Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-22-2021, 02:49 PM   #2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
I didn't see why old Spock needed to be in the movie, but other than that, it was good. Fantastic score, too.

It gives the continuity obsessed nerds in the fan base an excuse to believe that everything all still fits together.
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-22-2021, 03:24 PM   #3
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mennonite View Post
It gives the continuity obsessed nerds in the fan base an excuse to believe that everything all still fits together.
The story wouldn't have worked without older Spock, so I completely disagree with your premise.

Shatner was originally intended to be in the reboot as well but Abrams ended up cutting that scene.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-22-2021, 04:24 PM   #4
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
The story wouldn't have worked without older Spock, so I completely disagree with your premise.

Shatner was originally intended to be in the reboot as well but Abrams ended up cutting that scene.

What I'm saying is is that they wanted to have their cake and eat it too. On the one hand they want to do a reboot, but on the other they want to draw in as many of the old fans as possible. So instead of having a clean reboot, you say "Actually this is a divergent timeline - all the old stuff still exists." This kind of distinction is very important to some Trek fans.
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-22-2021, 05:54 PM   #5
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mennonite View Post
What I'm saying is is that they wanted to have their cake and eat it too. On the one hand they want to do a reboot, but on the other they want to draw in as many of the old fans as possible. So instead of having a clean reboot, you say "Actually this is a divergent timeline - all the old stuff still exists." This kind of distinction is very important to some Trek fans.
"They" are JJ Abrams, not Paramount.

I went to the premiere of the film at Arclight Hollywood back in 2009. At least half the audience was dressed in original series uniforms and everyone seemed to have a great time but of course, any fan base is going to have criticisms from the hardcore fans because it's just impossible to make everyone happy.

I didn't really have a problem with the 2009 reboot and IIRC, the third movie was pretty decent. But they could have trotted out the entire original cast and people still would have been pissed off.

Again, it's impossible to make every fan happy.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote