MVP

I went and watched Mitchell again. I saw Sikkema talking about how hes a great route runner. I watched him vs Alabama. I just dont see him as an elite route runner maybe inconsistent. Maybe I took what he said with too much weight. I love the prospect but he just looked inconsistent down in and down out. I'm not nearly as good at this as some of you, help me see what im missing.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-22-2024, 08:58 AM   #2212
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
I went and watched Mitchell again. I saw Sikkema talking about how hes a great route runner. I watched him vs Alabama. I just dont see him as an elite route runner maybe inconsistent. Maybe I took what he said with too much weight. I love the prospect but he just looked inconsistent down in and down out. I'm not nearly as good at this as some of you, help me see what im missing.
I definitely think he executes differently when he knows he's getting the ball. That is coachable. But watch him create separation against the first round corners. Roasted Arnold twice resulting in holding calls. Roasted McKinstry on the goal line touchdown, through I think the safety blew his assignment to provide inside help there.

And on the deep TD, watch him plant the foot to threaten the corner outside, causing the corner to flip his hips. Mitchell then turns on the burners and roasts him inside. He is pretty nuanced, imo, with the use of acceleration just as soon as he gets the corner where he wants him.

People indicate that they don't see his speed on tape. I would agree that he he plays faster when he knows he's getting the ball and that he doesn't try to out race the corners. He likes to kill them by getting them out of position and then creating separation. I think that skill will play more in the NFL and specifically with Patrick.
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 10:03 AM   #2213
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
I definitely think he executes differently when he knows he's getting the ball. That is coachable. But watch him create separation against the first round corners. Roasted Arnold twice resulting in holding calls. Roasted McKinstry on the goal line touchdown, through I think the safety blew his assignment to provide inside help there.

And on the deep TD, watch him plant the foot to threaten the corner outside, causing the corner to flip his hips. Mitchell then turns on the burners and roasts him inside. He is pretty nuanced, imo, with the use of acceleration just as soon as he gets the corner where he wants him.

People indicate that they don't see his speed on tape. I would agree that he he plays faster when he knows he's getting the ball and that he doesn't try to out race the corners. He likes to kill them by getting them out of position and then creating separation. I think that skill will play more in the NFL and specifically with Patrick.
Just stop with the shitty one game narrative that MM was trying to use. It's ridiculous and lazy. Go look at the bulk of the rest of the games where he couldn't torch #2s that won't get drafted.

He isn't a crisp route runner, he rounds everything. Nuanced, yes. He does vary his speed somewhat to get CBs off guard and I agree that has play. He also doesn't drop balls which is big. He has a long way to go as a route runner and with consistency, let's not sugar-coat that shit "because 'Bama."

Not playing fast on tape isn't a maybe, it's an absolute. It's also not restricted to when he doesn't get the football.

That doesn't mean I think he has no chance to crack the 1st because he does but he has some major warts, which you wouldn't think reading the takes around here.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-22-2024, 10:05 AM   #2214
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Just stop with the shitty one game narrative that MM was trying to use. It's ridiculous and lazy. Go look at the bulk of the rest of the games where he couldn't torch #2s that won't get drafted.

He isn't a crisp route runner, he rounds everything. Nuanced, yes. He does vary his speed somewhat to get CBs off guard and I agree that has play. He also doesn't drop balls which is big. He has a long way to go as a route runner and with consistency, let's not sugar-coat that shit "because 'Bama."

Not playing fast on tape isn't a maybe, it's an absolute. It's also not restricted to when he doesn't get the football.

That doesn't mean I think he has no chance to crack the 1st because he does but he has some major warts, which you wouldn't think reading the takes around here.
I think he's capable but just rarely showed it. I was surprised with a few of his block effort wise based on what I had seen when he wasn't getting the ball. He's got first round size and speed and that with the highlights probably get him in the first round, but man he left a lot on the table imo.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-22-2024, 10:12 AM   #2215
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:

Isn't that just the shit you have to eat at 32, though?

I mean without some of those technique/effort issues, is he an appreciably different physical talent to Odunz? I don't know that he is. And that's a top 10 pick.

So if you want that kind of raw talent, you have to take the gamble on the play speed question and hope that through coaching and being challenged, he'll step up to play at a more consistent level.

Or you just draft more floor and take someone like McConkey, no?

I mean I'm going OT in all probability in the first. But if I'm looking at WRs at the back of 1 and he's there, he's probably the best raw talent available and a guy who's physical ability shouldn't be there at 32.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2024, 10:20 AM   #2216
MVP

Quote:
Isn't that just the shit you have to eat at 32, though?

I mean without some of those technique/effort issues, is he an appreciably different physical talent to Odunz? I don't know that he is. And that's a top 10 pick.

So if you want that kind of raw talent, you have to take the gamble on the play speed question and hope that through coaching and being challenged, he'll step up to play at a more consistent level.

Or you just draft more floor and take someone like McConkey, no?

I mean I'm going OT in all probability in the first. But if I'm looking at WRs at the back of 1 and he's there, he's probably the best raw talent available and a guy who's physical ability shouldn't be there at 32.
I can get his length and speed in Walker or Leggett in round 2. It's not all about size/speed for me. There's a lot more to talent than that and attitude goes a really long way. He has better hands than Walker. I don't think he separates better though. He's faster than a guy like Polk but does he do anything else better? I don't think so. The list goes on. Do I think he's an "alpha?" No. **** no. He doesn't have an alpha attitude. So yeah, I think you're projecting him significantly on physical traits. That could easily blow up in your face.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-22-2024, 10:55 AM   #2217
MVP

Quote:

I don't think giving my perspective on what I have watched is lazy. Terrion Arnold is a consensus top CB in the draft and Mitchell torched him all game. Of course I am going to focus on those reps. And just because he doesn't "look" fast on tape, doesn't mean he's not - its ****ing relative. We was CLEARLY running away from Terrion Arnold, who runs a 4.5. So in those terms - he plays faster than he looks, and a lot of that is related to acceleration IN GAME and the fact that he gets defenders out of position.

I was a little curious so I even went and looked at PFFs new Game Athleticism Score - and wouldn't you know who Number 2 is on that list?

You have also pitched a fit because of how personal it gets around here; maybe look in the mirror, pal. Just because we disagree doesn't make me lazy and ridiculous. Further, I ain't the only guy who has AD Mitchell as a top 5 WR. Go look around.
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-22-2024, 11:00 AM   #2218
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
I don't think giving my perspective on what I have watched is lazy. Terrion Arnold is a consensus top CB in the draft and Mitchell torched him all game. Of course I am going to focus on those reps. And just because he doesn't "look" fast on tape, doesn't mean he's not - its ****ing relative. We was CLEARLY running away from Terrion Arnold, who runs a 4.5. So in those terms - he plays faster than he looks, and a lot of that is related to acceleration IN GAME and the fact that he gets defenders out of position.
Clyde demonstrated the risk of doing this really well for me.

I remember after we drafted him re-watching some of his stuff and saying "Oh man, that dude probably cost Trevon Diggs 15 spots in the draft by just massacring him repeatedly..."

Turns out Diggs is really good afterall. MEH isn't.

Sometimes guys just have bad days. Or they're bad matchups. I don't think it's a completely useless exercise but i do think there's a little less utility to it than I used to.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2024, 11:12 AM   #2219
MVP

Quote:
Clyde demonstrated the risk of doing this really well for me.

I remember after we drafted him re-watching some of his stuff and saying "Oh man, that dude probably cost Trevon Diggs 15 spots in the draft by just massacring him repeatedly..."

Turns out Diggs is really good afterall. MEH isn't.

Sometimes guys just have bad days. Or they're bad matchups. I don't think it's a completely useless exercise but i do think there's a little less utility to it than I used to.
It isn't just against Alabama - both Kool-Aid and Terrion.
You can see he relishes the one on one mind games in his tape. This is something I distinctly remember Jerry Rice speaking to when he reflected on his career - being patient and exploiting the defender when he bites. He makes good use of trigger steps, dropping his hips and chin while maintaining the balance to accelerate when the defender bites. Clearly, AD Mitchell doesn't have Jerry's feet - but I do think he loves that one-on-one exploitive style. He clearly needs to work on his ability to exploit zone coverage, however, and at the Collegiate level, they run a lot more zone than in the NFL.
Old 03-22-2024, 11:13 AM   #2220
MVP

To Crow's point, I actually like RD 2 better for WR. Feels like we'd be taking a bit of a risk with the guys at the bottom of RD 1.

To DJ's point, some of the same guys would be considered steals 10-20 pick later so maybe we just need to take one at the end of RD 1 and be happy with it.

I like Franklin, Coleman, Legette, & Burton most.

Will be interesting to see how the league feels abut the WR board.