Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum

Old 11-15-2018, 11:26 AM   #2
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
This post is totally fine except for this point.

I'm afraid that if we are going to keep Ford and Hill, something will have to give. I think it should be the position we are in the best position to survive with given the depth.
I think that "give" needs to be Berry. He frees up enough money to pay for one of those guys and since he's rarely on the field, he also opens up a roster spot for someone that is. This team doesn't need All-World safeties, it just needs competent ones as in the past with guys like Abdullah and Coleman.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-15-2018, 01:35 PM   #3
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I think that "give" needs to be Berry. He frees up enough money to pay for one of those guys and since he's rarely on the field, he also opens up a roster spot for someone that is. This team doesn't need All-World safeties, it just needs competent ones as in the past with guys like Abdullah and Coleman.
Reasonable.

I think you're underestimating the impact Eric Berry has on the team, though. (Though keep in mind I actually did cut him in this mock.)

In sports, 1 + 1 doesn't always mean 2. Sometimes the chemistry and leadership among players makes everyone better than the sum of their parts. Putting in two good safeties like, say, Armani Watts and Taylor Rapp, is like adding 1 + 1. You're going to get 2.

Berry changes the math. Berry + any good safety is 1 + 1 = 3, due to his leadership and abilities that make everybody else's job easier. So you're losing a lot more than a guy who happens to be super good.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-15-2018, 11:29 AM   #4
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
This post is totally fine except for this point.

I'm afraid that if we are going to keep Ford and Hill, something will have to give. I think it should be the position we are in the best position to survive with given the depth.
You pay Hill.
Tag Ford
Cut Houston after 2019
If Ford stays healthy and produce you give him a contract in 2020.

*I'm not sure any defensive player is worth long term second contracts any more. But with this team, you tag Ford, and put off making that decision and you keep the team in place for next season except for Berry.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-15-2018, 01:37 PM   #5
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
You pay Hill.
Tag Ford
Cut Houston after 2019
If Ford stays healthy and produce you give him a contract in 2020.

*I'm not sure any defensive player is worth long term second contracts any more. But with this team, you tag Ford, and put off making that decision and you keep the team in place for next season except for Berry.
What's the track record on teams keeping a player after a year on the tag?

I was about to say it's not good but then realized I don't know the answer.

I think if you put Ford on the tag you make him more expensive in the near term and long term. He costs a shit ton to your cap in 2019, and if he plays amazing, he'll now have 2 years of crazy production to jack up his price rather than just one. This is the most affordable he's going to be, right now.

Just pay him.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.