Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-16-2020, 01:25 PM   #4816
Shit

no schools here until at least april 1

my kids werent going anyway, i made that decision when i heard the super.'s message yesterday patting himself on the back for moving to 4 day weeks because it allowed them to clean really well on mondays...

i decided right then either he was a ****ing idiot or he thinks everyone else is and i dont trust him with the safety of my family.
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 01:26 PM   #4817
Chiefs

ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-16-2020, 01:29 PM   #4818
Mahomes or GTFO

Update.

My brother (who has had symptoms for the past few days) finally agreed to call the doctor. Doctor tells him to come in and get swabbed for the flu. His flu test is negative. Doctor tells him to go home and he will put him in touch with the state health board or whatever.

They call him. He lists his symptoms and then goes on to inform them that he was in NYC 10 days ago for work (I knew he had been traveling, but did not know to where...hadn't seen him in a couple weeks.) So he says they then get somewhat alarmed and tell him he needs to get tested.

They tell him someone from their team will call him back within the hour and tell him where to get tested.

Someone from the CDC, not the State, calls him back to inform him that they don't have enough tests in JoCo for him to be tested. That the test kits available are for high risk individuals.

And now the best part. His doctor's office will not allow them to come back in for a follow up or normal appointment because he and his household probably have this shit.

I'm not a doomsday prepper. I am not a conspiracy theorist.

But this, boys and girls, is SUPER ****ED.
Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 01:29 PM   #4819
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklandhater View Post
So, he self-quarantined over the weekend, got a positive today and makes a video with some chick two feet away from him?

Who is this guy?
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2020, 01:29 PM   #4820
Forever Royal

Great post, DJ.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-16-2020, 01:29 PM   #4821

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
I just ran some numbers and right now we are on pace to be about 1670 deaths below Italy if we maintain and reach the number of cases they have.

We are testing people with symptoms. Testing you now means dick if you're negative. You walk outside and talk to someone who has it and now we wasted a test on you and will eventually have to do another one.
We are not. In general we are testing people with symptoms who meet specific criteria, like recent travel to a hotspot country or contact with someone else who tested positive. We are just now getting into the drive thru testing and things like that. But the virus is already here and spreading.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 01:30 PM   #4822
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post
no schools here until at least april 1

my kids werent going anyway, i made that decision when i heard the super.'s message yesterday patting himself on the back for moving to 4 day weeks because it allowed them to clean really well on mondays...

i decided right then either he was a ****ing idiot or he thinks everyone else is and i dont trust him with the safety of my family.
My kids started their Online Schooling. All of the kids are in their "classrooms" for the middle school while the elementary schools are working with programs like Dreambox in addition to their regular assignments, which are turned in via email.

Both kids are enjoying it and FaceTiming friends on their breaks.

We'll see how they feel about it in a few months...
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2020, 01:31 PM   #4823
Mahomes > God

Trump saying this could last until "July to August, possibly longer"...wow...
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-16-2020, 01:31 PM   #4824
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
I guess we'll finally get answers to life long questions.....

How accurate was the Oregon Trail simulator?

Some people spent all of their money on TP, I spent all of mine on bullets and gas for my oxen.

TP guys won't make it to Ft Smith....
Can you shoot the virus in the face to eradicate it?
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2020, 01:31 PM   #4825
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
II think the 'do nothing' crowd has largely evaporated but I worry the 'lock it down' crowd is going to do just as much damage if we don't recognize that at some point the drive to be 'more concerned' than the last guy who suggested something is just going to prolong the inevitable and in all likelihood permanently scar the nation that emerges. As a nation we have to keep moving forward to get through this. Keeping everyone locked in their houses for a month or longer won't do it.

I suspect this will do nothing but convince everyone that I'm an idiot, but such is life.
No offense but I'll take Dr. Fauci's advice over yours.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2020, 01:32 PM   #4826
I’m a Mahomo!

I went out everyday the last week. I’ve went to the grocery store, restaurants & the mall.

Should I confine myself to my home now?
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2020, 01:33 PM   #4827
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
Here's what I'm wondering, assuming this stuff coming out that suggests asymptomatic people are actually the most contagious is true - what if we all just wore masks all the time in public until this is over? Doesn’t have to be N95, just the cheapy surgical ones. Govt could set up stations and hand them out.

Obviously it’s not going to stop everything from getting out - but if it catches the droplets that could make a big difference.
I'm really starting to think masks are the key, assuming people are contagious when they don't even feel sick, which is looking likely. Everyone already wears masks in Vietnam because of the pollution and they've hardly had any problems.

Just look at the contagion curves of the Asian countries. They're all wearing masks.

Again, a country of 96 million that borders China and trades more with China than any other country went 22 straight days without a new case of C-19 infection.

https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/co...s-4069186.html

Sure would be nice to just give everyone wearing masks in public a try for a while.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2020, 01:34 PM   #4828
I’m a Mahomo!

Listening to Soren Petro talk about the coronavirus makes me want to puke.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2020, 01:34 PM   #4829
World's Best Boss

In most cases, I’m with DJ here.

But when Strongside presents a real world example like this - it’s clear we have to have a stoppage until we can ****ing test the people in this country to see what we’re working with.

To steal a military analogy, if we proceed business as usual and try to “shoot our way out” - we’d be like Robert E. Lee deciding to shoot our way out from the bottom of a hill at Gettysburg, a battle which ultimately swung the war to the North,

We need to wait for a better vantage point. My hope is that we can find an antiviral that is somewhat effective, give widespread testing to folks, and then shoot our way out from there.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2020, 01:35 PM   #4830

tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.