Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2020, 04:32 PM   #10
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
I can't speak to execution per every DC. But in the pre-game presser Todd said everything every DC says about the Chiefs. "We gotta stop Mahomes from getting outside the pocket, we have to keep a lid on the big plays by Hill, Kelce and Hardman." Words to that effect. How he tried to do it was strange, but he knew who he needed to stop, which was my point.

I'm not saying that Spags didn't respect Tannehill, because I'm sure he did, but he knew that to make Tannehill just average he had to stop the run, so he had to stop Henry. He just didn't try to do it for an entire game, like everyone assumed he would. He did it to start the 2nd half. And kept doing it until we had a two score lead, then he focused on harassing Tannehill.
Tannehill and Henry take Tennessee to the AFCCG. Mariota and Henry don't even make the playoffs. Who in those scenarios is the same and who is different? Don't get me wrong, Henry is a beast and dominated in the playoffs but that example shows why RBs don't win MVPs anymore .
tredadda has disabled reputation