Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:09 AM   #42196
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
The task force guidelines were specific. 10 to 14 days of new case growth decline.

Do/did you disagree with that trigger for the beginning of phased re-opening?
Not necessarily, that was how it should have been done, but I also recognize why it wasn't.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:09 AM   #42197
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants View Post
I don't understand what you're suggesting. Of all the people on this forum, I figured you would understand public health more than basically anyone.

I guess in a vacuum and as a general statement, your post makes sense. It makes zero sense in real life applications, however.

It's virtually impossible to mitigate the spread of the virus at home. This is why you want to stop it from making it there to begin with.

I can't believe I actually have to type that.
Agenda clouding reason and logic.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:09 AM   #42198
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
When you go to the most extreme thing first, you don't know what to revise to reduce the rate.

Hence where we are now.

Arizona is a prime example of it.
I would argue that we didn't really go to the most extreme.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:10 AM   #42199
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Not necessarily, that was how it should have been done, but I also recognize why it wasn't.
It was done in New York, and it worked.

It wasn't done in other states, and it didn't work.

That's what the data show.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 10:14 AM   #42200
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I don't understand what you're suggesting. Of all the people on this forum, I figured you would understand public health more than basically anyone.

I guess in a vacuum and as a general statement, your post makes sense. It makes zero sense in real life applications, however.

It's virtually impossible to mitigate the spread of the virus at home. This is why you want to stop it from making it there to begin with.

Ideally, yes. You stop it from ever getting in there.

With where we were and are, thats not possible. Because of transmission dynamics of this thing, to outrun the lag times, you're gonna have to isolate people from their families and such if you really want to mitigate it or truly suppress it. It's public health 101, which is why the WHO initially recommended it.

Public health has to weigh all aspects of this thing though. It's not feasible here like it is in say China for obvious reasons though.

Again, we're forced to deal with the hand we are being dealt here. It's a tightrope.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:15 AM   #42201
Kind of a mod

Donger and Pete, do you guys work for a living? If I assume that you post once for every 3 minutes you're on here, you're up to around 140 and 190 hours of posting in this thread, respectively (and that's likely being conservative).

I just don't understand how you guys have so much time to spend in dominating the discussion in this thread.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 10:16 AM   #42202
In Search of a Life

Quote:
It was done in New York, and it worked.

It wasn't done in other states, and it didn't work.

That's what the data show.
There's evidence that it isn't that whats keeping things down there as much as it is they're at some level of immunity. Same as other hard hit areas around the world.

So no, thats not necessarily what the "data shows".
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 10:17 AM   #42203
In Search of a Life

Dirk here's a good breakdown on the SK study.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:18 AM   #42204
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Better compliance to recommendations of medical experts.
How long would depend on how well it worked.
Impossible to say, but better than what we've got now.
In other words you don't really know
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:23 AM   #42205
Supporter

Quote:

So where do you stop it? How? For how long? Are there ancillary effects to do such? If so what are they? What are the lasting effects of those?

I would say your take is a bit more in a vacuum than OC's.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:23 AM   #42206
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
There's evidence that it isn't that whats keeping things down there as much as it is they're at some level of immunity. Same as other hard hit areas around the world.

So no, thats not necessarily what the "data shows".
Ah, you think that New York has achieved herd immunity? Based on what?
Old 08-10-2020, 10:23 AM   #42207
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Donger and Pete, do you guys work for a living? If I assume that you post once for every 3 minutes you're on here, you're up to around 140 and 190 hours of posting in this thread, respectively (and that's likely being conservative).

I just don't understand how you guys have so much time to spend in dominating the discussion in this thread.
Yes, I do. On a conference call with a client right now.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:28 AM   #42208
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
In other words you don't really know
I don't know. Refer to the experts who are best positioned to make those decisions.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:31 AM   #42209
Time Keeps On Slipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
So where do you stop it? How? For how long? Are there ancillary effects to do such? If so what are they? What are the lasting effects of those?

I would say your take is a bit more in a vacuum than OC's.
What is O.city's take and what is my take?

Are you referring to everything he and I have stated so far in this thread of thousands upon thousands of posts or are you referring strictly to me addressing his statement of:

"You wanna stop the spread where the majority of the spread happens, no?"
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:34 AM   #42210
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Ah, you think that New York has achieved herd immunity? Based on what?
I don't know that they're fully at it. There's alot of misconceptions about HI though. It doesn't mean there won't be infections. There will be, it's endemic now, there always will be some.

But I think they've hit a certain level of immunity that it's leveled it way off and I'm not sure but what they hadn't gotten close to that before lockdown. It was so widespread and out of control there, they also likely had some over shot of the level, whatever that level is.

It will also be different for every area, so there isn't a set percent for the population as a whole I don't think.

But with how fast they came down and stayed down, along with all the other areas that locked down and some that didnt', I think that there's something going on with immunity around that 20% mark.

We dont' fully understand it yet though, so I don't think it's time to go back to business as usual for sure either.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote