Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old Yesterday, 01:43 PM  

Kareem Hunt [signed to the practice squad]

Edit: Oh shit, sorry read it wrong. Can a mod please change to "visits"? I think Schefter edited his tweet or something. Yeah, let's go with that.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:07 PM   #301
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Oh it usually does.

That really stupid ESPN show Playmakers did the best job ever of demonstrating exactly how.

The 'Old Warhorse' runningback spent the series trying to prove he was still as good as he used to be and was every bit as good as the new hot shit kid. And then in the last episode of the season, a hole opens up and he breaks into it.

I don't remember how they did it, but they contrasted him getting through the hole as a younger back with the version of him now that was just a half a step slower. And when he got there, the hole slammed shut.

The problem with a talent diminution is that the results aren't linear.

You fall off 10% in talent, you're not 90% as productive. When that happens, you're probably just not an NFL player anymore. Because you needed every last bit of that talent to clear that NFL ability threshhold.

If Hunt's fallen off 10%, he's not 90% of the player he once was. In fact, he'd be lucky to be HALF that guy.

Yeah, talent absolutely simply evaporates sometimes. Most times, in fact.

But hey, maybe Kareem is an outlier.
Exactly.

When people say, "as long as he's 75% of the player he use to be...." i kinda roll my eyes. 75% of the player he use to be isn't an NFL player anymore.

People just dont understand how slim the margins are.

Now, i dont really agree with you yet on Kelce as i havent looked myself. But i agree with you here on this point.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:07 PM   #302
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balto View Post
Hunt JUST turned 29 a month ago: 1030 Rushes and 226 receptions.

Comparison:
McCaffery-28, 1297 Rushes and 509 receptions.
Henry-30, 2061 Rushes and 156 receptions.
Jonathan Taylor-25, 953 Rushes and 125 receptions
Barkley-27, 1247 Rushes and 294 receptions
Josh Jacobs-26, 1353 Rushes and 199 receptions

Pacheco-25, 409 Rushes and 64 receptions

While Hunt might be washed talent wise, his age and carries say he has plenty left in the tank.
JFC... If you are washed then you have nothing left in the tank.
penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:43 PM   #303
Pedantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxSocks View Post
Exactly.

When people say, "as long as he's 75% of the player he use to be...." i kinda roll my eyes. 75% of the player he use to be isn't an NFL player anymore.

People just dont understand how slim the margins are.

Now, i dont really agree with you yet on Kelce as i havent looked myself. But i agree with you here on this point.
9 TD's last year disagree with your assessment.
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:53 PM   #304
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

The crazy thing is last season he never did a camp and missed the first two games aswell. Then Chubb got injured and he was signed straight away and played his first game on September 24th at home against the Titans. So if we sign him at least he can lean on last year's experience. In total he had nine td's in the regular season and actually had TWO td's in that playoff game in Houston. The one thing that hasn't seemed to have changed since he left is his ability inside the ten. He was always great in punching the ball in from there.

One more thing I'll add is people are talking about Hunt's age but when Jet Mckinnon was thirty years old he got us nine receiving TD's, one rushing TD and 803 total yards. And that's a man who had missed two seasons due to injury. So I have faith Kareem could still be very effective for this team once he gets up to speed.

Last edited by UChieffyBugger; Today at 01:29 PM..
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:56 PM   #305
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
Yes, I forgot how difficult it is to decipher whether a Butker/Kareem Hunt analogy to LeBron/Curry is serious. My mistake entirely.
Zero people were actually dumb enough to take that post seriously or to be upset by it.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:08 PM   #306
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrobProng View Post
Aging doesn't reduce talent, but it reduces the ability to use talent so it's basically the same thing.

A 29-year-old with relatively low mileage on the odometer should still be good to go if he's kept himself in shape.
Donger?? Has to be Donger.
BEAVER has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.BEAVER has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.BEAVER has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.BEAVER has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.BEAVER has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.BEAVER has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.BEAVER has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.BEAVER has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.BEAVER has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.BEAVER has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.BEAVER has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old Today, 01:08 PM   #307
Fish are scared of me

Listening to Sirius this morning, Nex Gen stats had Hunt as the slowest RB in the NFL last year
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:14 PM   #308
What's up braj?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
Listening to Sirius this morning, Nex Gen stats had Hunt as the slowest RB in the NFL last year
Hopefully we’re playing against Ben Niemann then.
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:15 PM   #309
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Signed to the PS

Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:16 PM   #310
Veteran

Oh snap. Let's party
KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.
Old Today, 01:19 PM   #311
Starter

If the Chiefs sign Hunt for depth it's fine.
This is the equivalent of Le'veon Bell, Melvin Gordon or whatever rerun at RB the Chiefs have signed the past couple years. If Hunt gets a couple carries for a few yards, great. If he's cut in a few weeks, so be it. If the magical powers of Mahomes causes him to regain the fountain of youth and he runs for 500 yards... well Chiefs.
myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:21 PM   #312
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Sign me up for Kareem Hunt scoring in a Super Bowl LIX win.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:21 PM   #313
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrobProng View Post
So you think the instant a player suffers a career-ending injury, all of their talent vanishes? Talk about not making sense.
I think you're defining the term so broadly as to make it useless in any sort of dialogue.

For instance, no, I don't say 'Albert Pujols is a talented hitter'

I say he WAS a talented hitter. He's old now.

And I suspect in casual conversation when you aren't being a pedant, you do the same thing.

If no...whatev. As I said, to each their own.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:22 PM   #314
Why so serious?

I love it.

He was always one of the most fun players on the sidelines. Good vibes needed with someone like Pacheco going down.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:22 PM   #315
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante84 View Post
Signed to the PS

That makes sense.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.