Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-04-2020, 11:44 AM   #2
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post

I realize that movie theaters are far nicer, have much better sound systems, larger screens, reclining chairs and so on but there was just something special about seeing movies in the 70's and 80's - probably because there was more anticipation and 90% less content available than today.
I 100% agree with this.

There was an atmosphere about going to the movies when I was a kid. I remember begging my parents to take me and my brother to the movie theater to see Star Wars, for example. When we got there, the line was out the door and all the way around the building. It was an event.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-04-2020, 12:27 PM   #3
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
I 100% agree with this.

There was an atmosphere about going to the movies when I was a kid. I remember begging my parents to take me and my brother to the movie theater to see Star Wars, for example. When we got there, the line was out the door and all the way around the building. It was an event.
When Star Wars came out I lived in Jefferson City - the main theater there was the Ramada 4. It played there for a year and a half. They put "Star Wars" up over the door in big, blue wooden letters. They stayed there so long that when it finally stopped showing and they took the letters down, the paint had faded around them so you could still make out the words for another couple of years until they repainted.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 12:33 PM   #4
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
That's cool! I'll have to check that out.

I was fortunate in that my Dad LOVED taking us to movies all the time, from the Glenwood to Metcalf Theaters to Ranch Mart and Oak Park. The Trailridge Theater on 75th and Nieman in Shawnee became a $1 dollar theater in my early teens so we'd often go there during the school week to catch a movie.

I realize that movie theaters are far nicer, have much better sound systems, larger screens, reclining chairs and so on but there was just something special about seeing movies in the 70's and 80's - probably because there was more anticipation and 90% less content available than today.
Yep. The anticipation was high for most stuff. And a lot of us went in blind. Behind the scenes access wasn’t as available as today. About the only thing I remember reading was ‘Starlog’ magazine back in the 80s.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.