Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 12-09-2017, 08:39 PM   #2
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
if it's going to be Tarantino's last movie, I guess his take on Science Fiction/Star Trek would be a worthwhile homage to the genre.
I just hope that it's the violence that's R-rated and not the language.

Seeing people ripped to shreds after an attack by alien species is one thing but hearing Kirk, McCoy or any of the other main characters say **** or shit or any other curse word would totally lose most Trekkers.

But hell yeah, bring on the Saving Private Ryan type of violence.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:17 AM   #3
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I just hope that it's the violence that's R-rated and not the language.

Seeing people ripped to shreds after an attack by alien species is one thing but hearing Kirk, McCoy or any of the other main characters say **** or shit or any other curse word would totally lose most Trekkers.

But hell yeah, bring on the Saving Private Ryan type of violence.
There is no way that Taratino would shy away from the violence in his Sci-Fi adaptation. He's always done that within any genre he's ever done. There is a track record of a lot of violence in our Sci-Fi movies. There is already a precedent.

But, I'm with you on the language. It would be way out of place to have Kirk saying **** and shit throughout the movie. It would distract within the movie.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:39 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
There is no way that Taratino would shy away from the violence in his Sci-Fi adaptation. He's always done that within any genre he's ever done. There is a track record of a lot of violence in our Sci-Fi movies. There is already a precedent.

But, I'm with you on the language. It would be way out of place to have Kirk saying **** and shit throughout the movie. It would distract within the movie.
I'd be OK with a movie in the Star Trek universe that had nothing to do with the Enterprise. Maybe focus on a squad of Starfleet Marines during the Klingon war? Maybe something to do with Section 31? Would be cool to see a movie from the point of view of an alien race as well.

Would give a little more leeway for language.
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:56 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
if it's going to be Tarantino's last movie, I guess his take on Science Fiction/Star Trek would be a worthwhile homage to the genre.
I'm guessing this won't count as his last movie, as I seriously doubt he will have the amount of control he's used to. This won't be a Tarantino flick, it will be a Star Trek by Tarantino flick. Just my guess anyway.
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.