Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 04:53 PM   #2
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRyan View Post
At this point I have a feeling it comes down to Jones willingness to be reasonable. If he is wanting 21+/annually you pretty much have to let him walk. He is not Aaron Donald and if someone else is willing to pay him comparably I would likely let them. He is a monster a lot, at the same times there numerous games he just disappears.

I hope they can work something out but I can't be very optimistic at this point.
What games did he disappear?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-13-2020, 05:14 PM   #3
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
What games did he disappear?
In the run game? I would say the regular season Titans game. I would have to look back and game logs. I recall he not maintaining his gap and being completely washed out of the play on Henry's long TD run I believe. Looking back at the game logs, Ravens, Colts and Lions games were mediocre as well.

Again, I am not against signing him long term. I would love that. My point is paying him $21+/per is not something I would want to do. Unless you are getting 4-5 and the deal is front loaded while Pat is still cheap against the cap.
DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 07-13-2020, 05:17 PM   #4
Supporter

Quote:
Again, I am not against signing him long term. I would love that. My point is paying him $21+/per is not something I would want to do. Unless you are getting 4-5 and the deal is front loaded while Pat is still cheap against the cap.
You're a dope.

Fletcher Cox has 48 sacks in 8 years while Jones has had 33 in half that time.

TJ Watt is a OLBer, not a defensive tackle, and JJ has had 4 less sacks than Jones the past two seasons while again, not playing defensive tackle.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-13-2020, 05:25 PM   #5
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
You're a dope.

Fletcher Cox has 48 sacks in 8 years while Jones has had 33 in half that time.

TJ Watt is a OLBer, not a defensive tackle, and JJ has had 4 less sacks than Jones the past two seasons while again, not playing defensive tackle.
I'm not going to go "Dane" and just call you names. I will leave that to you, it's your trademark. You keep melting down, as usual, while not paying attention AT ALL, to the discussion regarding the run defense in my posts you are quoting. I am not saying run defense is the gold standard for paying the guy, but should be discussed. You choose not to discuss that and that is your choice.
DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 07-13-2020, 05:36 PM   #6
Supporter

Quote:
I'm not going to go "Dane" and just call you names. I will leave that to you, it's your trademark. You keep melting down, as usual, while not paying attention AT ALL, to the discussion regarding the run defense in my posts you are quoting. I am not saying run defense is the gold standard for paying the guy, but should be discussed. You choose not to discuss that and that is your choice.
Melting down? You're the moron comparing Jones to defensive ends and OLBer's.

NONE of your "points" have been valid. Chris Jones is the best defensive lineman in the NFL outside of Aaron Donald, period, AND he's only 25 years old.

But go ahead and keep comparing him to far lessor players and those that play completely different positions to make it even more apparent that you know absolutely nothing about the NFL.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-13-2020, 04:57 PM   #7
Supporter

Quote:
At this point I have a feeling it comes down to Jones willingness to be reasonable. If he is wanting 21+/annually you pretty much have to let him walk. He is not Aaron Donald and if someone else is willing to pay him comparably I would likely let them. He is a monster a lot, at the same times there numerous games he just disappears.

I hope they can work something out but I can't be very optimistic at this point.

No NFL player should EVER "settle" for less money, period.

And if not for Aaron Donald, Chris Jones would be the best interior lineman in the NFL, bar none.

Old 07-13-2020, 05:05 PM   #8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post

No NFL player should EVER "settle" for less money, period.

And if not for Aaron Donald, Chris Jones would be the best interior lineman in the NFL, bar none.
I'm not suggesting he should "settle" for anything less than he can get. Paying close to $50 million/year for 2 defensive lineman is not something I would be willing to do. You bar none claim is definitely debatable. If we were talking only about interior DL pass rushing, I'm right there with you. Jones is an above average run defender if we are being honest. Fletcher Cox, Kenny Clark, Cam Heyward, both Watt bros and some other would be in that debate.

Old 07-13-2020, 05:12 PM   #9
Supporter

Quote:
I'm not suggesting he should "settle" for anything less than he can get.
Bullshit

Quote:
At this point I have a feeling it comes down to Jones willingness to be reasonable.
"Reasonable". Ha! Chris Jones should hold out for every last penny because he's earned it.

Quote:
Iaying close to $50 million/year for 2 defensive lineman is not something I would be willing to do.

Who gives a **** about what you think?

Quote:
You bar none claim is definitely debatable. If we were talking only about interior DL pass rushing, I'm right there with you. Jones is an above average run defender if we are being honest.
JFC, the man has 24 sacks, 2 INT's (one for a TD) in the past two seasons, continually kicked ass in the 2018 and 2019 playoffs and was a huge part of the Chiefs first Super Bowl victory in 50 years.

Either you don't know dick about the NFL or you need to rewatch this year's postseason run.

Quote:
Fletcher Cox, Kenny Clark, Cam Heyward, both Watt bros and some other would be in that debate.
Maybe 3 or 4 years ago but certainly not in 2020. Cam Hayward has 54 sacks in 9 years while Chris Jones has had 33 sacks in 4 seasons, 24 of which came in the past two years.

Closed Thread