Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM  
Veteran

It's 4th & 1

You can have any running back in NFL history. Who you going with?
MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 08:01 AM   #61
Threepeat!

Marcus Allen was a master of scoring a touchdown or getting a first down in short yardage situations. He was not very big, but he got the job done. Also, like the fact that he handed the ball to the ref after he scored. Old-school: “Act like you’ve been there before.” Combine all that with his distain for weird Al and I’d go with him. Priest Holmes and Dontarie Poe were both fun.
T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:34 AM   #62
Constable of Untruths

My mother in law. Nobody can stop that bitch once she gets a full head of steam.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:45 AM   #63
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Jamaal Charles is the all-time NFL leader in yards over expected per carry. He was actually 1.28 YPC over expected.

Only 4 backs in NFL history have even exceeded 1 YPC and Charles was a quarter yard better than that.

I mean I know he got stuck in the backfield sometimes...but not very often.

For me it comes down to Charles or Jim Brown. And I might just take Charles. His vision and balance through the hole was second to none.

Last edited by DJ's left nut; Today at 08:53 AM..
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:49 AM   #64
Dazed and Confused

Lot of good answers, but I'm going with Marcus Allen
PHOG is obviously part of the inner Circle.PHOG is obviously part of the inner Circle.PHOG is obviously part of the inner Circle.PHOG is obviously part of the inner Circle.PHOG is obviously part of the inner Circle.PHOG is obviously part of the inner Circle.PHOG is obviously part of the inner Circle.PHOG is obviously part of the inner Circle.PHOG is obviously part of the inner Circle.PHOG is obviously part of the inner Circle.PHOG is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:52 AM   #65

Jamaal Charles on 12 career carries of 4th and 1-3 (unfortunately I can't find a simple 4th and 1 split) -- he converted 9 of them for 1st downs.

For perspective, Adrian Peterson was 17 of 28. Charles clearly better.

Emmitt Smith was 19/27 over the games when the stats were kept (post 1994) so Charles beats him as well despite Emmitt running behind the best line of all time.

I don't think we consider Charles short-yardage ability because he was so often breaking long ones, but the guy was a force even in short yardage situations.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:03 AM   #66
Starter

Ironhead Hayward
or
Bo Jackson (especially if we are talking Tecmo Bowl)
SurroundedByMorons has disabled reputation
Old Today, 10:28 AM   #67
Grand champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Jamaal Charles on 12 career carries of 4th and 1-3 (unfortunately I can't find a simple 4th and 1 split) -- he converted 9 of them for 1st downs.

Emmitt Smith was 19/27 over the games when the stats were kept (post 1994) so Charles beats him as well despite Emmitt running behind the best line of all time.

I don't think we consider Charles short-yardage ability because he was so often breaking long ones, but the guy was a force even in short yardage situations.
He’s gotta be the most efficient back of all time, by any measure.

He was always moving forward, no wasted movement. It was like art.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:53 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post

I mean just look at it this way -- if he averaged greater than 1.25 yards more than expected, then all your OL has to do is not lose BADLY.

Block the thing up for zero yards and Charles will probably bail you out and get that 1.25 for ya.
Old Today, 10:58 AM   #69
Man of Culture

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post

Most efficient short yardage back was Marcus Allen
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:04 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
Most efficient short yardage back was Marcus Allen
It's awfully hard to argue otherwise.

3rd and 1-3: 58 first downs on 69 attempts over the course of his KC career (when he was no longer in his prime)

4th and 1-3: 14/18 converted.

So just simple combined probability, if he's about 84% likely to pick up the 1st down on 3rd and 1-3 yards, then about 77% likely to pick it up on 4th down, that means facing a 3rd down and 3, you'd fail to pick up a 1st down by giving it to him on both 3rd and 4th downs twice over 100 such scenarios.

A 98% success rate if you can pick up 7 yards on 1st and 2nd down? That's not half bad right there.
Old Today, 11:10 AM   #71
Veteran

Brandon Jacobs?
Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.
Old Today, 12:23 PM   #72
Pritay Pritay Pritay Good

BigRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.BigRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.BigRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.BigRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.BigRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.BigRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.BigRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.BigRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.BigRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.BigRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.BigRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old Today, 01:49 PM   #73
Pedantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

Where did you find those stats? I had to do manual calculations lol
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:28 PM   #74
Veteran

If not Marcus Allen, then probably Bo Jackson.
tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.
Old Today, 02:33 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverChief View Post
Where did you find those stats? I had to do manual calculations lol
Splits on pro-football reference.

They don't have them for anything prior to 1994 so I was a little disappointed that I couldn't find Allen's career stats.

Then I saw how hilariously insane his stats with KC were and decided I didn't care that much. I mean seriously? 85% of the time they gave him the ball on 3rd and short he converted? What in the cheat coding **** is that?!?!