Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-22-2017, 01:21 PM  
Starter

Tamba Hali is upset

MAG would the whole thing.MAG would the whole thing.MAG would the whole thing.MAG would the whole thing.MAG would the whole thing.MAG would the whole thing.MAG would the whole thing.MAG would the whole thing.MAG would the whole thing.MAG would the whole thing.MAG would the whole thing.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:39 PM   #286
MVP

Man, I've always thought our fanbase was a special kind of stupid - but reading these tweets replying to Tamba and encouraging him to continue melting down take the cake.

Terez Paylor is stoking the fire too. Almost seems like he had 1000 words written already to go and just needed to add the quotes from the tweets. Posted to the Star VERY quickly. And similar comments were made on some slapdick podcast that just coincidentally was posted today?

Quote:
Tamba Hali has held his tongue, and his frustration, in for a long time.

The time for that, however, has come to an end, as Hali not only questioned his lack of playing time down the stretch last season in a string of tweets on Saturday — which were authentic, sources told The Star — he also seemed to question a handful of his teammates’ decisions to skip organized team activities on a podcast which posted the same day.

“I’m not going to shy from it — I think it’s important, especially if you’re on our team and you’re one of our leaders — that you should be always there,” Hali said on the Arrowheads Abroad Podcast, which posted Saturday. “I don’t want to say names, but I’ve been there for 12th year, and I haven’t missed one offseason with the Chiefs.

“Whoever is on our team and is expected to be a leader, we need those guys there. Because the younger guys come in and see these guys like, ‘I want to be like him — he’s makes a lot of money and he’s here, he’s working.’ It builds such chemistry for our team. I’ve tried not to talk on it, but it really hurts my feelings because I know how much I love the game and I want those guys to be there so we can all get on the same page and make this run.”

Hali — who also eluded to this belief in a string of Tweets — did not name any of his teammates by name. However, three of the Chiefs’ Pro Bowl defenders — safety Eric Berry, outside linebacker Justin Houston and cornerback Marcus Peters — skipped all of organized team activities, while outside linebacker Dee Ford — who led the team in sacks and pressures a year ago — also skipped part of OTAs.

Meanwhile, Hali and fellow inside linebacker Derrick Johnson — two of the longest-tenured Chiefs — were present during OTAs, despite the fact neither participated in the practices.

“Sometimes, that chemistry is lost when you’re on your own time; you go somewhere else and do your own thing,” he said. “I understand it’s a business, but as far as football goes, when we’re on the field, there’s no business. The business is to get (butt) ... I encourage anyone that’s on our team, that feels they’re a leader, should be around our team, 24/7, when they’re supposed to be there.”

A source told The Star in January that Hali, 33, plans to play four more seasons, and his string of Tweets on Saturday were also indicative of a man who clearly believes he has more in the tank and was annoyed by his usage down the stretch last season after everything he’s given to the organization.

One thing that has stuck in Hali’s craw since January was the fact he logged only seven snaps — 10 fewer than defensive lineman Jarvis Jenkins and five fewer than Frank Zombo — in the Chiefs’ bitterly-dissappointing 18-16 divisional loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

“I’m a team player first,” Hali wrote on Twitter. “Anything for the team. Yet I’m not done knocking QB’s heads off but seven plays won’t cut it.”

That seven-snap performance came after he logged an average of 28 snaps in the last four regular-season games, and ranked third on the team in sacks (3 1/2) and pressures (nine) despite playing only 51 percent of the defensive snaps, down from 77 percent a year ago.

“I was told the reason I wasn’t playing was they wanted me fresh for the playoff,” Hali wrote.

Hali also noted that he played 58 snaps in the Chiefs’ season opener — their miraculous 33-27 comeback win over San Diego — and expressed frustration at logging only 15 snaps in a December win over Oakland, in which Houston and Ford logged 68 and 66 snaps, respectively.

“Am I needed in KC anymore?” he wrote.

For the last year and a half, the Chiefs have allowed Hali to sit out practices, which coach Andy Reid has repeatedly desribed in an attempt to save his balky knees.

Hali, however, also made it clear Saturday that he was healthy last season and the year before, and that he had a scope on them — not a major procedure.

“The result of playing for a long time,” he wrote.

So in his mind, using his knees as an excuse for his lack of playing time doesn’t fly.

“I’ve played through all my injuries I’ve acquired throughout my career, not sitting out because I did not feel I wouldn’t be at my best,” he wrote.

Hali then circled back to his years of service for the team, as the five-time Pro Bowler noted that while he’s been a Chief since 2006, he has a lengthy, distinguished record of showing up for workouts, even in the offseason, something he clearly feels should be appreciated.

“I haven’t missed any off-season workouts in 11 years w/the Chiefs,” he wrote. “I’ve played in every game except four in my 11-year career with the Chiefs.”

Hali then circled back to the Chiefs’ noticeable absences during OTAs, insinuating that the Chiefs’ defensive stars should have been there.

“Let’s look at the Super Bowl champs I am sure they had 100% attendance for OTAS AND OFFSEASON WORKOUTS this year,” he wrote, referring to the New England Patriots. “I may be wrong.”

Despite all that, Hali — who has a $8.5 million cap number this season and would actually to cost the team $333,334 in cap space to release — still made it clear he still wants to be a Chief this season, adding that this year’s team is “stacked” and he’s excited for the season. He just wants to contribute like he knows he can.

“So people are curious if I’m holding out or got cut — no to both,” Hali wrote. “I want to play more.

“I never played for money; please. I’m fed. I want more time on the field. Simple.”

The Chiefs will make chairman Clark Hunt, coach Andy Reid and new general manager Brett Veach available for interviews on Monday.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:41 PM   #287
Andy Reid Supporter

Saying it's not about money and then refusing to restructure to help the team financially is just a little hypocritical..
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:43 PM   #288
Rock Chalk Jayhawks! KU!!!

4 more seasons? $334k to release?

Bye, should of been released after the first tweet.
Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:43 PM   #289
Choco Favre

Tamba plans to play 4 more seasons?

Maybe if he plays 5 snaps per year
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:43 PM   #290
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 View Post
Funny how he eludes to how championship teams do things...

Well, Tamba...

Belichick would have cut your ass two years ago.
Leading up to the AFC divisional playoff game two seasons ago, the first player Belichick mentioned as being a concern to game plan against was Tamba Hali. He showered him with praise and I have never heard Belichick as complimentary about a player since Ed Reed. I'll take Bill's opinion on Tamba over most.
Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:45 PM   #291
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Northman View Post
Do you believe teams only rally around their best players? Because I can guarantee you that just because a guy might not have padded stats or the biggest contract in the room doesn't mean he can't earn a ton of respect and have a lot of influence on his teammates.
I think that guys play for themselves and themselves, only.

Hali isn't going to help Peters or Ford or anyone else earn more money, which is the reason that 70% or more of NFL players actually play football.

This "Love of the Game" bullshit is just that: Bullshit.

They play because they can. Period.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:45 PM   #292
MVP

Despite all that, Hali — who has a $8.5 million cap number this season and would actually to cost the team $333,334 in cap space to release

Is this true...I dont think it is. It cant be....
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:45 PM   #293
MVP

Quote:
Despite all that, Hali — who has a $8.5 million cap number this season and would actually to cost the team $333,334 in cap space to release — still made it clear he still wants to be a Chief this season, adding that this year’s team is “stacked” and he’s excited for the season. He just wants to contribute like he knows he can.

Wait, what?

This HAS to be a mistake.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:46 PM   #294
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Mr. Tamba Hali is a casualty of retread quarterbacks that have held this team down. Of course I do want to say too bad we didn't have him for the Trent Green years because really all we would have needed was one stop against Peyton Manning no punt game and we would have moved on in the playoffs where no one else could match our offense at that time.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:46 PM   #295
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC View Post
4 more seasons? $334k to release?

Bye, should of been released after the first tweet.

Drinking early today?
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:46 PM   #296
Ith Fuhtbawl Time

Tamba vs Teicher is my favorite thing that's happened to the Chiefs since Pioli had to sit outside the office and wait to get fired.
Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:46 PM   #297
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Northman View Post
Leading up to the AFC divisional playoff game two seasons ago, the first player Belichick mentioned as being a concern to game plan against was Tamba Hali. He showered him with praise and I have never heard Belichick as complimentary about a player since Ed Reed. I'll take Bill's opinion on Tamba over most.

Belichick's never been known to overhype an opposing player.

Good grief.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:47 PM   #298
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
Despite all that, Hali — who has a $8.5 million cap number this season and would actually to cost the team $333,334 in cap space to release

Is this true...I dont think it is. It cant be....
Yes, it's true
Old 07-22-2017, 04:47 PM   #299
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 View Post
Wait, what?

This HAS to be a mistake.
It's correct due to the guaranteed money
Old 07-22-2017, 04:49 PM   #300
In Search of a Life

I remember hearing the podcast back when that stuff came out but had forgotten about it
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.