Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-17-2020, 02:13 PM   #49786
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
I am pretty much on the record stating that I think lock downs are dumb but if you want to lock people down then you need to compensate the businesses and employees.

I guess that's just uncaring of me wanting people to be able to eat, have a place to live a job, etc.

You on the other hand would have people literally starving in the streets. I just don't know why you go on, endlessly pretending otherwise?
Again, none of this has jack shit to do with the numbers. Which is why it's asinine that every few days we have to endure 5 pages of you debating whether they're accurate or not. It's not going to change your opinion. It's not going to change my opinion. So why do you keep wasting everyone's time?
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-17-2020, 02:17 PM   #49787
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
. So why do you keep wasting everyone's time?
jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 02:17 PM   #49788
Supporter

Quote:
Again, none of this has jack shit to do with the numbers. Which is why it's asinine that every few days we have to endure 5 pages of you debating whether they're accurate or not. It's not going to change your opinion. It's not going to change my opinion. So why do you keep wasting everyone's time?
Why do you? I just asked a question and you are in the throws of a temper tantrum about it.

But you didn't waste the chance to use said "pointless post" to accuse me of being uncaring and what not.

If you don't like a post I make ignore it, okay? But don't spend pages of crying about me allegedly wasting people's time then pretend how you aren't doing the same.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-17-2020, 02:24 PM   #49789
In Search of a Life

Quote:
That's not what I asked......but why couldn't it?
Viral infections have long been known to potentially have cardiovascular effects, so it could very well cause you to have an MI.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 02:25 PM   #49790
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Why do you? I just asked a question and you are in the throws of a temper tantrum about it.

But you didn't waste the chance to use said "pointless post" to accuse me of being uncaring and what not.

If you don't like a post I make ignore it, okay? But don't spend pages of crying about me allegedly wasting people's time then pretend how you aren't doing the same.
My issue is that this thread is really valuable and useful when people are discussing issues of actual importance. How are the vaccines doing? How is distribution doing? What strategies are working?

And then there's Pete who comes in and re-hashes the same arguments you've been having with people for NINE MONTHS. You alone are responsible for nearly ONE IN TEN posts in this thread. And if you'd like to compare, you have more posts in this thread alone than I have in all of ChiefsPlanet in the past THREE YEARS.

When someone dominates a discussion to that extent, it's just plain impossible to ignore.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 02:26 PM   #49791
I love your mom

Quote:
I am pretty much on the record stating that I think lock downs are dumb but if you want to lock people down then you need to compensate the businesses and employees.

I guess that's just uncaring of me wanting people to be able to eat, have a place to live a job, etc.

You on the other hand would have people literally starving in the streets. I just don't know why you go on, endlessly pretending otherwise?
How else do you keep people from spreading a deadly virus? the no lockdown crowd is also the no government handout crowd.

Masked or not if people are around other people it will spread, you try and reduce that spread to a point where the system can cope with the numbers ,if they can't you need to try something else, most likely way is to have less people being around other people .
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 02:30 PM   #49792
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
How else do you keep people from spreading a deadly virus? the no lockdown crowd is also the no government handout crowd.

Masked or not if people are around other people it will spread, you try and reduce that spread to a point where the system can cope with the numbers ,if they can't you need to try something else, most likely have less people being around other people .
No, the no lock down crowd is not just the no government crowd. That's you once again having to pigeon hole people that don't agree with you.

Lock every thing down.

Who is paying the rents, mortgages, bills, salaries? Who is buying food? Who is teaching the kids?

See, it's real easy to say "lock it all down" when you sit at home collecting a check. Meanwhile you have no problems making people homeless and starve.

petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-17-2020, 02:33 PM   #49793
In Search of a Life

Quote:
No, the no lock down crowd is not just the no government crowd. That's you once again having to pigeon hole people that don't agree with you.

Lock every thing down.

Who is paying the rents, mortgages, bills, salaries? Who is buying food? Who is teaching the kids?

See, it's real easy to say "lock it all down" when you sit at home collecting a check. Meanwhile you have no problems making people homeless and starve.

Keep it all open and let the chips fall where they may. Wonder how that would have turned out?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 02:33 PM   #49794
Supporter

Quote:
My issue is that this thread is really valuable and useful when people are discussing issues of actual importance. How are the vaccines doing? How is distribution doing? What strategies are working?

And then there's Pete who comes in and re-hashes the same arguments you've been having with people for NINE MONTHS. You alone are responsible for nearly ONE IN TEN posts in this thread. And if you'd like to compare, you have more posts in this thread alone than I have in all of ChiefsPlanet in the past THREE YEARS.

When someone dominates a discussion to that extent, it's just plain impossible to ignore.
Quality post. Compelling and rich.
Old 12-17-2020, 02:34 PM   #49795
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Keep it all open and let the chips fall where they may. Wonder how that would have turned out?
100's of millions of people without homes, jobs and starving....

Wonder how that would have turned out?
Old 12-17-2020, 02:37 PM   #49796
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Millions of people without homes, jobs and starving....

I was legitimately asking, but I guess I should have known better.

As we've seen, with this much viral spread in the community, people aren't exactly jumping at going out and about.

We've seen again, as numbers in areas get high, people quit going out. If they'd have left it up to people, I think it may have turned out similarly, but businesses and such would still be suffering.
Old 12-17-2020, 02:38 PM   #49797
In Search of a Life

Quote:
100's of millions of people without homes, jobs and starving....

100's of millions of people? In America?
Old 12-17-2020, 02:40 PM   #49798
Supporter

Quote:
I was legitimately asking, but I guess I should have known better.

As we've seen, with this much viral spread in the community, people aren't exactly jumping at going out and about.

We've seen again, as numbers in areas get high, people quit going out. If they'd have left it up to people, I think it may have turned out similarly, but businesses and such would still be suffering.
You were not seriously asking. If you were it came off as rather rhetorical.

I have said this a hundred times and I will say it again, if you want to lock things down then fine. But you have to compensate the businesses and their employees and such.

I feel a lot better about it if a business suffers because people choose not to go out. That can happen at any time for any reason and does every few years because of simple economic swings.

That being said I am not a fan of shutting people down and tell them too ****ing bad when I have a pay check and I am not impacted by said edict.
Old 12-17-2020, 02:40 PM   #49799
Supporter

Quote:
100's of millions of people? In America?
345 million and growing!

Would it be better if I said 10's of millions??
Old 12-17-2020, 02:42 PM   #49800
In Search of a Life

Quote:
345 million and growing!

Would it be better if I said 10's of millions??
100's of millions of people homeless in america would be problematic.