Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-30-2020, 03:53 PM   #2
Forever Royal

Unhappiness occurs when expectations don’t match with reality. It’s up to you to correct that imbalance whether it’s changing expectations, reality, or both.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 03:59 PM   #3
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

First thing to do is get physical exercise every day. Best is first thing in the morning. Doesn't matter what your fitness level is. If you can walk half a mile do it every morning first thing. then get up to a mile. Then walk a mile and right afterward ride your bike that same mile.

If you already get activity every day increase it and keep pushing.

Everything in your life will be better if you get physical activity every day. Everything.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 04:01 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
First thing to do is get physical exercise every day. Best is first thing in the morning. Doesn't matter what your fitness level is. If you can walk half a mile do it every morning first thing. then get up to a mile. Then walk a mile and right afterward ride your bike that same mile.

If you already get activity every day increase it and keep pushing.

Everything in your life will be better if you get physical activity every day. Everything.
There was an episode of LA Law once that featured Arnie's morning routine before going to the office. It starts the episode. It's always stuck with me and I do none of it.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2020, 04:06 PM   #5
Supporter

I hit the wall right around 46-48 years of age. What I did is I started saving money like crazy and built up a separate account with full knowledge on what my next step would be. That next step was to quit my job. I took about 2 years off just working on the honey do list but also things like fishing and golfing. Eventually I was ready to jump back into the workforce. I took a slightly lesser job but less stressful than my previous employment and am loving it. It doesn't hurt my attitude any that I have a little over 2 1/2 years until I retire.

Take some time for yourself. Worked for me.
TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-30-2020, 04:08 PM   #6
go to work wasted

I'm there right now, just bought a house and over the past month I've been getting it ready to live in, moving shit, cleaning out my previous apartment etc. We are finally done with all of it, have a little bit of touch up to do on the apartment tomorrow before I turn the keys in.

Of course this heat is not helping anything. I don't want to do anything for the next month.
backinblack 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibackinblack 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibackinblack 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibackinblack 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibackinblack 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibackinblack 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibackinblack 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibackinblack 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibackinblack 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibackinblack 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibackinblack 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-30-2020, 04:10 PM   #7
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Been in the dumps more times than I can count. I think because I get bored so easily, which leads me to depression or just utter apathy. Either way, it's a bad place to be for me.

I won't bore you with my personal story, or stories really. And I can't tell you the magic spell that makes everything better. The only thing I can really say is you probably should find something to do that really forces you to be present (hate that damned word, but it fits).

I found a variety of hobbies, such as fly fishing, Muy Thai kick-boxing, fly-tying, reloading my own ammo, becoming a certified firearms instructor, prairie dog hunting, etc. But I don't think that's actually necessary for everyone to have more than one. It just has to be something that you really enjoy or that just occupies the creative/imaginative (possibly competitive) parts of your brain.

So for instance, I like fixing/maintaining/building things, so i can spend hours tinkering with the truck, or breaking down every gun in the house and cleaning/oiling every part and then putting them all back together. A month ago I decided to replace all the guts in every toilet in my mother's house as well as the seats and lids. I made it a project; I had my mother choose the colors/styles/functions of the seats, I did some research on what flush/fill valves/gaskets/putties/etc. were the best and a bunch of other stuff I normally wouldn't bother with.

It took two weeks to get to the buying part.

And then a whole weekend to install everything, but at the end of it I was actually smiling when I test-flushed the last toilet. Ridiculous I know, but I felt like I'd accomplished something and in the process made my mom's house a little more efficient (a couple of the toilets had been intermittently leaking/refilling for a while).

Lately I've been considering building a rifle. Don't need another one, but the time it will take to build it will occupy my mind and hands for weeks, if not months.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2020, 04:16 PM   #8
MVP

Wut?

That sounds like just another day in the world we live in to me.
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 04:19 PM   #9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 View Post
Wut?

That sounds like just another day in the world we live in to me.
There are many merits to a 4 day work week and the return of sabbaticals.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2020, 04:33 PM   #10
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Also,

smoke weed.

(detox, that was great).
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old 07-30-2020, 04:36 PM   #11
Banned

You look for your dreams in heaven
But what the hell are you supposed to do
When they come true?

- George Michael

Check the source and ponder it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu6G6nKhono
Old 07-30-2020, 04:48 PM   #12
21st Century Schizoid Fan

This is one of the best and most important threads in CP history
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 07:05 PM   #13
fides quaerens intellectum

Quote:
Originally Posted by siberian khatru View Post
This is one of the best and most important threads in CP history
No doubt. I’m bookmarking this stuff.
Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-30-2020, 04:49 PM   #14
oxymoron

I've been burned out so often that you can probably just call me a burnout at this point. For me it's always been my subconscious yelling at me that I'm not happy with my life, and me ignoring it, avoiding thinking about anything, just losing myself in video games and tv and books.

If I were you, I'd ask yourself what it is that you're not satisfied with, and try to find constructive ways to change those things. And it may be a lot of things. Your job. Your family life. The balance between the two. Where you live. How you spend your free time. Whatever they are, there's reasons why you're feeling the way you do. And they may be difficult to acknowledge or to face. But, as the saying goes, the only way out is through.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2020, 05:12 PM   #15
Mahomes Dynasty

I get burnout when I get off rotation from my job...I travel a lot...work 7 days on 7 days off pretty much.

When I get home off rotation...I don't wanna do shit, don't wanna cook, clean, run errands, go to the bank, etc. Especially the first couple days I sit on my ass and recollect and don't do a god damn thing.

Dunno if this is necessarily burnout per say, but my home has gone to trash, need to clean and haven't done it forever....get depressed when I think about it lol.
CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.