Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-11-2019, 03:13 PM   #2
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx View Post
VLC taking 5 minutes to play a DVD???

The bigger question is how the hell you managed to install VLC and Windows 10 on an "IBM Compatible" 486.

/VLC is the only media player I use and recommend.
Well, it turns out it is probably the DVD I'm trying to play. It's a training video and has a menu page, and maybe it's just a pain on a PC. I tried other DVD's and they worked just fine...so...I guess I jumped the gun.

IT STILL SEEMS reerunED THAT WINDOWS 10 DOESN'T PLAY DVD'S NATIVELY...
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2019, 03:29 PM   #3
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell View Post
Well, it turns out it is probably the DVD I'm trying to play. It's a training video and has a menu page, and maybe it's just a pain on a PC. I tried other DVD's and they worked just fine...so...I guess I jumped the gun.

DVD decryption has famously had a stringent licensing scheme.
The owner [Philips, IIRC] wants a little $$ from each and every access point for the tech.

Every DVD player, . . . home theater, portable, auto, PC, etc. etc. pays a few $$ to Phillips for the tech. If MS wanted windows to play DVDs natively, they'd have to pay Phillips for every single software license in the market, solely for that functionality. Therefore PC players needed a software decryption solution. That's why Windows had a Media Center Edition, and why for so long PC DVD players came bundled with some shitty DVD player software. If you think back, even when Windows had DVD capability 'natively' you had to insert that shitty player software disc that came with the DVD player in order to 'authorize' the functionality.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2019, 11:17 AM   #4
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell View Post

Windows 10 is just plain reeruned
ChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli