Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Yesterday, 10:07 PM   Topic Starter
The Guy With The Goats

Pontiac Solstice GXP (and other Pontiac) discussion thread.

Holladay and I own the same car so I made this thread for he and I to chat about it but wanted to open the talk for anyone else who has driven the Solstice/Sky (Kappa platform) and has something to say about it.

I then figured I would just open it up to any chat about the Pontiac brand as I'm fairly certain that it was probably a pretty popular brand among CP'ers at some point in their lives.

----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holladay View Post
Correct 260 hp. 78k. Only had is for 6 months, thus no clue

We could have a 2 hour convo on the car, but not in this forum

BTW, the car is a BLAST, stupid, no trunk, but a blast...

Ok, whole thread for just Pontiac stuff and we can have that convo.

Mine is an 09 and it had 91k miles when I bought it. Got it for a song at $7,250 though I had to fly to Roswell, NM to go get it then drive it back.

If you have only had the car for 6 months and don't know much about it... I have some thoughts.

If you have access... check maintenance logs if your dad kept any. The timing chain/water pump/tensioners are a $2,500-$3,500 job. If your dad already did it then you are golden. If not, the manufacturer recommends changing out those components at 100k miles or 12 years... whichever comes first. It is *MASSIVELY* important you get this done because our cars have an interference engine which means that if the timing chain goes... you are buying a whole new engine or having that one rebuilt.

I recently upgraded the suspension on the car and if you are needing to do the same... let me know because there is an absolute shit ton of information I have related to it that will not necessarily save you any money but it will make the money you spend vastly more worthwhile.

Is yours manual or automatic?
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.