Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-01-2019, 03:08 PM   #2
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Side Note: This thread makes me oddly nostalgic for some of the old restaurants that have closed down like Stephenson's Apple Orchard and The Golden Ox.
Yes!
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:41 PM   #3
Veteran

Quote:
Side Note: This thread makes me oddly nostalgic for some of the old restaurants that have closed down like Stephenson's Apple Orchard and The Golden Ox.

I can't say I went to either of them more than 3-4 times as a kid, but those were places that had been around for 50-60+ years and just couldn't survive the chain explosions. Now a lot of those chains are struggling and places that could make it through that lean stretch are recovering nicely.

Always happy to see places like that keep their lights on.
Speaking of KC restaurants that are no more, what was the name of the restaurant that was a little west of Metro North on the north side of Barry Road. It was set back off the road a bit and it looked like a country club. My memory of it may not be perfect because it was a long time ago, but I remember it being one of those places you go for prom and such. Hell, it may still exist, but I don’t think so. I never have the need to go to that part of town though, so I can’t be sure.
Third Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 10-01-2019, 03:44 PM   #4
The 23rd Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Eye View Post
Speaking of KC restaurants that are no more, what was the name of the restaurant that was a little west of Metro North on the north side of Barry Road. It was set back off the road a bit and it looked like a country club. My memory of it may not be perfect because it was a long time ago, but I remember it being one of those places you go for prom and such. Hell, it may still exist, but I don’t think so. I never have the need to go to that part of town though, so I can’t be sure.
I know the place you're talking about, but I don't think I ever knew the name and I haven't driven through that area in a long time.

Edit: I tried to find it on yelp with no luck so it might be gone.
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:52 PM   #5
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
I know the place you're talking about, but I don't think I ever knew the name and I haven't driven through that area in a long time.

Edit: I tried to find it on yelp with no luck so it might be gone.
I feel like it began with a “B”, but I’ll probably be proven wrong.
Third Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 10-01-2019, 04:01 PM   #6
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
I feel like it began with a “B”, but I’ll probably be proven wrong.
Bennigans?
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-01-2019, 10:56 PM   #7
Snacks Are Under My Apron

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Bennigans?
That Monte Cristo was fire
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:52 PM   #8
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Rembrandts? Looooong gone if it's the place I'm thinking of.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 03:54 PM   #9
Veteran

Quote:
Rembrandts? Looooong gone if it's the place I'm thinking of.
I feel like it may have rebranded as Rembrandt’s. That’s definitely not the name I remember it by though.

Edit: after looking at the map, that is definitely the place, but that is not the original name.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:56 PM   #10

Quote:
I feel like it may have rebranded as Rembrandt’s. That’s definitely not the name I remember it by though.
Looks like the building is still there; a real estate company appears to have taken it over.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.2464...7i16384!8i8192

2820 nw barry road. Not sure if that's the place you're thinking of but 'set off the road and looks like a country club'....well, this sure qualifies.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-01-2019, 04:05 PM   #11
Veteran

Quote:
Looks like the building is still there; a real estate company appears to have taken it over.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.2464...7i16384!8i8192

2820 nw barry road. Not sure if that's the place you're thinking of but 'set off the road and looks like a country club'....well, this sure qualifies.
That’s definitely the place, but I guess my memory regarding the name was off. I’ve been googling and everything refers to it being Rembrandt’s. That’s definitely a recognizable name too, so I’m not sure why something is still bugging me about it.
Old 10-02-2019, 12:16 AM   #12
Starter

Quote:
That’s definitely the place, but I guess my memory regarding the name was off. I’ve been googling and everything refers to it being Rembrandt’s. That’s definitely a recognizable name too, so I’m not sure why something is still bugging me about it.
It was originally called the Dinner Horn, then it became Rembrandts. As mentioned, now it's a real estate office.

Check out the old postcard -
https://www.ebay.com/itm/KANSAS-CITY...-/264103113634
asdf is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutasdf is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutasdf is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutasdf is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutasdf is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutasdf is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutasdf is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutasdf is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutasdf is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutasdf is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutasdf is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 07:36 AM   #13
It Goes On

Quote:
Rembrandt's

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 10-02-2019, 02:52 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
It was Rembrants. The other place on the east side of Metro North just off Barry Rd was Ivy's. Ivy's had really good food and was family owned.
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 02:56 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooge View Post
It was Rembrants. The other place on the east side of Metro North just off Barry Rd was Ivy's. Ivy's had really good food and was family owned.
Forgot about Ivy's.

We went there a time or two and yeah, I remember that place being fantastic.

Then again, I remember feeling like big shit when we went to Applebee's so that doesn't mean a whole lot...