Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

View Poll Results: What should I say to adding Thursday night to the trip?
SAY NO. If you're not watching the game in your lucky chair, wearing your lucky T-shirt, holding your lucky mug, they will lose. 15 30.61%
SAY YES. There's like 16 other games you can watch this season. Couples time is sacred. 2 4.08%
SAY YES, BUT... You have to eat dinner at one of those romantic restaurants that shows sports on big screens all over the room. 14 28.57%
SAY YES, BUT... You can eat at any restaurant, but she will have to tape your phone to her forehead with the game streaming on it. 1 2.04%
SAY YES, BUT... You must watch the game in the room and attempt a "Quadfecta" 17 34.69%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-26-2024, 01:33 PM  
Just a li'l Evel

Potential "romantic weekend" conflict with TNF opening game

I was all set for a spectacular long weekend with Chiefs hosting Ravens opening night then the following day we would drive down the coast to San Simeon and tour Hearst Castle with a couple nights beachside relaxation for the weekend.

Well, now she's suggesting we add a night and leave a day early -- Thursday, staying in romantic Carmel by the Sea that night.

Trouble is, that's our opening night game.

She knows I am a serious Chiefs fan and rarely miss a game. Especially the opener.

Oh CP geniuses of life choice advice, what should I do?

(poll forthcoming)

(*The Quadfecta, is the rare event of four simultaneously awesome things at once. In this case, A shower beer, while getting a BJ, while watching sports -- achieved only once in this lifetime, in Las Vegas many years ago. As rare as haley's Comet I may never see another one in this lifetime)
TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:08 AM   #61
C Chiefs once a year!

Might as well go watch the game in a new environment. The game will be on somewhere since it's a Thursday. Lots of cool small bars/restaurants that can offer a fun environment to watch the game. I see an outside patio bar over looking the ocean during the sunset with a party like atmosphere. Make sure to wear your Chiefs gear.

Reminder: Make sure you respond to wife's request in a way that shows you are willing to be flexible to her request because you care about her wants/needs.

Also Hearst castle is a fun destination to visit. The tour is informative and that place in unique. The restaurant I ate at there was average food.
Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old Today, 10:10 AM   #62
Banded

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyEvel View Post
She booked dinner at a Sports bar.

Wife of the year.
I don't know if I'd call that wife of the year. But it's a start.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:13 AM   #63
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
Might as well go watch the game in a new environment. The game will be on somewhere since it's a Thursday. Lots of cool small bars/restaurants that can offer a fun environment to watch the game. I see an outside patio bar over looking the ocean during the sunset with a party like atmosphere. Make sure to wear your Chiefs gear.

Reminder: Make sure you respond to wife's request in a way that shows you are willing to be flexible to her request because you care about her wants/needs.

Also Hearst castle is a fun destination to visit. The tour is informative and that place in unique. The restaurant I ate at there was average food.
I'm a big fan of mansion tours. It's one of my favorite things to do when traveling. Rich people really knew how to live.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:19 AM   #64
Veteran

Quote:

Wife of the year.
So dinner will be chicken wings and mozzarella sticks. At least make her drive so you can get liquored up during the game.
ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old Today, 10:46 AM   #65
Tre Right, Three Jet Chip Wasp

Quote:

Wife of the year.
If it’s Brophy’s, then she’s got great taste—best sports bar in Carmel.

I’m in a similar situation. My girlfriend planned our romantic weekend in Napa, but I made a deal: I’d pick the restaurant for Thursday night (sports bar, of course), and she’d be okay with me heading to Reno early Sunday morning to place some sports bets. The rest of the weekend is whatever she wants.
Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.